CFZ A Dose of Reality

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Andy Reid??? the guy that coached for 750 years and never won a title until Mahomes got him one? Reid, the guy that did just like billy Boy and as soon as McNab went away Reid sucked and got fired? Reid the guy that was with the Chiefs and was irrelevant until Mahomes took over? Mahomes who everyon was saying... "Lets ee how he does when Tyreke is gone<" and Mahomes is either 1st or 2nd in MVP this year? Mahomes, the guy that has taken the Chiefs to 4 straight AFC title games and 2 SB appearances in 4 years as a starter?

Coaches are all the same. Hey, Tomlin and Billy Boy are GREAT, right? Both coach 2 crappy teams right now.

IF the goal is a Super Bowl, I think it’s in the middle now with the cap price you pay for a QB now.

The guys on your list - Burrows, Mahomes, Allen - for sure worth it. Young up and comers trying to make that list - Hurts, Lawrence, Herbert. Brady off the list now, we all get old. Rodgers looks like he might be on his way off too, but seen that guy kill us too many times to write him off yet.

But at $40-$50 million a year the going rate with $200 million guaranteed for decent play, IMO, QB has out-priced its worth. Choose, but choose wisely. It’s a team game, and other positions are starting to get giant contracts too. I would really hate to be stuck right now with guys like Russell Wilson or Kyler Murray. You’re stuck with those contracts and their own teammates don’t even like them!

cityochamps

What Just Happened Here
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You can say a lot of things about Prescott, but one thing that is hard to ignore is his record against NFC East teams.

In his career, Prescott is 27-6 against the NFC East during the regular season including being 18-1 in his last 19 games against them.

Unfortunately, that means little in the playoffs because the Cowboys keep finding ways to disappoint everyone when the playoffs start.

The fact that his record has been that impressive against NFC East teams combined with hardly any playoff success is why some fans are not fans of Prescott.

I know it feels good feeling some sort of vindication against the Dak haters when the Cowboys and Prescott win games like the one today, but it is what we have come to expect during the regular season.

I want badly for the Cowboys to win a Super Bowl and it would be great to see Dak Prescott lead the team to winning one, but until he and the Cowboys break the the pattern of post-season failures nothing has changed.

Like most Cowboys fans, the negativity wears on me like it wears on everyone else, but so does the frustration of the same failures occurring year after year.

Maybe this year will be THE year or maybe it will be yet another great regular season that ends quickly in the post-season like we have endured for 27 years with a variety of quarterbacks including Romo and Prescott.

Dak is a great guy and the kind of guy you want to be your quarterback and lead your team.

What he is not yet is a real "winner". Winners win championships, not divisions or wildcards as those just the things that get you into the real games.

I would love for Prescott and the Cowboys to win a Super Bowl this season, but until that happens some fans are not going to be happy and it's hard to blame them .. especially when I am one of them.

Great post, I thought it summed the feeling up nicely for allot of us!

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
You can say a lot of things about Prescott, but one thing that is hard to ignore is his record against NFC East teams.

In his career, Prescott is 27-6 against the NFC East during the regular season including being 18-1 in his last 19 games against them.

Unfortunately, that means little in the playoffs because the Cowboys keep finding ways to disappoint everyone when the playoffs start.

The fact that his record has been that impressive against NFC East teams combined with hardly any playoff success is why some fans are not fans of Prescott.

I know it feels good feeling some sort of vindication against the Dak haters when the Cowboys and Prescott win games like the one today, but it is what we have come to expect during the regular season.

I want badly for the Cowboys to win a Super Bowl and it would be great to see Dak Prescott lead the team to winning one, but until he and the Cowboys break the the pattern of post-season failures nothing has changed.

Like most Cowboys fans, the negativity wears on me like it wears on everyone else, but so does the frustration of the same failures occurring year after year.

Maybe this year will be THE year or maybe it will be yet another great regular season that ends quickly in the post-season like we have endured for 27 years with a variety of quarterbacks including Romo and Prescott.

Dak is a great guy and the kind of guy you want to be your quarterback and lead your team.

What he is not yet is a real "winner". Winners win championships, not divisions or wildcards as those just the things that get you into the real games.

I would love for Prescott and the Cowboys to win a Super Bowl this season, but until that happens some fans are not going to be happy and it's hard to blame them .. especially when I am one of them.

