A harsh truth about Dak Prescott for some of you

BigD_95

Reaction score
If you think Dallas can go to and win a Super Bowl then you can excuse yourself from this thread.

For those of who like to blame our defense, McCarthy, lack of playoff experience or whatever other excuse you can think of then this thread is for you.

If Dallas had Tom Brady right now would you think they could win a Super Bowl? Yep.

Rodgers? Yep.

Do you think the Cardinals have a better roster then us?

The Rams? Maybe they do.

But top to bottom Dallas has at worst the 2nd best roster in the NFC.

All of these “I don’t think we can win a Super Bowl because of our defense” is really you just saying Dak isn’t good enough because this defense is more than good enough. This defense isn’t stopping what some of you call an elite QB from winning anything.

Our defense paired with Tampa’s offense wouldn’t make anyone doubt Tampa, Arizona, GB, Or LA’s odds of winning a Super Bowl but right here on our own forum I see it used as an excuse all of the time but the reality is you don’t believe Dak can beat a guy like Rodgers even with a much better team than his.

I do believe this team can win a championship. I do think Dallas and LA have the best top to bottom NFC rosters and unlike a lot of you already making excuses I do think this version of Dak is more than enough.

Our fans keep turning over every rock to find everything that’s not perfect about this team to use as a future excuse while outside of this fan base everyone is envious because of how talent loaded we are.

I wouldn't trade any QB in the NFL for Dak right now - specially Rodgers who is known as an awful leader & awful teammate

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Okay. I never said it was.

Time will tell. He was a top qb of his time. If they get in.....we'll know.
He was a regular season HOFer, big games escaped him. During his era, he was not the best of the best.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Im a big Romo fan but he doesn’t belong in the HOF.

Is he better than some HOF QB’s? Sure.

But the guy never did anything in the post season.

Will he get in the HOF? Maybe, but that’s because the Romo brand is getting huge. If he just retires and is never heard from again after playing football I don’t think anyone is calling for him to go in.
We're getting a bit off track here. I am not arguing if Romo should be in or not. I don't care.

Follow the quotes.....

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The Pats are an awful team, did you expect us to lose to the Patriots? In fact, we nearly lost despite how stack this team is for Dak.
so you are so desparate that you are now celebrating near losses....not actual losses, but near losses

man you are oh so desparate....its shameful for you to be rooting against the cowboys...I will be coming to take your badge away Philly fan.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
don't forget its not winners any more...its champions...or, wait...what page are we on....oh, yeah its back to winner I think, got to go back to page 21 and see what was it then...it changes every other page...

champion, winner doesn't matter. its his rules. his opinion, in a corner by himself.....he didn't read this post, he won't respond this post (except to say rent free or something to that effect...you know the routine).
It’s the only thing they have left to ***** about and was predicted. And once Dak wins a Super Bowl then they’ll ***** that he’s only won one of them. Bank it.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Im a big Romo fan but he doesn’t belong in the HOF.

Is he better than some HOF QB’s? Sure.

But the guy never did anything in the post season.

Will he get in the HOF? Maybe, but that’s because the Romo brand is getting huge. If he just retires and is never heard from again after playing football I don’t think anyone is calling for him to go in.
oh, so now I understand your Dak hatred.....he pushed Romo to the curb and you are upset because you probably just bought a useless No. 9 Jersey and you couldn't even wear it......and that also explains your love affair with Dalton given how much you pumped him and blowed him (up)... or maybe you just like red heads

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
It’s the only thing they have left to ***** about and was predicted. And once Dak wins a Super Bowl then they’ll ***** that he’s only won one of them. Bank it.
oh no, they will credit everybody else on the team, and the janitor....but never ever will they give credit to Dak....perhaps MC will try to give credit, and will include a "but" in his response.....

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He was a regular season HOFer, big games escaped him. During his era, he was not the best of the best.
I never said he was "the best of the best".

He played Manning and his Bronco's toe to toe. HUGE brilliant game by both. Yep...it was a Romo int to end the game IIRC. Maybe a SPOT of Defense on Dallas' part might help.

How about toe to toe with Rodgers and some :mad: gd :mad: defense once in awhile?

Here are some quotes......since your memory seems to be failing you!

- In 12 NFL seasons Troy Aikman completed 61.5 percent of his passes for 32,942 yards. He threw for 165 touchdowns and 141 interceptions. His career passer rating was 81.6.

- In 11 NFL seasons Roger Staubach completed 57 percent of his passes for 22,700 yards. He threw for 153 touchdowns and 109 interceptions. He retired with an 83.4 career passer rating.

