A few things I noticed on Offense

Dre11

Reaction score
In the video I posted of him doing the exact same thing.

Did you miss the 20 other posts where we talked about how 1 play doesn't mean anything? Should we trade for Vance McDonald?

Beasley? Nah never

Dre11

Reaction score
Well with all due respect.......anyone may can do it but I don't recall anyone on the Cowboys last year taking a pass 78 yards to the home. So yeah anyone probably can do it but I don't recall anyone even doing it ONCE last year for us.

I'm not going to sit here and pretend like I watch a lot of Packers games because I don't. But I do believe he offers much more after the pass than Beasley ever could. Doesn't mean he's better than Beasley just means he offers a few more things for us at slot than Beasley could.

Exactly, Beasley ain't giving us this

Dre11

Reaction score
I could not care less about highlights from a game in 2017 - especially when they aren't particularly illustrative of...anything.

Lol...now that you look foolish. You don't care...lol

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Lol...now that you look foolish. You don't care...lol

Stop posting things from 2 years ago. They do not matter, and they do not change the fact that he isn't making big plays down the field.

I think you've totally missed the point.

Dre11

Reaction score
I could not care less about highlights from a game in 2017 - especially when they aren't particularly illustrative of...anything.

Bottom line is Beasley ain't never done it.

Dre11

Reaction score
Stop posting things from 2 years ago. They do not matter, and they do not change the fact that he isn't making big plays down the field.

Lol...the video just showed he can/and does. He was hurt a lot of last season....lol
Bottom line Beasley never did it

Dre11

Reaction score

Did he or did he not MAKE PLAYS DOWN THE FIELD...LOL

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Lol...the video just showed he can/and does. He was hurt a lot of last season....lol
Bottom line Beasley never did it
The video - other than 1 play from last year - absolutely does not show that. The OP I responded to said that Cobb was a big-play guy who could take the top off the defense. He hasn't been that for the better part of 5 years. None of what you posted shows anything different.

Dre11

Reaction score
The video - other than 1 play from last year - absolutely does not show that. The OP I responded to said that Cobb was a big-play guy who could take the top off the defense. He hasn't been that for the better part of 5 years. None of what you posted shows anything different.

He just made big plays down the field in 2017. What ar you talking about 5 years...youre looking real crazy right now...lol

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
He just made big plays down the field in 2017. What ar you talking about 5 years...youre looking real crazy right now...lol
He didn't make plays down field. He caught short routes and ran. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CobbRa00/receiving-plays/2017/

I've said since the beginning that he's better after the catch than Beasley. I don't think you understand the difference between spreading the field vertically - which is what I think he can't do - and making plays after the catch, which is what I have said repeatedly that he's better than Beasley.

Also, Beasley's long in 2017 was 54. Cobb's was 46 lol.

Dre11

Reaction score
He didn't make plays down field. He caught short routes and ran. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CobbRa00/receiving-plays/2017/

I've said since the beginning that he's better after the catch than Beasley. I don't think you understand the difference between spreading the field vertically - which is what I think he can't do - and making plays after the catch, which is what I have said repeatedly that he's better than Beasley.

Also, Beasley's long in 2017 was 54. Cobb's was 46 lol.

No you don't know the difference. You don't have to make catches 60 70 yards down the field to stretch the field..i don't think He'll stretch the field, but he will be better down the field than Beasley from the slot..lol

Last edited:

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
No you don't know the difference. You don't have to make catches 60 70 yards down the field to stretch the field..i don't think He'll stretch the field, but he will be better down the field than Beasley from the slot..lol
Making catches behind safeties is the definition of stretching the field. It's the premise of the entire Coryell system. Depending on short catch and run condenses the field by moving safeties up.

Cobb makes sense because Cooper and Gallup can get vertical, allowing Cobb to work 1-1 underneath. His YAC could make him dangerous there. But he's not a downfield threat.

Dre11

Reaction score
Making catches behind safeties is the definition of stretching the field. It's the premise of the entire Coryell system. Depending on short catch and run condenses the field by moving safeties up.

Cobb makes sense because Cooper and Gallup can get vertical, allowing Cobb to work 1-1 underneath. His YAC could make him dangerous there. But he's not a downfield threat.
If the safeties and Linebackers feel the way you do, he will make plays deep down the middle of the field. Mark my words.