A change has come

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Or, they think that if the fan base would like, work out and stuff, get in shape, that would translate to super bowls.

It's the fans keeping the Boys down!

We who don't view this team with rose colored glasses and who don't see everything as all sunshine and rainbows should just keep our traps shut I guess.

969e13b8919fba3e0ce91a50babffb6c.jpg

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I see where the media are speculating about what punishment Claiborne will get. I have a feeling it will be handled behind closed doors and we never know what his punishment is. That won't sit well with some who want players they don't liek punished, and publicly. I am fine with it, because it builds respect within the team.

Now, I could certainly be wrong and we may hear about his punishment.
Not at all surprised I was right and he kept it behind team doors. The guy is a good man who has the respect of the team because of how he handles things. It will matter a lot soon.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Not at all surprised I was right and he kept it behind team doors. The guy is a good man who has the respect of the team because of how he handles things. It will matter a lot soon.

Like Coach Pop says- in my opinion the best Coach in sports today:
"It's family business."

Zordon

Reaction score
Chip Kelly comes in and has his Eagles team in the play-offs in year 1, and yet we need to wait 4 years before Garrett makes the play-offs? Garrett has shown he can beat the bad teams. I need to see him show he can regularly compete against the quality teams in the league. What we saw against San Francisco has been par course. The Saints game will be a measuring stick on whether or not this team is really headed in the right direction.

It's early but this is definitely a crossroads game for this season.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
The talk should have been shameful. Not sure why someone would not expect it to be.

We gave the Rams 14 points on two turnovers that mirrored the types of turnovers we had just a couple games prior to that one.

In order to move forward you have to show a record that indicates your are moving forward and not backwards or in the same trench.

Until this team can prove it can progress past 8-8 or making same mistakes we have seen time and time again, people are not going to give them the benefit of the doubt in most cases.

I agree. But it's one thing to be skeptical, frustrated and tired versus totally boring with negativism. Not that you are that way just to add to your comments.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
If you have a losing season of 5 years without some type of success, and fans start seriously complaining, then I might agree slightly with you. If you lose for THE LIFE OF A FULL GROWN ADULT, and you don't complain, then you like losing. I'm not a loser, and I don't like losing. Sometimes I wish we would tank so that we could get a top QB in the draft. That's cheering for the future and not now. What we have now is an aging QB with back problems who's yet to face decent competition except for the 9ers defense and I don't have to remind you of what happened.

Our defense has also being playing against some terrible QB's. You show me 4 to 6 wins in a row to good and bad teams, then I'll get on board. Until then, you can enjoy your delusional "good fan" theme, like you guys post every year around this time, only to look foolish in the end. I imagine the good fans have looked foolish for 18 years and counting.

Cebrin

Reaction score
Welcome to 2014, Romo is no longer better than Orton, we haven't played a decent QB for the last 2 weeks. For what it's worth, Romo would not have won the last game against the eagles, he was done weeks before, he's worse now.

Ya know, had you said this week 1 or even week 2 I'd have been on board with you. Romo played great football against an underrated Rams team.

RS12

Reaction score
I consider Super Fans calling out other fans to be the worst form of trolling.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
If you have a losing season of 5 years without some type of success, and fans start seriously complaining, then I might agree slightly with you. If you lose for THE LIFE OF A FULL GROWN ADULT, and you don't complain, then you like losing. I'm not a loser, and I don't like losing. Sometimes I wish we would tank so that we could get a top QB in the draft. That's cheering for the future and not now. What we have now is an aging QB with back problems who's yet to face decent competition except for the 9ers defense and I don't have to remind you of what happened.

Our defense has also being playing against some terrible QB's. You show me 4 to 6 wins in a row to good and bad teams, then I'll get on board. Until then, you can enjoy your delusional "good fan" theme, like you guys post every year around this time, only to look foolish in the end. I imagine the good fans have looked foolish for 18 years and counting.

Complain away. Don't blame you. For a little. Who is you guys? Why is this you vs them? The enemy is out there.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Everybody complains. At one time or another, every fan has complained about Jerry Jones, Jason Garrett, Rowdy... you name it. However, not everyone complains in public exclusively and incessantly.

Some people vent and move on. Other people vent and influence global warming. It's life in a nutshell.

Taurus

Reaction score

Very good post and thusly we see the root of the problem in Dallas. The sheep continue filling the stadium and buying the swag, every year is "our year" and every year, we see this "I feel a change" stuff like we're Obi-Wan Kenobi feeling a shift in the force or something.

