Drafted by Cowboys 6th round - Pick 212- RB Duece Vaughn (Kansas State)

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Sproles was drafted at 5'6" 187 lbs.

Had a similar career at Kstate as Deuce. The 1 inch height difference is probably the 10 lbs difference. They are about as similar as two players can be, imo.
This kid is quick and shifty, but he’s not as quick and shifty as Darren Sproles. Sproles was still bigger than this kid. If you want to mark him down as being another Sproles go ahead. Players are getting bigger, faster and stronger every year. We’ll find out just how similar he is to Sproles this summer.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
So funny... I had a friend that messaged me about this kid when he was picked. He is SO versatile. He can return punts, play him in the slot, he can take snaps as a tailback, and use him on draws and screens. He runs 4.3 - 4.4 but man... I think he is faster than that when he breaks. He is rarely caught from behind and when he makes an appearance on the offense. The defense will have to account for him. This kid is a weapon. Not comparing him to TD but this kid can score at any point on the field at any moment. He will be fun to watch.
He is the same as TP, if you go by body mass and strength he may be stronger than TP actually...but yeah the offense doesnt have to tip thier hand at all when Deuce comes in for TP or vice versa...

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
So funny... I had a friend that messaged me about this kid when he was picked. He is SO versatile. He can return punts, play him in the slot, he can take snaps as a tailback, and use him on draws and screens. He runs 4.3 - 4.4 but man... I think he is faster than that when he breaks. He is rarely caught from behind and when he makes an appearance on the offense. The defense will have to account for him. This kid is a weapon. Not comparing him to TD but this kid can score at any point on the field at any moment. He will be fun to watch.
I don’t recall seeing those fast 40 times more lke 4.5-4.6 - but he LOOKS fast and plays fast in pads… he has football speed.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Vaughn is a Swiss Army knife type player and I’m sure the Cowboys are going to try and find a role for him that fits that. Probably as a returner and out in space on passing downs as a receiver. They’ll probably have some gadget plays for him. Line him up as a receiver, and use him on some end arounds.

Arkyvarminter

Reaction score
This is the only NFL board where your team drafts a player who has done well in college and you have to go on here and defend him. Only in Dallas. I see a kid who is short BUT he is thick. He is very strong, he squats a ton and done 19 times on the 225 bench press. He played well against the really good teams in college and catches the ball really well. What's not to like for a 6 round pick? I think he has a good career but we'll have to wait and see. I know, and will remember, the ones on here criticizing him....Good day all!

Mark

Reaction score
Well...they waited until the end to give the Madden crowd their "sexy" pick. Very exciting.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I'm telling you i will be shocked if he doesnt start the season splitting carries with TP...even if Zeke comes back, this guy is not a gadget guy he is thick and strong and is for sure an RB even more so than TP was when we drafted him.

I shouldnt be suprised if we pull the TP draft thread I'm sure it riddled with "Why would you draft this guy"