A Case of the Jones's

rags747

Reaction score
I love Jerry and Stephen Jones. And I like the recent statements by Dak and Zeke which are in line with what Jerry said about the Cowboys standing, toes on the line. Zeke said it was a team decision to do so. So no, they are not being forced and Jerry is not a "bully" contrary to what some idiot iggle(Malcolm Jenkins) may have said. God bless America and America's Team. :flagwave:
Is Malcolm playing football these days, Maybe the Eagles are paying him additionally for services non football related. Gotta love Dak's attitude this week, I'm not convinced that he is a great QB, but I have always been convinced that he is a great young man and a great representative of the Dallas Cowboys Football Team. His mom did a wonderful job and it shows!! Bravo Dak!!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I’ve always found it ironic that in the new Cowboys facilities at the Star in Frisco, a giant Jerry Jones quote is plastered on the wall in giant letters- it’s his famous quote the night he bought the team in 1989: “WE MUST WIN, WE WILL WIN; WINNING IS THE NAME OF THE GAME.”

If only he believed his quote. Because if he really believed “we must win, we will win”, he would have made some changes that he refuses to do. Like stop interfering in coaches meetings and holding press conferences in the locker room with your head coach and players in the room. Like contradicting his HC about players performance or discipline. The list goes on.

I don’t dislike the Jones family. I honestly believe Jerry, Stephen and the whole family are really nice people committed to their family and the Cowboys. But the stubbornness Jerry clings to to do things his way, even if it means what we have for the last 22 seasons. It’s extremely frustrating.
The fans certainly have a funny even hypocritical way of showing their frustrating dissatisfied feelings of Jerry with the #1 Revenue providing the Jone$ a seal of approval to continue their ways.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The only thing that matters is winning. That’s why when you haven’t won anything in 20+ years the owner/GM should talk less and let the results do the talking.

When the Cowboys won their SBs in the 90s Jerry Jones didn’t hold press conferences in the locker room after every game and didn’t start off Training camp with a “State of the Cowboys Union” sales job like he has the last decade or more. It’s why when Jerry and Stephen talk nowadays I just stop listening or turn the channel. I’m sick of the sales job. The FO is doing some good things with this roster. I’m hopeful.

I want this team to win as much as anyone. So I don’t need Jerry telling me anything to make me love the Cowboys more or especially to make me believe they are going to win. At this point in the ongoing futility of the “Jerry era”, it would be nice to see the Jones Cartel talk less and hopefully let their team’s winning results speak for themselves.
Unfortunately Bob, Jerry and the Jone$ family are living proof that winning is not all that matters. At least not in recent years.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I love Jerry and Stephen Jones. And I like the recent statements by Dak and Zeke which are in line with what Jerry said about the Cowboys standing, toes on the line. Zeke said it was a team decision to do so. So no, they are not being forced and Jerry is not a "bully" contrary to what some idiot iggle(Malcolm Jenkins) may have said. God bless America and America's Team. :flagwave:

Daks decision defintely places him in a brighter light with Jerry than possibly challenging Jerry’s Policy to cut his Star QB if he refused to cooperate. Appears to be a little huggin hiney to help secure that new contract.

This could place a target on Daks back aligning more with Jerry’s rhetoric than some of his fellow players around the league. You think some of them might want to take a little harder shot on him? Just saying..

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Amen, bro!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Jerry is bullying with his decision and he has a right to do so protecting his investment.

Jerry is making this decision solely out of his concern it could directly effect the revenue which Again is and will always be Jerry’s top priority.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Jerry’s priorities continue to be very obvious.

Last edited:

rags747

Reaction score
Daks decision defintely places him in a brighter light with Jerry than possibly challenging Jerry’s Policy to cut his Star QB if he refused to cooperate. Appears to be a little huggin hiney to help secure that new contract.