This is why there's no change or improvement, Jerruh has no reason to do so as long as the cash continues to mindlessly roll in.

This type of fandom is Cleveland Browns fans, it never used to be us too.

At some point people just need to engage intellectual honesty and become more objective, instead of being cheerleaders and criticizing those who are objective fans who die a little each day we see this .500 ball stuff. Been going on nearly 20 years now. Get the clue! This has been Cleveland Browns South, not Dallas Cowboys!

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is why there's no change or improvement, Jerruh has no reason to do so as long as the cash continues to mindlessly roll in.
What proposal(s) would you suggest, which would stop the cash from "mindlessly rolling in," and prompt (not maybe or possibly but will command) Jerry Jones into taking action counter to his past decision-making concerning the franchise?

Taurus

Reaction score
What proposal(s) would you suggest, which would stop the cash from "mindlessly rolling in," and prompt (not maybe or possibly but will command) Jerry Jones into taking action counter to his past decision-making concerning the franchise?
Who wants to counter PAST decision making? CURRENT and FUTURE decision making is what's at issue. "Past" decision making, that's a strawman.

The answer to your first question is obvious - When we start seeing massive empty seats in the venue, and see big drops in swag sales, what do you think he is going to do?

Stop buying the product.

khiladi

Reaction score
The reason this team feels somewhat different is because Jason Garrett has been removed farther from the equation and is no longer allowed to play that much with Jerry's toy. Too bad it took this long, cause now we have 8 years of wastage of Tony Romo's career.

Taurus

Reaction score
The reason this team feels somewhat different is because Jason Garrett has been removed farther from the equation and is no longer allowed to play that much with Jerry's toy. Too bad it took this long, cause now we have 8 years of wastage of Tony Romo's career.
Umm, no. If there is any "change" it isn't due to a change in philosophy or in reigning Carrot Top in. It's because now we have a damaged quarterback. One who cannot do what he used to could do and whose health is in question, every snap.

Therefore he is a bus driver now, which should have been his role from Day One. Might even be able to win that way.

So no, there's no "change" in Dallas, other than Tony's back.

khiladi

Reaction score
Umm, no. If there is any "change" it isn't due to a change in philosophy or in reigning Carrot Top in. It's because now we have a damaged quarterback. One who cannot do what he used to could do and whose health is in question, every snap.

Therefore he is a bus driver now, which should have been his role from Day One. Might even be able to win that way.

So no, there's no "change" in Dallas, other than Tony's back.

Oh really, is that why with Garrett in control we were last in the league in play-action and run it accordingly and even throw in boot-legs which were un-heard of with Garrett at the helm, despite Romo having a 'bad back'... That 60 yard to pass to Dez, was it because of reigning Tony in or because of play-action?

Taurus

Reaction score
Oh really, is that why with Garrett in control we were last in the league in play-action and run it accordingly and even throw in boot-legs which were un-heard of with Garrett at the helm, despite Romo having a 'bad back'... That 60 yard to pass to Dez, was it because of reigning Tony in or because of play-action?
You don't think Tony has a bad back?

That's the only "change" in Dallas. And as soon as they think Tony is back to normal, they'll go back to the same video game pass happy stuff.

Linehan might be having some influence. But most of what we're seeing re: committing to the run is because, we have to. Carrot Top hates it I am sure.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who wants to counter PAST decision making? CURRENT and FUTURE decision making is what's at issue. "Past" decision making, that's a strawman.
No strawman was intended or stated. Counter, as in the adjective definition of "opposite." Or, to use your phrase "current and future decision-making," would be opposite his past decision-making.
The answer to your first question is obvious - When we start seeing massive empty seats in the venue, and see big drops in swag sales, what do you think he is going to do?

Stop buying the product.
Okay. I will rephrase my original question by including the parameter you are now making:

What proposal(s) would you suggest, which would create (not possibly or hypothetically but manifest) massive empty seats within Cowboys Stadium throughout the course of a season or seasons?

Edit: added descriptor - "throughout"

Last edited:

khiladi

Reaction score
You don't think Tony has a bad back?

That's the only "change" in Dallas. And as soon as they think Tony is back to normal, they'll go back to the same video game pass happy stuff.

Linehan might be having some influence. But most of what we're seeing re: committing to the run is because, we have to. Carrot Top hates it I am sure.

Misunderstanding on my part... My point is simply, we are also, philosophically different, in Linehan's offense. Our passing is way different than it was durikng the Garrett tenure. We run plenty more play-action and our packages are much different.