Drafted by Cowboys 6th round - Pick 212- RB Duece Vaughn (Kansas State)

Ken

Reaction score
You can tell on his highlight reel he’s tiny. He’s listed at 5’5” 176 pounds. They’re probably giving him a few pounds..
Tiny guy who squate 485 12 times.

I'm sold on this kid. What a freaking steal....

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
https://BAN-INCOMING-IN-3-2-1/college/KansasState_logo.gif Deuce Vaughn*,
RB, Kansas State
Height: 5-5. Weight: 179. Arm: 27.75. Hand: 9.5.
Projected 40 Time: 4.4
Projected Round (2023): 3-5.

View Ranking History
4/22/23: Vaughn is a superb football player who can be a dominant runner. He is quick, strong for his size, has excellent instincts, and is super elusive. Vaughn shows phenomenal moves to juke and dodge tacklers, making them look bad when they try to take him down. Vaughn is the son of Chris Vaughn, a long-time scout with the Cowboys who also coached at Arkansas, Ole Miss, Memphis and Texas.
If Deuce Vaughn were three or four inches taller, he would be an early-round pick, but at 5-foot-5, some NFL team sources think he will slip to the fourth round of the 2023 NFL Draft. Some scouts say Vaughn is similar to another Kansas State legend, Darren Sproles.
In 2022, Vaughn averaged 5.3 yards per carry for 1,558 yards and nine touchdowns. He also had 42 receptions for 378 yards and three touchdowns. In 2021, Vaughn averaged 6.0 yards per carry for 1,404 yards and 18 touchdowns. He also caught 49 yards for 468 yards and four touchdowns.

I hope he is as close to Sproles as it sounds like he is.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Tiny guy who squate 485 12 times.

I'm sold on this kid. What a freaking steal....
He hasn’t even put on the pads in training camp and you’re already sold on him? I would tap the brakes if I were you. Lol

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
You see thicker? I see the same exact player....it is scarey...they even went to the same college.
Skill-wise, they are very similar. Maybe Sproles has more run-away speed. However, Sproles did play at 190, about 10 lbs heavier than Deuce. Ideally Deuce is able to add and carry another 5-10 lbs without losing any of his athleticism.

manster4ever

Reaction score
I can tell which guys never watched this kid play in college.
Yep, he's something ELSE. First saw him vs TCU in the Big 12 Championship game and he pretty much won the game for KSU. LOVE his talent but fear for him if someone gets a solid lick on him...truly.

Ken

Reaction score
He hasn’t even put on the pads in training camp and you’re already sold on him? I would tap the brakes if I were you. Lol
Nope...i have seen what I need to see. This kid makes Ronald Jones have an actual good role.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Doesn’t mean he’ll be the same player. Darren Sproles was a pretty special player and he was a fourth round draft pick. There’s not a lot of backs drafted in the sixth round that pan out.
Many fans on this board would have called for cutting Sproles early in his career. He had 60 yards from scrimmage his first season, missed his 2nd season and then had 195 yards from scrimmage his 3rd year. I'm sure there would be lots of board members calling him a bum.

I do think a little tapping on the brakes for Vaughn is reasonable, but any contribution from a 6th rounder is a positive. Like Sproles, Vaughn will have to do things other than running it up the gut and producing while only averaging 5 attempts(at most) per game.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
He is a sproles clone....

It is uncanny...find my last post a few pages ago with Sproles' highlights at KState....

I saw highlights of him, and I can see that. Wow, him, Pollard, and Malik Davis will be a dangerous trio.

Reactions: Ken

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
and thats fine. We just need him to be good for like 3-4 years.
If he makes the team, I’ll be surprised if he gets many carries. The reason Turpin didn’t get many opportunities at receiver is because of his size. His size is going be a detriment playing RB in the NFL.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
Doesn’t mean he’ll be the same player. Darren Sproles was a pretty special player and he was a fourth round draft pick. There’s not a lot of backs drafted in the sixth round that pan out.
Well to be fair where would sproles go in todays NFL draft as a RB? and at KSU Deuce went by Sproles stats

Arkyvarminter

Reaction score
It’s a lot harder to find anywhere to go when there’s no space in the NFL. At his size it’s going be hard to pull away from an arm tackle.
U act like he's some little skinny kid who's weak. He is short but he's pretty thick...180lbs. He also lifted 225lbs 19 times which is good for a RB. He is a heck of a pass catcher too. He ran the ball great against teams like Alabama including a 44 yard TD. He's alot better player than u portray him to be. I think he will be a good back.......

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Very clearly.
You really need to tap the brakes on that one because there’s no guarantees this kid makes the team. Turpin made the Pro Bowl last season. They may take him off KOs and use Vaughn but they’ll keep him at punt returner.