7 yr old writes heartbreaking letter to Jerry Jones (with parents help)

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Much respect for the young man and hope Jerry Jones reads his letter. That is a perfect example of what might reasonably influence Jones in a tiny but tangible way. He will certainly have a better chance of egging Jones where it matter most--between his ears--than all the people practicing personal financial dissent against Jones combined.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Much respect for the young man and hope Jerry Jones reads his letter. That is a perfect example of what might reasonably influence Jones in tiny but tangible way. He will certainly have a better chance of egging Jones where it matter most--between his ears--than all the people practicing personal financial dissent against Jones combined.
tenor.gif

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It's very obvious a parent told the kid what to say. There's no 7-year non-prodigy who writes like that.
I agree about the parents helping but you don't really think 7 year olds can't write that well do you? Hell I kind of figured he was dumbing it down for the parents.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree about the parents helping but you don't really think 7 year olds can't write that well do you? Hell I kind of figured he was dumbing it down for the parents.
There are many areas of that letter that a 7-year old would not be capable of writing. It's not just the wording, but the entire style, context, etc. as well as the grammatical presentation.

Imagine if a 40 year old person wrote that letter. Would social media be talking about it? Would the media be talking about it? Of course not. Get a kid to to write what you tell them to write, then share it on social media with a photo of your kid and the social masses fall for it every time.

It was an attention stunt by the parent(s) who made sure to make a spectacle of their kid on social media .. and it worked .. a lot of naive fans, haters and the media are sharing it everywhere they possibly can .. because they think it will matter .. and it won't .. to anyone in the Cowboys organization at least.

ESisback

Reaction score
Cowboys fans come in every catagory that one can imagine. All shapes, sizes, women, men, children and even pets. They're located around the world. Here's a little fella from Texas who decided to do something about his team. He wrote a letter to Mr. Jones.
Little Rylan's mom reminds me of myself come game day. And folks wonder why I'm miserable. :angry:

"Dear Mr. Jones,
My name is Rylan Wood. I am a 7-year-old 2nd grade student in Mansfield, Texas. My family has been Dallas Cowboys fans since the team was started. I have a lot of Cowboy gear and I have met ‘Zeke, Taco, Jason Witten and two other players who play on other teams.

You have made my mom very mad because WE SUCK! Every game day she is yelling at the TV and turns off the game. We are wanting to believe in the boys but its hard. I hope “Coach Garrett” is clapping if this letter gets to you. See what happens when Dez X is gone?? The cheerleaders are better than the team this year. I do not want to hurt your feelings."

Thank you, Rylan https://www.yahoo.com/sports/fed-7-...ry-jones-recent-team-struggles-060310895.html

ViGgHuIB_o.gif

Sis, I hope you don’t believe this crap! It’s a letter manufactured by frustrated adult fans who used a little kid to get people’s attention!

AzorAhai

Reaction score
This irrationally irritates me. I absolutely loathe when parents use their children as a tool for personal gain and this is exactly what this is. This doesn’t even read like a letter he wanted to write and they helped with some of wording. It reads exactly like they told him to write exactly what they told him. As a parent of a soon to be 7 year old, it would not surprise me if this was a long, tedious process for the kid as well.

Kudos to the kid though. His penmanship is surprisingly well developed for a 7 year old. It looks better than mine if I’m being honest.

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score
Who the hell cares who wrote it? Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if it was from the kid. It's not all that advanced. Lol

Maybe Jerry needs to hear he sucks from a kid. He sure isn't listening to all the adults.

Cannibal_Cowboy

Reaction score
Parents who let their kids mail letters to adults that read "WE SUCK!"

Good parenting is a dinosaur these days.
So writing a letter saying " WE SUCK" to a married man who has pictures of himself drunk and fondling strippers is just such a horrible sin isn't it?

Last edited:

Cannibal_Cowboy

Reaction score
Whether he loves the Cowboys or not has nothing to do with my point. My problem is not with the 7 year old. My problem is with the parent thinking it is OK to teach your kid poor sportsmanship and to be disrespectful to adults. As Cowboys' fans we want to complain about Eagles' fans because of the way some of them act at games. I wonder who taught them to act that way and where they learned to act that way. I bet it started at a young age in front of the TV with their parents.

Anyway, I have my opinion and you have yours. We don't have to agree.
Using the term "adult" when describing Lizard-Face Jones is a farce. It's not like this great saint of a married man was ever caught drunk and fondling strippers or anything....:rolleyes:
https://encrypted-tbn0.***NOT-ALLOWED***/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQZQb8GPNFAIaZ5oMmfRdEacMopRGrF92zd83od7Ok_eZ_tKd6nKC7F2pIn

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Parents write the letter, kid signs it.

Not really a kid's letter.

But inventive at least...

camelboy

mgcowboy
Reaction score
As if Jerry gives a hoot about what fans say.

Keep spending your money and time on this joke

:cool:

camelboy

mgcowboy
Reaction score
No, but he gives a big hoot as to how much money they spend. The team lets down too much and the merchandise, etc. sales fall off he'll care...

Why did you remove my second line? Because it refutes your argument because you know as I do that fan will continue to spend money and go watch or tune in, run to Jerry for his signature and take photos with him

Jerry is not the problem. It's the fans who reward him for his bad record

:cool:

cern

Reaction score
I hope he shows more respect for his teachers. impudent little whelp