A 49er player was called for a personal foul in an altercation with an Eagle security staff member

AbeBeta

Reaction score
The unsportsmanlike PF call for the initial tackle was the BS part of it all. They were still in-bounds when he hip tossed him out of bounds. That should not have been a penalty. But even though the coach sort of went at him and pushed him, he went hands at his face and that is deserving of a PF call IMO. I didn't think they were even going to do anything to the coach so I'm glad he got tossed too. He, the eagles and Greenlaw should all be getting fines for this one.
NFL needs to make sure they all know that's a big no no
Not. A. Coach. Please read the thread before chiming in.

J-man

Reaction score
Not. A. Coach. Please read the thread before chiming in.
WTH?
who the ***** cares if hes a coach or just some random igglets employee? does that matter? NO it doesn't change anything that I said
stop worrying about useless facts that do not pertain to anything of substance

triplets_93

Reaction score
If that Security Guard steps on to the playing field at JerryWorld, we should arrest ham and eject him!

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Not a fair exchange. A 400 lb security guard for a player. The 49ers should have been able to pick which Philthy player to have removed from the game. :lmao:

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
I agree with the ejection on Greenlaw. Violence in sports inherently comes with a hard boundary where that violence stops.

If you are a boxer or MMA fighter, you can hammer away on your opponent in the ring all day. But if you go after their trainers, that's going to get you a license suspension or criminal battery charges.

Even in football, there are limits on how and where you can hit players. Can't horse collar them, can't dive at their knees, etc. And if you hit a non-player like a referee or a medical trainer, like that idiot Quay Walker did, that's an ejection too. I don't see how a coach or staffer is different than a referee or medic. They are all unpadded and basically exist outside of the violence of the game.

But by the same turn, that staffer has to remain outside of the game as well. He has no business putting his hands on players, and he interferes with the game on the field by doing so. If Greenlaw hadn't put his hands in the security guy's face, I would have penalized Philly 15 yards for failure to control their sideline, and ejected that staffer. Then I'd talk with Goodell about whether a suspension from his job is warranted.

Einstein

Reaction score
Cowboys need to hire some “security coaches” to get in the middle of stuff and provoke our opponents.

I mean, the player gets ejected and the players team gets an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.

The coaching staff gets … dude has to go crack a beer open and watch the game from the locker room?

Sounds reasonable
I thought the same thing-ish... what's to stop teams from just having sideline people provoking players into getting ejected every time they get the chance?

Einstein

Reaction score
I agree with the ejection on Greenlaw. Violence in sports inherently comes with a hard boundary where that violence stops.

If you are a boxer or MMA fighter, you can hammer away on your opponent in the ring all day. But if you go after their trainers, that's going to get you a license suspension or criminal battery charges.

Even in football, there are limits on how and where you can hit players. Can't horse collar them, can't dive at their knees, etc. And if you hit a non-player like a referee or a medical trainer, like that idiot Quay Walker did, that's an ejection too. I don't see how a coach or staffer is different than a referee or medic. They are all unpadded and basically exist outside of the violence of the game.

But by the same turn, that staffer has to remain outside of the game as well. He has no business putting his hands on players, and he interferes with the game on the field by doing so. If Greenlaw hadn't put his hands in the security guy's face, I would have penalized Philly 15 yards for failure to control their sideline, and ejected that staffer. Then I'd talk with Goodell about whether a suspension from his job is warranted.
Agreed on the player ejection, but man is it s fine line... I know in soccer if a fan runs on the field and a player on the field hits them, the player can be red carded.

Praxit

Reaction score
..that was hilarious while watching the game. I was laughing.

I was saying Greenlaw in back of cop car fighting the K9

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
How is this possible? The league needs to come hard on the Eagles. No way in hell a staff member should be involved with any one-field activities.

It wasn’t much, but he struck him in the face.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
The unsportsmanlike PF call for the initial tackle was the BS part of it all. They were still in-bounds when he hip tossed him out of bounds. That should not have been a penalty. But even though the coach sort of went at him and pushed him, he went hands at his face and that is deserving of a PF call IMO. I didn't think they were even going to do anything to the coach so I'm glad he got tossed too. He, the eagles and Greenlaw should all be getting fines for this one.
NFL needs to make sure they all know that's a big no no
he isnt a coach is non football personel..he should be banned from the sidelines perma

catiii

Reaction score
How is this possible? The league needs to come hard on the Eagles. No way in hell a staff member should be involved with any one-field activities.

SFO CAN GET STUFFED. HE DESERVED TO BE EJECTED!!!!!!!!
SECURITY DOOD DIDN'T DO ANYTHING.

bottleKids

Reaction score
Dude could give our Coach a run for his money on the buffet and fat jokes.

OIF.4SayJKMyXVhmtEVpCPP7BA

So appropriate that it was an Eagle staff member to be the first one to do something like this. :laugh:
I wonder if we can convince him to come play swing tackle for us :muttley: :muttley:

JustChip

Reaction score
The only thing I’ll say is we don’t know what was said. What both said may have led the officials to feel ejection of both was needed to preclude anything further. Something like “better keep your fat *** away from the sideline ‘cause I’ll roll it if I have a chance.”