Drafted by Cowboys 6th round - Pick 212- RB Duece Vaughn (Kansas State)

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I’m not trying to discount it, but playing against quality NFL teams is a lot different than playing against college teams. There’s a lot of college players that have produced big time at the collegiate level and never came close to that in the NFL. The problem with Vaughn is he’s undersized for an RB. He’s going to be a returner and gadget guy. I’m sure they’ll give them a few running plays.
Almost 4,000 yards in two seasons playing big time college football against top end talent. 88 yard run against a semi pro team like Alabama. Well worth a 6th round flyer.

Flamma

Reaction score
I don't know why I love this pick. The little ankle breaker is quick. Good luck locating him out of the backfield.

So quick the video looks like it's on X2 when he's running. Him and Mazi are my favorite picks.

Ken

Reaction score
He was never injured in college. He ran the ball 651 times for 3,604. 116 receptions for 1,280.
All in 3 years at Kansas State. 43 TDs.

1,936 all-purpose yards This past season.
  • Unanimous All-American (2022)
  • Consensus All-American (2021)
  • Big 12 Offensive Freshman of the Year (2020)
  • 3× Second-team All-Big 12 (2020–2022)
His 4.7/4.61 40 was on a pulled quad. The Cowboys requested a personal workout from him, and he was verified as running as running 4.41.
I thought the pulled quad was for the 7th round wr?
Or did i misunderstand?

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Don't see how anyone can complain about this Deuce Vaughn pick. He has a chance to make an immediate impact on the field along with Pollard. And is good enough for some Eagles fans on twitter to have wanted him signed to their team. I mention the Eagles since Deuce Vaughn would be the type of player who would have this forum calling Howie a genius if he had signed with the Eagles.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Almost 4,000 yards in two seasons playing big time college football against top end talent. 88 yard run against a semi pro team like Alabama. Well worth a 6th round flyer.
I have no problem drafting him in the sixth round and he’s got ability but his size is going to be an issue in the NFL. I would’ve preferred a big, thick road grader who could run over people. Someone you could pound the ball with to close out a game.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I have no problem drafting him in the sixth round and he’s got ability but his size is going to be an issue in the NFL. I would’ve preferred a big, thick road grader who could run over people. Someone you could pound the ball with to close out a game.
We have that in Davis and Jones.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
We have that in Davis and Jones.
Davis and Jones combined for just over 200 yards rushing last season with 2 TDs. Both are a downgrade over Zeke. We may end up having to re-sign him.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/leaders/rush-yds-per-att-player-career.html

Those are the career ypc averages for college rbs over the last several years.

Vaughn is at 5.6 and doesnt crack that list.

Now look through that list and find all the names that either never made it to the NFL or didn't do squat if they did.

Now, go find the ones that were 5'5 180 with mediocre speed.

Hundreds of super productive RBs with much better measurables that did bupkus.

Is he the 1 in a 100 needle in a haystack?

Like I said, its a cool story. But the anointing going on in here is insane.

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
Don't see how anyone can complain about this Deuce Vaughn pick. He has a chance to make an immediate impact on the field along with Pollard. And is good enough for some Eagles fans on twitter to have wanted him signed to their team. I mention the Eagles since Deuce Vaughn would be the type of player who would have this forum calling Howie a genius if he had signed with the Eagles.
well apparently eagles can do no wrong in the draft or FA according to our fans. if eagles fans like him he must be good.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
This is 2023 nobody cares about pushing piles and getting tough yards anymore.
If you can’t get tough yards these days you’re going to be settling for a lot of FG’s. You got to be able to move the chains on third and two and punch it into the endzone. You have to be able to closeout games in the closing minutes. You need to move the chains and churn out first downs. You can’t be bouncing it outside trying to find space. You have to be able to push the pile.

75boyz

Reaction score
https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/leaders/rush-yds-per-att-player-career.html

Those are the career ypc averages for college rbs over the last several years.

Vaughn is at 5.6 and doesnt crack that list.

Now look through that list and find all the names that either never made it to the NFL or didn't do squat if they did.

Now, go find the ones that were 5'5 180 with mediocre speed.

Hundreds of super productive RBs with much better measurables that did bupkus.

Is he the 1 in a 100 needle in a haystack?

Like I said, its a cool story. But the anointing going on in here is insane.
Very, very well said.
Being pumped up here as though he's a miniature Jim Brown, lol.

Just wow. smh

tomokawan

Reaction score
I’m not trying to discount it, but playing against quality NFL teams is a lot different than playing against college teams. There’s a lot of college players that have produced big time at the collegiate level and never came close to that in the NFL. The problem with Vaughn is he’s undersized for an RB. He’s going to be a returner and gadget guy. I’m sure they’ll give them a few running plays.
You been spending every post discounting this pick.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Davis and Jones combined for just over 200 yards rushing last season with 2 TDs. Both are a downgrade over Zeke. We may end up having to re-sign him.
Zeke is totally coming back. :laugh: