CFZ A Dose of Reality

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak's play was directly responsible for the 49er playoff loss.
Biadase saved Daks buns today.
Th e eagles and other teams will play us differently in the playoffs they will take away the short stuff and Dak will struggle, we will lose .
I like Dak as a team guy, I cheer him every single pass. But at the end of the day he is absolutely what his scouting report says, a guy who's inconsistently accurate. Especially beyond 15 yds. In the playoffs, beyond 15 yds is what defenses will give him. It won't end well.
Again.

T-RO

Reaction score
But in a single elimination tournament...the defense will have to get stops....the game we don't force turnovers....will be the game we will find out if Dak is ready to go to the next level.

This gives me such a chuckle. It's pure comedic genius. You describe a defense that can't make any stops, and if it can't creates stops nor any turnovers...

It will be Dak's fault if Boys take a loss.

Pure logic, there, folks.

Last edited:

baltcowboy

Reaction score
I have problems with the concept that winners win championships being used against a QB. One player cannot get that done in a game that depends heavily on team play. When we haven't been good enough, that can't be all laid at the QB's feet. Sometimes none of it should be laid at the QB's feet. Sometimes some of it should.

I'd argue, for example, that Romo played well enough for us to beat Green Bay in 2014, but other aspects of the team were not good enough. Who knows what would have happened if we had gotten by the Packers? Is it Romo's fault that Murray fumbled? Is it Romo's fault that Bryant's catch was ruled an incompletion because he didn't complete the process? Is it Romo's fault that the defense couldn't hold a lead?

These same things apply to Dak. If we had lost this game, many on here would have pointed to the pick-six that Prescott threw early in the game despite the fact that the offense ended up putting up 40 points.
Why did Tampa win the Super Bowl two years ago? The media has you thinking it was Brady. No it was because of the Bucs defense. Football is the ultimate team game sprinkled with some luck. The Cowboys have a chance. That is all you can ask for.

fairviewfarmer

Reaction score
They're down four starters for one.. Hankins, LVE, Brown and Lewis and both Lawrence and Parsons are wearing down. I'd half like to see both of them sit out these last two games..
I don't think sitting them now will make any difference in the play offs. Jmo.

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
I have problems with the concept that winners win championships being used against a QB. One player cannot get that done in a game that depends heavily on team play. When we haven't been good enough, that can't be all laid at the QB's feet. Sometimes none of it should be laid at the QB's feet. Sometimes some of it should.

I'd argue, for example, that Romo played well enough for us to beat Green Bay in 2014, but other aspects of the team were not good enough. Who knows what would have happened if we had gotten by the Packers? Is it Romo's fault that Murray fumbled? Is it Romo's fault that Bryant's catch was ruled an incompletion because he didn't complete the process? Is it Romo's fault that the defense couldn't hold a lead?

These same things apply to Dak. If we had lost this game, many on here would have pointed to the pick-six that Prescott threw early in the game despite the fact that the offense ended up putting up 40 points.
Great post Gimme.

I think a lot of us are guilty of this from time to time. Being the QB of the Cowboys is the most visible player in all of sports, in my opinion. But when you actually think about it rationally, there's only so much they can control, like you so eloquently stated.

I do think the amount of time since our last Super Bowl has just made that spotlight even brighter and making some fans increasingly jaded. I don't blame them a bit. I just try to enjoy each game and hope one year we will finally put together that one playoff run that ends the drought. I believe we have a chance this year, but I feel that way anytime we make the playoffs.

And I'm right back at being hopeful this may be the year.

T-RO

Reaction score
Football is the ultimate team game sprinkled with some luck.

Sure wish it was just "sprinkled" with "luck"

I sometimes wonder about heavy snow of something else. Must just be me.

T-RO

Reaction score

Solid gold after one correction is made:
Other aspects of Goodell's league were not good enough.

Stand for the truth forever...or die in a grave with liars.

Last edited:

Fastpitch Dad

Reaction score
100%. And same for Romo.

Again, 100%

Really? How many Hall-of-Famers played alongside Romo, compared to what Roger and Troy had? Has a "Doomsday Defenses" ever been paired with Dak?
Well done T-RO.

I am of the opinion that both Romo And Dak could have been in Troy's shoes and won the same amount of Super Bowls. A lot of fans don't agree, but I've felt that way for awhile now. No disrespect to Troy, but those teams were loaded. With Tony's extending plays and Dak's ability to run, they may have won more.

Just my opinion with obviously no facts to back it up.

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
This gives me such a chuckle. It's pure comedic genius. You describe a defense that can't make any stops, and if it can't creates stops nor any turnovers...

It will be Dak's fault if Boys take a loss.

