Drafted by Cowboys 6th round - Pick 212- RB Duece Vaughn (Kansas State)

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Ever hear of a guy named Warrick Dunn?

5' 9" 180lbs.

He did ok.
He was still bigger than Vaughn. By the way, Warrick Dunn was a first round draft pick.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
I would love to see Zeke's current 40 time. He looks like a completely different player nowadays than early in his career. I wouldn't be surprised if he was 4.8 or more.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
At his size he’s not going to be pushing many piles and picking up tough yards.
:facepalm:

He is clearly a in space runner and dangerous return man.

Why would you make a completely non-sense post like that?

Reactions: dmq

Ken

Reaction score
He was still bigger than Vaughn. By the way, Warrick Dunn was a first round draft pick.
Yes...by height, which makes my point even more. He was rail thin 4 inches taller and weighing basically the same.

10,000 yards later...he did alright.

And he was a 1st round pick....no reason deuce should have been a 6th....we stole him.

BlindFaith

Reaction score
He was never injured in college. He ran the ball 651 times for 3,604. 116 receptions for 1,280.
All in 3 years at Kansas State. 43 TDs.

1,936 all-purpose yards This past season.
  • Unanimous All-American (2022)
  • Consensus All-American (2021)
  • Big 12 Offensive Freshman of the Year (2020)
  • 3× Second-team All-Big 12 (2020–2022)
His 4.7/4.61 40 was on a pulled quad. The Cowboys requested a personal workout from him, and he was verified as running as running 4.41.
Oh, the super top secret work out. Gottcha.

No chance his dad was clocking him, right?

If he had legit 4.4 speed he would have ran at the combine. He ran once at his pro day and it was 4.55 range.

Then he mysteriously shows up to the team that his dad is a scout for and runs a 4.41.

Can you at least see my apprehension with this little nugget?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
:facepalm:

He is clearly a in space runner and dangerous return man.

Why would you make a completely non-sense post like that?
I said he’s not going to be pushing piles at his size, why is that nonsense? We need a big powerful back who can do that because the Cowboys take a lot of chances on fourth down, especially in their own end of the field. Zeke was able to pick up some yards that weren’t there. There’s certain situations where you want to be able to wear down your opponent. You need a big road grader.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Yes...by height, which makes my point even more. He was rail thin 4 inches taller and weighing basically the same.

10,000 yards later...he did alright.

And he was a 1st round pick....no reason deuce should have been a 6th....we stole him.
Warrick Dunn was a much better prospect than Vaughn which is why he was a first round draft pick. If you want to go overboard on a sixth round pick feel free.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I said he’s not going to be pushing piles at his size, why is that nonsense? We need a big powerful back who can do that because the Cowboys take a lot of chances on fourth down, especially in their own end of the field.
Meet Ronald Jones.

NickZepp

Reaction score
This guy is Darrien Sproles but a lot more physical inside and probably not quite the top end speed of Sproles but still pretty good.

Ken

Reaction score
Warrick Dunn was a much better prospect than Vaughn which is why he was a first round draft pick. If you want to go overboard on a sixth round pick feel free.
Oh i am, i know a difference maker when I see one.

BTW...Dunn weighed in at 176 at the combine...lighter than Deuce...lol

Supposed ran anywhere from 4.26-4.38 in the 40, which is blazing fast. My point is...somehow he was able to survive in the NFL at that weight a 4 inches taller....

HungryLion

Reaction score
Oh, the super top secret work out. Gottcha.

No chance his dad was clocking him, right?

If he had legit 4.4 speed he would have ran at the combine. He ran once at his pro day and it was 4.55 range.

Then he mysteriously shows up to the team that his dad is a scout for and runs a 4.41.

Can you at least see my apprehension with this little nugget?
I understand your concern with the testing numbers. I do.

But watch him play. He is FAST on tape. He pulls away from defenders and beats them to the edge regularly.

Ken

Reaction score
If Vaughn was 5-9 he would have went in the 2nd round easy.
EASY.

I see at least one draft nik called his pass pro "impressive"....if that is true....damn. I have been gushing about this guy assuming he couldn't pass pro...