Drafted by Cowboys 6th round - Pick 212- RB Duece Vaughn (Kansas State)

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
He’s had some problems in short yardage where he’s taken a loss. A few years ago against Philly he took a loss on a third and one and it helped cost us the game. We can’t be settling for FG attempts all season. We have to be able to churn out tough yards in the redzone and punch it over the goal line.
ok but last year did he have problems in 3rd and short...again most teams dont take the ball out of thier explosive RB's hands on any down..we had Zeke and of course opinions vary on why we did that last year.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I never said they sucked. If you think every players skills in college translate to the NFL, you haven’t been following the NFL very long.
yes any player can bust going from NCAA to NFL but this guy is not a one trick pony he can carry the rock just as much as TP can....didnt we say the same thing about TP when he was drafted "He never really carried the ball in college" now Deuce has and its "Well we dont know he can carry it in the NFL" true but thats every player until they get to play.

Smith22

Reaction score
If you think every players skills in college translate to the NFL, you haven’t been following the NFL very long. If you think it’s a sure thing that a sixth round pick is going to make it in the NFL good luck!
Never claimed any of the above. But I sure as heck won't right off a player because he is short or doesn't have an ideal 40.

Numerous nfl stars had terrible 40 times.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
yes any player can bust going from NCAA to NFL but this guy is not a one trick pony he can carry the rock just as much as TP can....didnt we say the same thing about TP when he was drafted "He never really carried the ball in college" now Deuce has and its "Well we dont know he can carry it in the NFL" true but thats every player until they get to play.
We’ll find out this summer what he can do compared to Tony Pollard.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Never claimed any of the above. But I sure as heck won't right off a player because he is short or doesn't have an ideal 40.

Numerous nfl stars had terrible 40 times.
I’m not writing him off, but he’s small especially for an RB. I never said anything about his 40 time and from what I’ve read it’s not terrible. He’s fast in the 4.4 range but he’s not a 4.3.

MojaveJT

Reaction score
Love seeing a small and speedy RB. Could open up a lot of different looks. Hope he stays healthy.

Also reminds me a bit of CMc if he can beef up a bit.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
why not ? sproles was one inch taller.
Sproles was a hell of a lot tougher....And his mental make up....you weren't gonna break him mentally. This Vaughn kid.....may not even make it out of camp if it wasn't for daddy being on the pay roll.

:popcorn:

revospeed

Reaction score
I watch a ton of college football and what he did in the Big XII is irrelevance.

He’s 5’5” 180 lbs and wouldn’t run the 40 because it was going to be a mediocre at best time.

He will never be anything better than a below average 3rd string running back.
Only draft players from the SEC. Gotcha.

Low IQ take.

75boyz

Reaction score
only if Aikman lets Dak wear #8
I started to throw up on the post about Emmitt giving up his number, but then I went all the way and literally blew chunks on this one saying Dak gets Aikman's.

revospeed

Reaction score
Sproles was a hell of a lot tougher....And his mental make up....you weren't gonna break him mentally. This Vaughn kid.....may not even make it out of camp if it wasn't for daddy being on the pay roll.

:popcorn:
Correct. A 5’5 All American tailback screams “mentally weak” and “nepotism”.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I would like these knuckleheads to explain how he has the most all purpose yards in College being a weak willed little gimmicky RB

I will wait.