You mean the three times the defense failed this team in the playoffs. How many 200 rushing yards is this defense going to have to give up before you start covering the real issues causing the post-season failure?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

Another crap on Dak and crap on the Cowboys thread. Our fans seem to always dwell on the negative. I get that they haven’t won a Super Bowl in over 20 years. But that’s no reason to just give up. It doesn’t mean they can’t win again. Why let it turn you into a negative disgruntled fan? Grow a pair and don’t give up. THATS reality.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
Sorry I cannot agree with this. There are many great players who never won a championship because they landed on the wrong team. This aint basketball. One guy can only do so much.. A QB is standing on the sidelines for 2/3 of the game so this insistence on putting it all on him is misguided at best. I know it's easy to say "___ QB has ___ record" but it is ALWAYS about the team.. Always has been.. always will be. Yes the QB is in position to influence the game the most of any single player.. But again.. he's standing on the sidelines for 2/3 of the game and there are 47 other players suited up for the game. We really need to move away from that whole QB record thing. I know it will never happen.. but it needs to.
Sorry Ronnie, but you're wrong. One guy can put this whole organization on his shoulders and carry this team to a SB victory, but to make this happen this one guy Dakota Prescot, needs to dig DEEP down and alleviate some of the bone headed plays that seem to rear they're ugly head every game he plays in. After that pick 6 Prescot was on fire, but when we needed him the most to put the game out of reach he takes a BAD 10 yd sack which result in a field goal and not the TD that would have been the dagger in the heart of the Eagles. There were a couple of more plays that had you wondering what he was seeing, but everything turned out okay. Yes, this organization needs Prescot to take his game to the next level and above to get him and his mates to a SB victory!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Didn't say I wouldn't consider it, just that I'd still go with White. I think the level of competition was higher when White was playing. He had a tough job following up Staubach, plus led the team to three straight NFC Championship games.
The level of competition was higher? Danny didn’t face a team like the 5 time NFL Champs the 60’s Packers were.

Sure Danny had a tough job , He inherited a SB caliber team . Meredith was part of building one. I can only imagine you didn’t witness the Meredith era to make such an opinion.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Another crap on Dak and crap on the Cowboys thread. Our fans seem to always dwell on the negative. I get that they haven’t won a Super Bowl in over 20 years. But that’s no reason to just give up. It doesn’t mean they can’t win again. Why let it turn you into a negative disgruntled fan? Grow a pair and don’t give up. THATS reality.
That’s a poor take of Reality’s post. That was not a negative narrative. Actually it was a very realistic attitude supporting Prescotts achievements while setting his personal parameters on what would ultimately make him happy.

He certainly didn’t come off as giving up. Fans can provide critical thinking without giving up hope. And I think most fans from all aspects are more likely to rally around such a realistic attitude or approach than the extremes on both sides of the Haters and Homers.

Last edited:

blueblood70

Reaction score

you will lose most fans who view payoff success or failures as team efforts that really far too long lay blame to one player vs a team.

sorry, i have not yet seen Dak by himself lose us a payoff game. last year 14penaites all but done us in , add in the run game was nonexistent, Defense gave up like 4 straight scores to start game and struggles to stop the run game at time we lost by 6.. same with the rams' game in 18 lost of issues with defense 250 yard rushing etc no run support on offense etc etc etc lost by 8, 2016 dak and the offense played great D sucked once again, add in coaching play calling schemes and Gameplans etc

id hardly lay any playoff failures on dak. hes hasnt been elite nor was he able to overcome team deficiencies but most qbs can not.

right on Q out ds back to giving up 30PPG , the OL isn't pass blocking well, and now its all on Dak again..right.. give that a break,.

TEAM Game!

blueblood70

Reaction score
100%. And same for Romo.

Again, 100%

Really? How many Hall-of-Famers played alongside Romo, compared to what Roger and Troy had? Has a "Doomsday Defenses" ever been paired with Dak?
agreed

blueblood70

Reaction score
Sorry I cannot agree with this. There are many great players who never won a championship because they landed on the wrong team. This aint basketball. One guy can only do so much.. A QB is standing on the sidelines for 2/3 of the game so this insistence on putting it all on him is misguided at best. I know it's easy to say "___ QB has ___ record" but it is ALWAYS about the team.. Always has been.. always will be. Yes the QB is in position to influence the game the most of any single player.. But again.. he's standing on the sidelines for 2/3 of the game and there are 47 other players suited up for the game. We really need to move away from that whole QB record thing. I know it will never happen.. but it needs to.
:hammer:

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's funny how you say people give up or are not fans, yet we are all still here posting about the team and still watching the games.