- In 9 NFL seasons, Romo has completed 64.5 percent of his passes for 20,834 yards. He’s thrown for 149 touchdowns and only 72 interceptions.

Romo has the highest quarterback rating of any these quarterbacks. That tells us that he is very efficient. I know what you’re thinking though, “If he’s so efficient, why does he throw so many interceptions?” The answer is that he doesn’t. The media hypes up every time Romo throws a pick and then blames the loss on him.

Out of Romo, Aikman, and Staubach only Romo has a TD/INT ratio of 2:1.

Tony Romo holds Career Cowboys records for the following: Games with 3-plus touchdown passes (24), games with 300-plus yards passing (32) and lowest career interception percentage (2.78 percent).

Romo also holds multiple season and single-game records as well as he ranks second in the NFL’s all-time career passer rating list and forth all-time in the NFL for yards per attempt."

"Speaking of facts, consider this one: Tony “the choke artist” Romo has 13 fourth quarter comebacks and 14 game-winning drives. Romo also holds a 104.4 passer rating in the fourth quarter, a 99.8 passer rating when in the fourth within seven points, and a 116.7 rating in overtime."

"Well how does a 38-17 record sound? A career winning percentage of 69 percent puts him approximately 11 wins per regular season—good enough for a playoff every year in the NFC. The winning percentage of 69 also puts Tony Romo ahead of legends like John Elway, Dan Marino, Johnny Unitas, Steve Young and Kurt Warner. It is also better than current stars Brett Favre, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees and better than any quarterback to have begun his career since Romo took over in Dallas."

I could go on and on.....but if this doesn't make a difference...more won't either. Read it and weep.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score

He played Manning and his Bronco's toe to toe. HUGE brilliant game by both. Yep...it was a Romo int to end the game IIRC. Maybe a SPOT of Defense on Dallas' part might help.

How about toe to toe with Rodgers and some :mad: gd :mad: defense once in awhile?

- In 12 NFL seasons Troy Aikman completed 61.5 percent of his passes for 32,942 yards. He threw for 165 touchdowns and 141 interceptions. His career passer rating was 81.6.

- In 11 NFL seasons Roger Staubach completed 57 percent of his passes for 22,700 yards. He threw for 153 touchdowns and 109 interceptions. He retired with an 83.4 career passer rating.

- In 9 NFL seasons, Romo has completed 64.5 percent of his passes for 20,834 yards. He’s thrown for 149 touchdowns and only 72 interceptions.

Romo has the highest quarterback rating of any these quarterbacks. That tells us that he is very efficient. I know what you’re thinking though, “If he’s so efficient, why does he throw so many interceptions?” The answer is that he doesn’t. The media hypes up every time Romo throws a pick and then blames the loss on him.

Tony Romo holds Career Cowboys records for the following: Games with 3-plus touchdown passes (24), games with 300-plus yards passing (32) and lowest career interception percentage (2.78 percent).

Romo also holds multiple season and single-game records as well as he ranks second in the NFL’s all-time career passer rating list and forth all-time in the NFL for yards per attempt."

"Speaking of facts, consider this one: Tony “the choke artist” Romo has 13 fourth quarter comebacks and 14 game-winning drives. Romo also holds a 104.4 passer rating in the fourth quarter, a 99.8 passer rating when in the fourth within seven points, and a 116.7 rating in overtime."

"Well how does a 38-17 record sound? A career winning percentage of 69 percent puts him approximately 11 wins per regular season—good enough for a playoff every year in the NFC. The winning percentage of 69 also puts Tony Romo ahead of legends like John Elway, Dan Marino, Johnny Unitas, Steve Young and Kurt Warner. It is also better than current stars Brett Favre, Peyton Manning, Drew Brees and better than any quarterback to have begun his career since Romo took over in Dallas."

I could go on and on.....but if this doesn't make a difference...more won't either. Read it and weep.
Like I said, a regular season HOFer. Except if it was a win or go home game.

Dre11

Reaction score
Those factors are still most likely true.

Which ones. He's not average, he worth the money(market), and we can win with him(doesn't mean we will) not all elite qb win one. So which one is true

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Like I said, a regular season HOFer. Except if it was a win or go home game.
His fault...if course.o_O

We're losing sight of the point of my comment....which you seem to be helping me make. AS well as mountaineer too...apparently.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

Romo was a great regular season QB. never elevated his game in post season and took the cowboys far....

he also played in a pass friendly Era, that has to be taken into account. back in Staubach's time, CBs could tackle WRs anywhere and would be hanging all over them. much much much harder to pass the ball. probably most QBs from that Era will have similar stats (I have to check it out though).

I liked Romo. I am glad he was QB of our team. but he could never get over the hump and there was always excuses.