This could place a target on Daks back aligning more with Jerry’s rhetoric than some of his fellow players around the league. You think some of them might want to take a little harder shot on him? Just saying..
Not buying this theory at all, that is not who Dak is but yes it does not hurt future contract talks at all. Is that not the goal of all workers To impress the Boss to attain that Golden Carrot ASAP?

Revenue must be protected and grown at all costs.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Not buying this theory at all, that is not who Dak is but yes it does not hurt future contract talks at all. Is that not the goal of all workers To impress the Boss to attain that Golden Carrot ASAP?

Revenue must be protected and grown at all costs.
I’ll be curious to see what some of his fellow brothers across the league will say about aligning with his Boss .

Obviously Jerry’s position is not aligned with the NFL who aren’t taking the same “ toes to the line” approach.

Jerry is more concerned about his revenue than the NFL is.

rags747

Reaction score
I’ll be curious to see what some of his fellow brothers across the league will say about aligning with his Boss .

Obviously Jerry’s position is not aligned with the NFL who aren’t taking the same “ toes to the line” approach.

Jerry is more concerned about his revenue than the NFL is.
And that in a nutshell is what makes Jerry so great. Seems to me that he is one of the few to call it as he sees it. Should he just collapse and allow his huge investment to be attacked? F Dak's fellow brothers...Not a one of them is putting any food in Dak's family's mouth.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score

They already want to sack him. I don't think wanting to sack him more really matters. I don't see this a polarizing issue in the field of play, in the first place.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
And that in a nutshell is what makes Jerry so great. Seems to me that he is one of the few to call it as he sees it. Should he just collapse and allow his huge investment to be attacked? F Dak's fellow brothers...Not a one of them is putting any food in Dak's family's mouth.
In the Dallas and Texas area Jerry is probably ok with his “ toes to the line” stance. At least as long as the players fall in line. Would be interesting to see a big name challenge it though. Would Jerry cut a Dak or Zeke?

But I’d suggest Jerry should not put any more pressure on his players than the rest of the league has mandated. Jerry’s decision could lead to a legal battle if the players union or league decides it goes above and beyond.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
They already want to sack him. I don't think wanting to sack him more really matters. I don't see this a polarizing issue in the field of play, in the first place.
I wasn’t referring to just sacking him. I was suggesting they might deliver a more vicious hit.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
Is that just your opinion or is there some factual proof?

Didn't the Cowboys make some trades during the draft? I think so.
Yeah they did, but after the owners were annoyed with Jerry for wanting to sue the leauge you dont think thats possible? Who did we trade with? The raiders, a team that has always had a good relationship with the Jones. You think we could have gotten the trades done the eagles did a few years back for almost nothing?

kskboys

Reaction score
When it was 100% Jerry, a faction hollered for Stephen. Now that it’s more Stephen, some are saying they want Charlotte. If she takes over, they’ll cry for someone else. The grass is always greener, and people will always complain.

I’m with you, Hazey! I HATE HATE HATE the post game pressers with Booger, the constant drama and controversy, the massive amounts of negativity and overreaction, and the ENDLESS overanalyzation, but sadly, a lot of it is today’s environment of manufactured drama and instant media.
Hire an actual NFL quality GM, and maybe I'll stop complaining!!!!

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I wasn’t referring to just sacking him. I was suggesting they might deliver a more vicious hit.
More vicious hit? LOL You've watched too many sports movies. They are already motivated to get to Dak and put the most vicious hit they can on him. They aren't going to be any more vicious because Dak toes the line.

kskboys

Reaction score
More vicious hit? LOL You've watched too many sports movies. They are already motivated to get to Dak and put the most vicious hit they can on him. They aren't going to be any more vicious because Dak toes the line.
Unless he runs up the score like Brady did in 07. Those dudes beat him up badly and knocked him out of the 08 season. Never PO huge quick strong dudes w/ a license to beat you!!!!

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Unless he runs up the score like Brady did in 07. Those dudes beat him up badly and knocked him out of the 08 season. Never PO huge quick strong dudes w/ a license to beat you!!!!
That's not what happen then either. Him getting hurt was just a coincidental fluke.