Drafted by Cowboys 6th round - Pick 212- RB Duece Vaughn (Kansas State)

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Ever hear of a guy named Darren Sproles?

Was an inch bigger but very much the same player.
Sproles was 190 pounds. He was a lot thicker than this guy. Too many are trying to compare him to Darren Sproles. You might want to tap the brakes on that.

Ken

Reaction score
I’m watching the highlights and he’s tiny. Most of his plays are through gaping holes. He was a sixth round pick for a reason. If someone in the NFL lays a good, solid hit on him we’ll be seeing another ambulance on the field with players kneeling in prayer. The Cowboys will probably try him out as a gadget guy. The NFL is a lot different than college.
Is he tiny? I didn't realize.

I wonder if that is why he dropped?

Makes you wonder how he ever did anything against the top schools in college, let alone 1400 and 1500 yard seasons and over 30 tds the last two seasons.......

morat1959

Reaction score
Good so get your “I’m a great quitter” *** outta here.
IMG-0307.gif
Realist…homer!

doomsday9084

Reaction score
I'll get this out of the way: I wanted Gibbs.

When I watched Bijan, I wasn't really blown away. I didn't get the Saquon Barkley vibe at all and what was missing was that instant acceleration. I don't understand the 40 time numbers on Deuce because on the field he looks fast as hell and has regularly run away from power 5 DB's.

Not worried about the height. The concern is the weight.

Will be funny as a pass blocker. He can basically knee cap a lot of defenders.

As others have noted, if you just drafted people based on box scores, he would have been one of the highest rated RB's.

tomokawan

Reaction score
I’m watching the highlights and he’s tiny. Most of his plays are through gaping holes. He was a sixth round pick for a reason. If someone in the NFL lays a good, solid hit on him we’ll be seeing another ambulance on the field with players kneeling in prayer. The Cowboys will probably try him out as a gadget guy. The NFL is a lot different than college.
I watched full games he played. At least you finally watch a highlight to comment. He did well against the heavyweight college teams.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Deuce Vaughn is not a gadget guy my god.... Turpin is not the same guy as this guy, This guy carried the ball 20+ times a game for a RUN FIRST power 5 team and was very productive even against good opponents.. just say "I've never seen him play" and watch he is a legit RB1.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Having no space to run in and finding somewhere to go is one of his best traits..

The video was just to show his speed is no issue.
It’s a lot harder to find anywhere to go when there’s no space in the NFL. At his size it’s going be hard to pull away from an arm tackle.

SlimBig

Reaction score
Whatever he did at KC State can get thrown out the window. The NFL is not KC State. He will not see those huge holes to run through in the NFL and he is going to get hit by bigger stronger faster guys. If this kid makes the team it will be for gimmick plays only, or he has to add about 10 lbs to his frame without losing his quickness. Turpin was a star in the XFL with a lot of players better than college teams. You see how Turpin did not light the league on fire. Deuce won't either. Nothing against the pick, but it is the 6th round where most picks don't make it.
He won't need that big of a hole to run through. :laugh:

And Turpin was good last year (minus the fumbles and bobbles.)
We did an atrocious job in getting him involved in the offense. You give someone like Sean Payton or Shannahan a chance to utilize Turpin on offense for 3-5 snaps a game and you'd see what an asset he could be.

We just use or fast guys for jet sweeps.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I watched full games he played. At least you finally watch a highlight to comment. He did well against the heavyweight college teams.
I watched his highlights before I commented.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Zeke didn’t need a hole he could push a pile. They list this little kid at 176 pounds and that’s probably dripping wet. No way is he going to hold up as an RB in the NFL. He’ll be a gadget guy/returner like Turpin
This is true. Zeke was the best at being too slow to the hole and then pushing the pile for 2 yards.

morasp

Reaction score
Good receiver, can run between the tackles and good returner. Only down side is blitz pickup. 1872 and 1936 yards from scrimmage the last two seasons.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Deuce Vaughn is not a gadget guy my god.... Turpin is not the same guy as this guy, This guy carried the ball 20+ times a game for a RUN FIRST power 5 team and was very productive even against good opponents.. just say "I've never seen him play" and watch he is a legit RB1.

And what a steal to get him where we did. I'm delighted

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Nepotism doesn’t apply…….just like all the millionaire players are really part of the 1 percenters.

Having said that, I hope he works out well here
If Nepotism is what got him on the roster then I’m ok with it lol.

This guy can play football and is unique.

If it doesn’t work out then so be it but the risk / reward to me is high.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
Lol his height had a lot to do with it.

There is always inherent risk taking a player that is 5’ 5”. I just believe that the ridiculous production he put up in college more than makes up for his physical stature.

He is not an every down back and many teams probably just don’t think he fits into how they use their RBs. Dallas will have to get creative to get him involved, but he brings a very unique skill set to the table with an undeniable ability to put up huge numbers.

In the end, it’s a 6th round pick. Most 6th rounders don’t even make the team. This pick is a roll of the dice like all the rest are, but I think the potential payoff more than justifies the expenditure.
Have no problem with them picking him. Its a cool story.

My personal opinion is that he'll have a couple nice runs in pre season and then have a nice career on the practice squad.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Is he tiny? I didn't realize.

I wonder if that is why he dropped?

Makes you wonder how he ever did anything against the top schools in college, let alone 1400 and 1500 yard seasons and over 30 tds the last two seasons.......
You can tell on his highlight reel he’s tiny. He’s listed at 5’5” 176 pounds. They’re probably giving him a few pounds..

tomokawan

Reaction score
These comments by guys that don't have a clue about him and you can spot them so easily.