Everyone on this site that shows up week after week, month after month, year after year, etc. to support and complain are Cowboys fans.

We just do not live through rose-colored glasses like you do. We love the Cowboys, but we see the flaws and after 27 years I think it's realistic to expect fans are not happy.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
:hammer:

Not much more to say. Win the Tourney games. We've seen everything else.
So if the Eagles lose... is the season a bust? How about the Niners? Traded away all those picks for McCafrey and have the best defense in the league... does their GM suck if they lose? How bout the Bills... another blown season if they cant make the SB? Is Allen a loser if he fails, yet again?

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score
That’s a poor take of Reality’s post. That was not a negative narrative. Actually it was a very realistic attitude supporting Prescotts achievements while setting his personal parameters on what would ultimately make him happy.

He certainly didn’t come off as giving up. Fans can provide critical thinking without giving up hope. And I think most fans from all aspects are more likely to rally around such a realistic attitude or approach than the extremes on both sides of the Haters and Homers.

Defense chokes in the play-offs.

blueblood70

Reaction score
It's funny how you say people give up or are not fans, yet we are all still here posting about the team and still watching the games.

Everyone on this site that shows up week after week, month after month, year after year, etc. to support and complain are Cowboys fans.

We just do not live through rose-colored glasses like you do. We love the Cowboys, but we see the flaws and after 27 years I think it's realistic to expect fans are not happy.
however, blaming Dak for Team issues in the playoffs is just a blind view to the real issues weve had as a TEAM. cant be asking one payer to overcome those train wrecks by the OL, run game, and defense, Plus coaching.

Dak_Attack_09

Reaction score

The defense always underperforms in the play-offs.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

Rose colored glasses? The Reality is that some of us live with a positive mindset and some live with a negative mindset. I know which one is better.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
you will lose most fans who view payoff success or failures as team efforts that really far too long lay blame to one player vs a team.

sorry, i have not yet seen Dak by himself lose us a payoff game. last year 14penaites all but done us in , add in the run game was nonexistent, Defense gave up like 4 straight scores to start game and struggles to stop the run game at time we lost by 6.. same with the rams' game in 18 lost of issues with defense 250 yard rushing etc no run support on offense etc etc etc lost by 8, 2016 dak and the offense played great D sucked once again, add in coaching play calling schemes and Gameplans etc

id hardly lay any playoff failures on dak. hes hasnt been elite nor was he able to overcome team deficiencies but most qbs can not.

right on Q out ds back to giving up 30PPG , the OL isn't pass blocking well, and now its all on Dak again..right.. give that a break,.

TEAM Game!
Oh I completely agree that one of the main causes of post-season failures has been with the defenses. It was the same with Romo-led teams.

In the end though, great quarterbacks find ways to compensate for weaknesses in other areas of the team.

Dany White was a good quarterback. Tony Romo was a good quarterback. Dak Prescott is a good quarterback.

A good quarterback can win in the post-season with a great team, but a great quarterback can win without one.

I think Prescott has the potential to be a great quarterback in the post-season as he has shown glimpses of it in the regular season several times, but until he does, he's just a good quarterback with no real post-season success and NFL history is full of those types of quarterbacks.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rose colored glasses? The Reality is that some of us live with a positive mindset and some live with a negative mindset. I know which one is better.
I am positive, but I am also realistic, and after 27 years of failure year after year after year, the fact some Cowboys fans are still fans is really a positive in of itself.

Fritsch_the_cat

Reaction score
Danny didn’t face a team like the 5 time NFL Champs the 60’s Packers were.
The 49ers were pretty tough. Commanders had the Hogs.

I can only imagine you didn’t witness the Meredith era to make such an opinion.

I can only imagine you'd be wrong. Sometimes people just have different opinions than you. Anyway, it's a personal preference. You like Meredith, I like White.

ArtClink

Reaction score

And for the score of Romosapiens, St Romo never did anywhere as well as Dak vs NFC east. Queue the irrational Romo fans who sing his praises and judge Dak on a completely different scale.