Pure logic, there, folks.
Show me where I said it will be Daks fault? You Dak fanboys are a sensitive bunch. I am a Dallas Cowboys fan....I want Dak to be successful. I have some questions about him....but that is probably true about every QB other than 4 or 5. You can win with Dak...but he is not Mahaomes or Joe Burrow or Brady in his prime or Rodgers in his prime etc....nothing wrong with that. The problem is a front office that feels because we pay him 40+ million....we don't have to surround him the right players that compliment his talent/ceiling. He is NOT those guys I mentioned....but this front office HATED that they had to pay him like them....but that is not Daks fault...that is the cost of doing business in the NFL....and the Jones boys should be okay with this....because they have no problems brining in more money than in other franchise in NFL history.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How many of us older dudes remember what an outstanding punter Danny White was? He was talented, and probably executed more fake punts than anyone ever. Maybe there are statistics that reveal it, but it seemed like there was one every game..
Twice in one game. He was one of the best.

GMO415

Reaction score
All week long no analyst brought up Daks NFCE record. They want to call him a**. Dude was seriously insulted.

The iggles were reminded who was Daddy.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Two food-for-thought questions:

-Did Elway only "become a winner" at the end of his career, when the Broncos won the Super Bowl? Many would say that was in truth one of John's worst playoff games, going 12-22 for only 123 yards. He was a loser or a choker until then, but then after that very mediocre game he was suddenly "a winner?"

-Jim Kelly would have been a winner had Scott Norwood's last-second field goal not drifted "wide right" in Super Bowl XXV? But he's a choker, or less than all-time great because of the Bills kicker?
Good questions.

Elway was a winner before he won Super Bowls leading the Broncos to 3 Super Bowls in a losing effort.

And Elway wouid have been inducted into HOF without those last two SB appearances much like Kelly who lost 4 consecutive SB’s.

Winning SB’s isn’t the only definition of greatness.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
Good questions.

Elway was a winner before he won Super Bowls leading the Broncos to 3 Super Bowls in a losing effort.

And Elway wouid have been inducted into HOF without those last two SB appearances much like Kelly who lost 4 consecutive SB’s.

Winning SB’s isn’t the only definition of greatness.
No but winning playoff games sure are. Except for Sonny Jurgensen are there any more QBs in the HOF that hasn't had any playoff success?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
OK...I based my questions on the typical Super-Bowl standard many use...and in part by your statement in your OP,

So you are clarifying your position...winning an NFC championship is the bar that would make Dak "a winner"?
Interesting how Reality’s statement is being interpreted.

I read it as though winning a championship is only way to make him happy. Not the bar to support he’s a winner.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No but winning playoff games sure are. Except for Sonny Jurgensen are there any more QBs in the HOF that hasn't had any playoff success?
Dan Fouts comes to mind only made it to one conference championship game. And 3-4 playoff history.

Unfortunately this era fans want to only equate greatness to winning championships.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
You can say a lot of things about Prescott, but one thing that is hard to ignore is his record against NFC East teams.

In his career, Prescott is 27-6 against the NFC East during the regular season including being 18-1 in his last 19 games against them.

Unfortunately, that means little in the playoffs because the Cowboys keep finding ways to disappoint everyone when the playoffs start.

The fact that his record has been that impressive against NFC East teams combined with hardly any playoff success is why some fans are not fans of Prescott.

I know it feels good feeling some sort of vindication against the Dak haters when the Cowboys and Prescott win games like the one today, but it is what we have come to expect during the regular season.

I want badly for the Cowboys to win a Super Bowl and it would be great to see Dak Prescott lead the team to winning one, but until he and the Cowboys break the the pattern of post-season failures nothing has changed.

Like most Cowboys fans, the negativity wears on me like it wears on everyone else, but so does the frustration of the same failures occurring year after year.

Maybe this year will be THE year or maybe it will be yet another great regular season that ends quickly in the post-season like we have endured for 27 years with a variety of quarterbacks including Romo and Prescott.

Dak is a great guy and the kind of guy you want to be your quarterback and lead your team.

What he is not yet is a real "winner". Winners win championships, not divisions or wildcards as those just the things that get you into the real games.

I would love for Prescott and the Cowboys to win a Super Bowl this season, but until that happens some fans are not going to be happy and it's hard to blame them .. especially when I am one of them.

Why I get the feeling you could have written the same post using Romo's name. Like Romo, Dak is starting to put together some impressive regular season numbers/stats........but it doesn't matter until he proves he can win in the postseason.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Many of the Cowboy's faults come by way of their management being too timid when it comes to veteran free agency and their leadership. Until this team finds a way to facilitate their winning ways with better depth, the playoffs will likely be their Waterloo. I'm hoping, along with many of us, that some of our walking wounded might return to better health and serve us well in the playoffs. Until then, let's support them as best we can. It's a rough road to travel. They've made some decent strides lately. Hopefully, it's an encouraging sign of better things to come. There's still work to be done, though. Take heart.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Why I get the feeling you could have written the same post using Romo's name. Like Romo, Dak is starting to put together some impressive regular season numbers/stats........but it doesn't matter until he proves he can win in the postseason.
Of course it matters. Without some success in regular season you don’t get an opportunity in playoffs.

Last edited: