Adult Language 88 Irvin stated "Cowboys Already Making Off Season Plans"

mmohican29

Reaction score
should have traded Dak for a 3rd and 4th
Never should have been re-signed. Never. Now look @ the purgatory the franchise is in. It will win between 5 and 8 games this season if lucky. And we are stuck with Prescott for 4 years.

Lance should be elevated immediately to QB2. Another bust performance by Dak and I'd start Trey to @ least convey a message to the entire team that a big salary doesn't mean crap to a team worth+ $7B.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
That blabbermouth should direct his anger at Jerry, not the team! That's the problem. He won't do it though, because Jerry is his lifeline. So Irvin has become a troll just like many of you. Absolutely worthless drivel.
Lol… a HOF player that bled and cried for this franchise and is a fan favorite isn’t a “troll.”

You know who is a “troll”? A QB that signs the highest paid deal in franchise history and then continues to “troll” the fanbase and owners by swearing he is “gonna learn from this” “do better” and “look in the mirror”.

But he is off limits to fans like you who continue to prop him up. What could more worthless drivel than making excuse after excuse for a player who laughs all the way to the bank? Lol

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Lol… a HOF player that bled and cried for this franchise and is a fan favorite isn’t a “troll.”

You know who is a “troll”? A QB that signs the highest paid deal in franchise history and then continues to “troll” the fanbase and owners by swearing he is “gonna learn from this” “do better” and “look in the mirror”.

But he is off limits to fans like you who continue to prop him up. What could more worthless drivel than making excuse after excuse for a player who laughs all the way to the bank? Lol
If you truly believe this, why keep following and watching this team? Yet, here you are complaining as usual. Fans like you contribute to the problem.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
In other words, you wanted to tank this season and the next 2-3 as well. How is that fixing this team? It isn't.

Weren't you also all for the Trey Lance trade? How has that worked out?
They signaled this was a tank season. And a full rebuild could have been 2 years. As it stands, they ran it back with the same group with a worse RB, Online and DT class.

And I never mentioned trey lance...the issue is you don't trade for him to pressure Dak or flip for drafts capital by making him inactive. Another GM fail

Bing

Reaction score
should have traded Dak for a 3rd and 4th
Trading Dak was never an option. It was either let Dak walk at the end of this season or give him a record contract. And honestly I think JJ would to went with letting him walk if Trey Lance would had shown any ability to play QB in the NFL. But with Trey stinking up the place during pre season in JJ's mind his only option then was to give Dak the contract he wanted

Last edited:

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Trading Dak was never an option. It was either let Dak walk at the end of this season or give him a record contract. And honestly I think JJ would to went with letting him walk if Trey Lance would had shown any ability to play QB in the NFL. But with Trey stinking up the place during pre season in JJ's mind his only option then was to give Dak the contract he wanted
What the GM does, you can't exactly put any kind of logic behind it. If you are going to keep dak you got to handle the off season as win now, and you get D. Henry and keep away from Zeke to give Dak the Running game which is used as an excuse by so many around here as to why Dak isn't cutting it. Then you would've also drafted for now, instead of the future like the Cowboys did. Then Jerry gives Dak his payday, after having done moves for the opposite. There is another option as well, let Dak playout his contract, give him some motivation to win, and if he can't do it you move on. If Dak bombs out this season, was extending him worth it? People keep saying that you have to extend the quarterback and make him the highest payed player in the history of the NFL, that is just what you do. But then, the Eagles don't do this. Instead, if the player isn't worth it, they know when to walk away, minimize the hit it will take on the team, and come out better for it. The problem is: People here go under the assumption that it is only possible for Dak to be worth it to take the hit of paying him, that while it might hurt the team somewhat to move on it can't be possible in the long run the gamble will pay off.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
If you truly believe this, why keep following and watching this team? Yet, here you are complaining as usual. Fans like you contribute to the problem.
I have been following this team since the early 80’s. I will be a fan forever.

I love them and celebrate when they do well, and get frustrated when they play poorly and lose.

None of that “contributes to the problem” lol… and no, I won’t take your BFFs advice and “get off” the bandwagon.

I was on the bandwagon before Dak was even born lol… if he can’t take the criticism , then he shouldn’t have taken the bag.

But please relax. I don’t even primarily blame Dak. There is one man who has made himself bigger than the franchise and deserves the majority of the blame. I struggled and got angry when he treated Landry poorly. I shook my head in disbelief when his ego clash with Jimmy ended the dynasty prematurely. And now I am beyond cynical and jaded when it is clear he has run out of ideas and has no idea how to fix the mess he has made for the last 28 years.

But no. Even after all that, I remain a fan to the end. But damnitall if I won’t yell at the maniac at the wheel when he drives the damn train off the tracks lol

ConstantReboot

Reaction score
I think Irvin is on to something. This season is all but over and the players know it.

What is this "offseason" plan that Irvin is referring to? There is no such thing for a Cowboys offseason. They don't sign anyone worthy and will be relegated to spinning it with their " we are all in" lies.

Frankly, if they would have gotten some key pieces last year like Derrick Henry and a few run stuffers, I'd believe them. But the FO thinks we are a bunch of idiots.

GMO415

Reaction score
I am just 30 years old. However, the team right now is the worst era of Dallas Cowboy football I have witnessed.
The 1-15 and the 5-10 seasons were brutal. Not sure if we're there yet, but this is an average team.