7 yr old writes heartbreaking letter to Jerry Jones (with parents help)

erod

Reaction score
So writing a letter saying " WE SUCK" to a married man who has pictures of himself drunk and fondling strippers is just such a horrible sin isn't it?
How are the two related? I certainly would never defend the actions of Jerry, whom I detest in general.

jujoboys

Reaction score
Using the term "adult" when describing Lizard-Face Jones is a farce. It's not like this great saint of a married man was ever caught drunk and fondling strippers or anything....:rolleyes:
https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQZQb8GPNFAIaZ5oMmfRdEacMopRGrF92zd83od7Ok_eZ_tKd6nKC7F2pIn
I wasn't talking about Jones. The kid called Jason Garrett the clapper.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Why did you remove my second line? Because it refutes your argument because you know as I do that fan will continue to spend money and go watch or tune in, run to Jerry for his signature and take photos with him

Jerry is not the problem. It's the fans who reward him for his bad record

:cool:

Oh, true, not disagreeing with you on that.

But not all fans will continue to spend money on things if the team continues to lose, and even those that do will only spend as long as the team has some good seasons. For the last 20 plus years the team has had 10 or more win seasons followed by less than 10 wins. The up years give Dallas fans hope. But last year was 9-7, this year 10 or more wins is extremely unlikely. If the team follows 9-7 with like 6-10 or 5-11, I think you will see bandwagon fans start to drop away from supporting the team, which means buying t-shirts, hats, etc...

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This irrationally irritates me. I absolutely loathe when parents use their children as a tool for personal gain and this is exactly what this is. This doesn’t even read like a letter he wanted to write and they helped with some of wording. It reads exactly like they told him to write exactly what they told him. As a parent of a soon to be 7 year old, it would not surprise me if this was a long, tedious process for the kid as well.

Kudos to the kid though. His penmanship is surprisingly well developed for a 7 year old. It looks better than mine if I’m being honest.
Your irritation is hardly irrational

camelboy

mgcowboy
Reaction score
Oh, true, not disagreeing with you on that.

But not all fans will continue to spend money on things if the team continues to lose, and even those that do will only spend as long as the team has some good seasons. For the last 20 plus years the team has had 10 or more win seasons followed by less than 10 wins. The up years give Dallas fans hope. But last year was 9-7, this year 10 or more wins is extremely unlikely. If the team follows 9-7 with like 6-10 or 5-11, I think you will see bandwagon fans start to drop away from supporting the team, which means buying t-shirts, hats, etc...

Point taken. The thing fans need to know is to stop following false hopes. This is the Dallas Cowboys, the patriots before the patriots, the bar, the measuring stick. We complete every year, we are in the playoffs every year, we are in the conversation (Championship convo that it) every year. I know it is alien to many young fans, but older fans know what I am talking about, and mostly them who are walking away from this joke.

This is not the Dallas Cowboys, this is Jones Cowboys, a laughing stock who maters only to the pure purpose of ridicule and joke.

:cool:

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I didn't care at all about this kid or his idiot parents after "DezX".

I bet they own a ton of jerseys too. The types that will but any jersey Jerry Jones puts out. If they came out with a Dez Bryant Limited Edition Doo Doo Brown jersey, his dad would be on instragram within a day in it with the #88throwupdaX #LEdoodoobrown

Maverick84

Reaction score
I didn't care at all about this kid or his idiot parents after "DezX".

I bet they own a ton of jerseys too. The types that will but any jersey Jerry Jones puts out. If they came out with a Dez Bryant Limited Edition Doo Doo Brown jersey, his dad would be on instragram within a day in it with the #88throwupdaX #LEdoodoobrown
:laugh:

lol yup, don't forget his Rocafella chain and his Air Jordan's smfhhhhh... because repping ridiculous slogans and brands is somehow a thing

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
It reads more like mommy and daddy expressing their frustrations through their kiddo.
yea, i saw this on faceplace and my instant reply was "really? i'm pretty sure an adult helped with this" and the person deleted it soon after. :)

Sully

Reaction score
If Jerry fails to hold the coaching staff accountable, he should hire someone that will. He is hurting this team as GM, but his ego is more important than on field success.

That’s why being a Cowboys fan is almost pointless these days.

Exactly, Jerry doesn't hold himself accountable and that is why the Cowboys have struggled to be relevant for 23yrs(give and take a year of two). Jerry cares MORE about entertainment than wins and that equation has produced being #1 richest sports franchise (according to Forbes).

plasticman

Reaction score
Dear Jerry,

I am only 62 years old but my doctor says I suffer from terminal old age. He has given me only 20 more years to live.

My only wish before I go is to see a Dallas Cowboys championship. It would make me so happy despite my condition. Please make this happen for me. I know you could do it if you only HIRE A FREAKIN' GM, YOU EGOTISTICAL, ARROGANT, DELUSIONAL FRAUD!

Thank you for reading my letter.

Sincerely,
Plastic B. Man

zekecowboy

Reaction score
Yeah, zingers like “the cheerleaders are better” and “coach Garrett is clapping” are not coming out of a seven year old’s brain. It’s a funny stunt though...

Maybe the kid reads this forum. Whether its a pr stunt to get publicity for the kid or what, the sad fact is the Dallas Cowboys have a MEDIOCRE football team.