A Case of the Jones's

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not a fan of this last week. Tired of the circus, and just want a team and organization that gets down to business in a professional manner.
The only thing that matters is winning. That’s why when you haven’t won anything in 20+ years the owner/GM should talk less and let the results do the talking.

When the Cowboys won their SBs in the 90s Jerry Jones didn’t hold press conferences in the locker room after every game and didn’t start off Training camp with a “State of the Cowboys Union” sales job like he has the last decade or more. It’s why when Jerry and Stephen talk nowadays I just stop listening or turn the channel. I’m sick of the sales job. The FO is doing some good things with this roster. I’m hopeful.

I want this team to win as much as anyone. So I don’t need Jerry telling me anything to make me love the Cowboys more or especially to make me believe they are going to win. At this point in the ongoing futility of the “Jerry era”, it would be nice to see the Jones Cartel talk less and hopefully let their team’s winning results speak for themselves.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Jerry Jone$ Is the best promoter of this era.

All of the contributions Jerry was inducted into the HOF placed the Cowboys and the NFL in position where success on the field is no longer necessary to generate revenue.

One of the most brilliant con jobs of the modern sports era.

rags747

Reaction score
Love Jerry and Stephen both, two men blessed by God with good old common sense. Imagine two owners actually making business decisions based on how they wish to run their company, Oh the Horror and Terror of it all!

ESisback

Reaction score
The only thing that matters is winning. That’s why when you haven’t won anything in 20+ years the owner/GM should talk less and let the results do the talking.

When the Cowboys won their SBs in the 90s Jerry Jones didn’t hold press conferences in the locker room after every game and didn’t start off Training camp with a “State of the Cowboys Union” sales job like he has the last decade or more. It’s why when Jerry and Stephen talk nowadays I just stop listening or turn the channel. I’m sick of the sales job. The FO is doing some good things with this roster. I’m hopeful.

I want this team to win as much as anyone. So I don’t need Jerry telling me anything to make me love the Cowboys more or especially to make me believe they are going to win. At this point in the ongoing futility of the “Jerry era”, it would be nice to see the Jones Cartel talk less and hopefully let their team’s winning results speak for themselves.

When it was 100% Jerry, a faction hollered for Stephen. Now that it’s more Stephen, some are saying they want Charlotte. If she takes over, they’ll cry for someone else. The grass is always greener, and people will always complain.

I’m with you, Hazey! I HATE HATE HATE the post game pressers with Booger, the constant drama and controversy, the massive amounts of negativity and overreaction, and the ENDLESS overanalyzation, but sadly, a lot of it is today’s environment of manufactured drama and instant media.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
So everyone in years past would complain about Jeruhh and wanted Stephen to take over. After the unnecessary anthem stuff by Jerry, Im starting to think the light we thought was at the end of the tunnel with Stephen isnt really a light at all! Im not a fan of what I'm seeing.
23 years?
You catch on quick D, don't you?
Quick, what is the capital of Nova Scotia?

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
When it was 100% Jerry, a faction hollered for Stephen. Now that it’s more Stephen, some are saying they want Charlotte. If she takes over, they’ll cry for someone else. The grass is always greener, and people will always complain.

I’m with you, Hazey! I HATE HATE HATE the post game pressers with Booger, the constant drama and controversy, the massive amounts of negativity and overreaction, and the ENDLESS overanalyzation, but sadly, a lot of it is today’s environment of manufactured drama and instant media.
So ... the media is the message?

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Not a fan of this last week. Tired of the circus, and just want a team and organization that gets down to business in a professional manner.
Then your only hope is that the family jet will go down with all hands on board. Down to the grandchild level.

The entire family embraces the circus atmosphere and the family business is run this way consistently all the way around. Winning football games is secondary to brand promotion and profit.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
G8SCHug.jpg

On that day, he was sporting the Mark Davis cut cupolu.

mrmojo

Reaction score
Harvard Business School need to do a case study on the Jones empire. How to profit greatly on Branding with a mediocre product.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I’ve always found it ironic that in the new Cowboys facilities at the Star in Frisco, a giant Jerry Jones quote is plastered on the wall in giant letters- it’s his famous quote the night he bought the team in 1989: “WE MUST WIN, WE WILL WIN; WINNING IS THE NAME OF THE GAME.”

If only he believed his quote. Because if he really believed “we must win, we will win”, he would have made some changes that he refuses to do. Like stop interfering in coaches meetings and holding press conferences in the locker room with your head coach and players in the room. Like contradicting his HC about players performance or discipline. The list goes on.

I don’t dislike the Jones family. I honestly believe Jerry, Stephen and the whole family are really nice people committed to their family and the Cowboys. But the stubbornness Jerry clings to to do things his way, even if it means what we have for the last 22 seasons. It’s extremely frustrating.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Love Jerry and Stephen both, two men blessed by God with good old common sense. Imagine two owners actually making business decisions based on how they wish to run their company, Oh the Horror and Terror of it all!
:hammer::hammer::hammer:Exactly right!

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I love Jerry and Stephen Jones. And I like the recent statements by Dak and Zeke which are in line with what Jerry said about the Cowboys standing, toes on the line. Zeke said it was a team decision to do so. So no, they are not being forced and Jerry is not a "bully" contrary to what some idiot iggle(Malcolm Jenkins) may have said. God bless America and America's Team. :flagwave: