Drafted by Cowboys 6th round - Pick 212- RB Duece Vaughn (Kansas State)

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Oh i am, i know a difference maker when I see one.

BTW...Dunn weighed in at 176 at the combine...lighter than Deuce...lol

Supposed ran anywhere from 4.26-4.38 in the 40, which is blazing fast. My point is...somehow he was able to survive in the NFL at that weight a 4 inches taller....
Right, like you’re a draft expert. Lol Dunn’s prime years were 25 years ago. Players are getting bigger, stronger and faster every year. If you want to believe Vaughn is the same quality talent that Warrick Dunn was then keep dreaming!

NickZepp

Reaction score
Oh, the super top secret work out. Gottcha.

No chance his dad was clocking him, right?

If he had legit 4.4 speed he would have ran at the combine. He ran once at his pro day and it was 4.55 range.

Then he mysteriously shows up to the team that his dad is a scout for and runs a 4.41.

Can you at least see my apprehension with this little nugget?
40 times are overrated. He's got good enough speed. Question is going to be the physical pounding over time in the NFL for small guys like him is can he take the pounding over time. We got that question for our probable star back this year in Pollard too.

Ken

Reaction score
Right, like you’re a draft expert. Lol Dunn’s prime years were 25 years ago. Players are getting bigger, stronger and faster every year. If you want to believe Vaughn is the same quality talent that Warrick Dunn was then keep dreaming!
RIght...

Never been easier for a guy like him to survive and thrive in this league than it is right now. Guys used to get killed when Dunn was in the league.

Ken

Reaction score
Honestly...this is the most impressive highlight film I have ever watched. I have seen really good ones vs lesser comp...but this is ungodly.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Honestly...this is the most impressive highlight film I have ever watched. I have seen really good ones vs lesser comp...but this is ungodly.

You can't say he's slow after watching those clips. He looks like an elite returner coming out of the backfield.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
So I’m watching the highlights for Deuce Vaughn’s college career (seriously - this is a half-hour+ vid posted on YouTube, and Deuce makes great play after great play)… but I’m ALSO noticing how large his helmet is proportional to his body. And it suddenly occurs to me. Does anybody here remember the Rick Moranis character in the Mel Brooks sendup of the movie ‘Star Wars’ titled ‘Spaceballs’? Because Deuce Vaughn… IS ‘Dark Helmet’.

speedkilz88

Reaction score

Dri Archer
5'8 174
4.26 forty

Howd he pan out?

He was basically a one year wonder in the MAC and was still a 3rd round draft pick. That's also before the rule changes and spread offenses that make it easier for the smaller players. Look at the size of WRs coming into the league these days.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score

Joey Bosa's highlights when he was coming out of OSU was 30 minutes of football smut.

Ken

Reaction score

Dri Archer
5'8 174
4.26 forty

Howd he pan out?

Not well..

IT isn't remotely the same thing though, Archer was playing our lady of the worthless miracle colleges.

He also wasn't nearly as productive, only 1 year.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
He was basically a one year wonder in the MAC and was still a 3rd round draft pick. That's also before the rule changes and spread offenses that make it easier for the smaller players. Look at the size of WRs coming into the league these days.
WRs THIS year you mean.

Name a current top 10 wr thats 5'9 190 or less.

And surprise, yes, Dri missed four games his last year because he got hurt.