Drafted by Cowboys 6th round - Pick 212- RB Duece Vaughn (Kansas State)

Displaced Cowboy

Reaction score
lol..does your shirt say "I dont watch college football"?
I watch a ton of college football and what he did in the Big XII is irrelevance.

He’s 5’5” 180 lbs and wouldn’t run the 40 because it was going to be a mediocre at best time.

He will never be anything better than a below average 3rd string running back.

offlimits

Reaction score
At his size he’s not going to be pushing many piles and picking up tough yards.
That is not why they drafted him. Get the ball to this kid in space... line him up in the slot or a screen or even a pitchout where he has one defender to beat. All he needs is an opening and he gone.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I watch a ton of college football and what he did in the Big XII is irrelevance.

He’s 5’5” 180 lbs and wouldn’t run the 40 because it was going to be a mediocre at best time.

He will never be anything better than a below average 3rd string running back.
Really is what B Robinson did irrelevant? you hang on that "40 time" I'll hang on the fact that he and B Robinson played the same teams and against the better defenses DEUCE had better running days..simple facts, but go ahead tell me what you know.

Smith22

Reaction score
Good luck finding holes like that in the NFL. That looked like a parting of the Red Sea.
So Alabama sucks?

Kid did nothing but produce in D1 football yet you are nothing but negative in this entire thread. Wild.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
That is not why they drafted him. Get the ball to this kid in space... line him up in the slot or a screen or even a pitchout where he has one defender to beat. All he needs is an opening and he gone.
It’s obvious they didn’t draft him to push piles, they have Pollard who can make a ton of plays out in space. We need a road grader who can pick up the tough yards and pound it in the end zone.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
mighty-mouse-here-i-come.gif

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
So Alabama sucks?

Kid did nothing but produce in D1 football yet you are nothing but negative in this entire thread. Wild.
I’ve been negative about his size and all some of you have been doing is acting like he’s the next superstar RB in the NFL. Lol One fan proclaimed his Emmitt Smith, Barry Sanders and Adrian Peterson all wrapped up in one back. :laugh: There’s no assurances he even makes the team. He’s a sixth round pick!

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
It’s obvious they didn’t draft him to push piles, they have Pollard who can make a ton of plays out in space. We need a road grader who can pick up the tough yards and pound it in the end zone.
I didnt think TP had any problems with short yardage...you need 2 backs why not have 2 that can threaten the defense on any down and distance.

This myth is just that a myth, was Zeke good at short yards..yes did he do any better than TP..no but TP needed a 2nd back and Zeke was it...

freemanjc19

Reaction score
I’ve been negative about his size and all some of you have been doing is acting like he’s the next superstar RB in the NFL. Lol One fan proclaimed his Emmitt Smith, Barry Sanders and Adrian Peterson all wrapped up in one back. :laugh: There’s no assurances he even makes the team. He’s a sixth round pick!
He's making the team, trust me!

HungryLion

Reaction score
He’s not a top 10 running back and has never had 200 carries in a season.

Who is getting the 200+ carries Pollard can’t handle?
It’s a matter of opinion sure. But pollard is a very good running back.

You have pollard, duece, Malik Davis, Ronald jones, Rico dowdle.

Plenty of backs to spread the ball around to.

75boyz

Reaction score
I agree. As an Alabama fan I was very impressed with the speed he showed against us.
I mean maybe.
He had the one breakaway 88yarder td in the 1st qtr that was no doubt impressive.
But then...?
He had 21 more carries.
For 45 total yards.

So yeah,
context is kinda important.

There's a lot more Alabama like defenses geared to stop the run in the NFL.

But yeah,
He did break a long one so there's that, lol.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I didnt think TP had any problems with short yardage...you need 2 backs why not have 2 that can threaten the defense on any down and distance.
He’s had some problems in short yardage where he’s taken a loss. A few years ago against Philly he took a loss on a third and one and it helped cost us the game. We can’t be settling for FG attempts all season. We have to be able to churn out tough yards in the redzone and punch it over the goal line.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Will Emmitt SMith let Deuce Vaughn wear 22?

I mean his nickname is Deuce.

offlimits

Reaction score
Lots of big plays, including against teams like LSU and Alabama.

MM will no doubt design a few plays, in certain situations, for this kid. Just get the ball to this kid in space and watch him goooooooooooo.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
So Alabama sucks?
I never said they sucked. If you think every players skills in college translate to the NFL, you haven’t been following the NFL very long. If you think it’s a sure thing that a sixth round pick is going to make it in the NFL good luck!