A few things I noticed on Offense

Number1

Reaction score
1 - Frederick looks to be back, that means a clean pocket, and cut back lanes on the ground

2 - Williams had a pancake block to start the game, and stayed on his man each snap

3 - Su'a-Filo is ridiculously right handed and a far better RG than LG, looked comfortable

4 - the WRs are running better patterns under Sanjay, but are sloppy blockers vs the Dooley days

5 - the return of the lead draw and it looked like a R/P option :) ... that will give DCs fits

6 - for those complaining about Dak's deep game, my rap when drafted was his short touch, it's fixed :)

7 - Pollard finishes well, he brings serious play speed to an O that just didn't make enough big plays

8 - Cobb looked lackadaisical, just there, not sure how much of an upgrade he is at Z

9 - Austin will see quite a few snaps, like last year they'll throw to 8/+ targets every game

10 - it will be very hard to get this O off the field, which creates long ball opportunities

*this is a far better offense than faced the Rams in the playoffs*

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Cobb is an upgrade over Beasley in this offense, he has the ability to stretch the middle and take a pass all the way to the house, Beasley couldn't.....

Whyjerry

Reaction score
My observations are limited to the first team because my primary observation is Mike White is terrible and you can't do anything with him. My other observations are that the tempo is slightly improved, more motion, adding back screens and draws, Gallup is going to be really good, and that they are showing very, very little in the preseason.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
1 - Frederick looks to be back, that means a clean pocket, and cut back lanes on the ground

2 - Williams had a pancake block to start the game, and stayed on his man each snap

3 - Su'a-Filo is ridiculously right handed and a far better RG than LG, looked comfortable

4 - the WRs are running better patterns under Sanjay, but are sloppy blockers vs the Dooley days

5 - the return of the lead draw and it looked like a R/P option :) ... that will give DCs fits

6 - for those complaining about Dak's deep game, my rap when drafted was his short touch, it's fixed :)

7 - Pollard finishes well, he brings serious play speed to an O that just didn't make enough big plays

8 - Cobb looked lackadaisical, just there, not sure how much of an upgrade he is at Z

9 - Austin will see quite a few snaps, like last year they'll throw to 8/+ targets every game

10 - it will be very hard to get this O off the field, which creates long ball opportunities

I like your observations. I'm hoping Cobb looking lackadaisical is more about the vanilla preseason gameplan than anything else. He's a proven veteran that really didn't need to be tested in the preseason. It's the same reason we've only seen Witten in a very limited role thus far.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
I like your observations. I'm hoping Cobb looking lackadaisical is more about the vanilla preseason gameplan than anything else. He's a proven veteran that really didn't need to be tested in the preseason. It's the same reason we've only seen Witten in a very limited role thus far.
This.

Guys like Witten and Cobb are not fighting for a roster spot and there is no sense in them getting injured at this stage.

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score

The first two items make me very happy.

I don't understand what you're saying in #9. Austin maxed out at 3 targets and 4 touches last year. There's no way he'll get anywhere near 8 targets a game.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score

Yes the offense might be a little better. But the defense is exactly the same one that cost us the game vs the rams.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
which is a myth. that Beasley couldn't? or that cobb could?
That Cobb can in a way that Beasley couldn't.

People act like Cobb is some 4.3 guy. He's not. The conversation around him is exactly as it was about Deonte Thompson last year.

cern

Reaction score
Yes the offense might be a little better. But the defense is exactly the same one that cost us the game vs the rams.
in fairness, we haven't really seen the finished product that will be our defense this year. i'm seeing better tackles. and better edge rushers. durance and taco are better. quinn will be an upgrade starting with game #3. safety woods vastly improved. heath still heath. corners will be good due to great coaching, even without Byron. I could be wrong. but I think not.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
in fairness, we haven't really seen the finished product that will be our defense this year. i'm seeing better tackles. and better edge rushers. durance and taco are better. quinn will be an upgrade starting with game #3. safety woods vastly improved. heath still heath. corners will be good due to great coaching, even without Byron. I could be wrong. but I think not.
Maybe my eyes deceive me. The d line is meh. Corners were good last year, and one of the better corners JLew still on the bench. Safeties are still the worst starting unit in the NFL. X woods might be able to do his thing in practice but I like to see it in games.