A helluva rare, good dude

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by erod, Nov 16, 2016.

1. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

9,618 Messages
    3,774 Likes Received
    You are in denial. Romo will NEVER be the starter again here. This is Dak's team now.. and thank goodness. I wish Romo well in his future.. best team he could land on would be Denver because he will need a defense like that to carry him.

2. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

9,618 Messages
    3,774 Likes Received
    I'm gonna go with "not".

3. DallasEast

DallasEast Cowboys 24/7/365 Moderator

42,392 Messages
    25,069 Likes Received
    I think the front office made a long-term decision. Certainly, they hope Prescott can handle the rest of the season as well as he has during the first portion but I think they will ride out the gamble... unless-and-if he struggles mightly in a playoff game. In short, I think the front office is willing to gamble securing the highest playoff seed possible or getting into the playoffs period. I will not be surprised if they have accepted the remote chance of the team stumbling or crashing and burning down the stretch. I believe their mindset would only change during the playoffs. My take.

4. DC Cowboy

DC Cowboy Well-Known Member

2,652 Messages
    1,133 Likes Received
    Not sure if he stays or not but IF I were Jacksonville I would definitely call the Cowboys.

5. Seven

Seven Messenger to the football Gods

17,433 Messages
    7,696 Likes Received
    Not so fast, my man.....what if Dakota gets beat out in TC?

What if Dakota gets beat out in practices....this year?

Just sayin'...........

drawandstrike likes this.
  6. JackOfNoTrades

JackOfNoTrades sunbum

2,796 Messages
    3,667 Likes Received
    I hear you. I think we can all agree, or most of us, that Dak is the real deal. You don't do what he's been doing over the past 10 weeks and not be for real. He is our future at the position and considering the circumstances that took place (Romo going down), I think the future should continue. I'm not concerned about Romo winning somewhere else, would be happy for him like I was for Ware. I didn't think it was meant to be for Ware to win the ultimate football prize in Dallas and something tells me the same might be true for Romo.

7. ZekeTrain

ZekeTrain Well-Known Member

290 Messages
    510 Likes Received
    Dak is most certainly the starter but we will need Tony at some point this season. Glad to see him being such a stand up guy.

drawandstrike likes this.
  8. DC Cowboy

DC Cowboy Well-Known Member

2,652 Messages
    1,133 Likes Received
    This and sticking a mic JJ face immediately after each game. it's as if they wanted to create a QB controversy. But that is the price for being the QB of the Cowboys I guess.

Reverend Conehead likes this.
  9. DenCWBY

DenCWBY Well-Known Member

5,696 Messages
    4,657 Likes Received
    I thought that too however, I think he'll get traded mid season next year by a competitive team who either loses their starter to injury or that just needs a veteran QB to make a playoff run next year. It will be interesting.

10. Animosity

Animosity Well-Known Member

1,183 Messages
    1,029 Likes Received
    The greatest QB of all time Tom Brady wouldn't get a 1st round pick. What makes you think Romo would get one? Bradford got one because he is significantly younger than Romo and was a 1st overall pick.

11. LandryFan

LandryFan Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000 Zone Supporter

7,059 Messages
    5,707 Likes Received
    Nothing to disagree with here...

12. yimyammer

yimyammer Well-Known Member

9,333 Messages
    6,503 Likes Received
    IMHO, its more accurate to say he did it for the betterment of the team.

13. yimyammer

9,333 Messages
    6,503 Likes Received

Yes, it is!

14. yimyammer

9,333 Messages
    6,503 Likes Received
    If that happened, it could end up being eerily similar to when the Cowboys traded Craig Morton to the Broncos and then met in the Super Bowl.

Except if it happened now, Denver would be the team with the doomsday defense

15. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

12,720 Messages
    5,035 Likes Received
    :clap:

Thank you for doing this. I wanted to do something similar but you expressed it much more eloquently and more sensitively than I could have done. Excellent post erod!!

erod likes this.
  16. DandyDon52

DandyDon52 Well-Known Member

11,076 Messages
    6,545 Likes Received
    I am a big Dak fan, but I have noticed that is he really lucky, thru the 9 games he has had luck on his side, so I wonder how it goes
    when he doesnt have the good luck?
    I know when giants went on their runs, manning was very lucky, and the team was too.
    Sometimes luck plays a big part in wins. whether it is bad or good.

I have also seen some really lame passes, mixed in with the really good ones.
    There have been a few times where he had nothing on the ball and it has fell way short.

So while I like dak and the winning and want to see it play out, I have seen some flaws that make me think, he could be a 1 season
    wonder.
    I really dont know, so I would keep tony around till I was sure.
    I think the jones boys are sure hence the tony speech, but we still have to see how this plays out.

I know Dak seems to be really good late in the 4th, like he is just waiting for that, then he plays for real, or just gets lucky
    I dont know.

drawandstrike and erod like this.
  17. ConstantReboot

ConstantReboot Well-Known Member

8,386 Messages
    6,613 Likes Received
    Erod. I just love your writing. Its like poetry. This one though left me with a bitter sweet feeling of emotion. Romo is a good dude. I will weep when he decides to leave Dallas for another team.

erod likes this.
  18. DandyDon52

DandyDon52 Well-Known Member

11,076 Messages
    6,545 Likes Received
    also no matter the tony speech or not the media will continue to go on and on about this,
    So maybe this was for the team, so they know.

19. CaptainMorgan

CaptainMorgan Well-Known Member

2,109 Messages
    586 Likes Received
    no way are we paying 24 million for a backup next season. He will either be traded or released June 1st.

Thats assuming that Dak doesnt struggle and Tony doesn't get a crack to start again here.

20. LandryFan

LandryFan Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000 Zone Supporter

7,059 Messages
    5,707 Likes Received
    I believe any talk between Romo and Jerry regarding a trade to a contender will be done completely behind the scenes. We won't hear about it until it happens, IMO. Romo has always been the type of man to handle his business in a mature and rational manner, never more evident than when he went into JJ's office as a relative youngster (no agent present) to talk about a new contract. The story goes, as I recall, that Tony Told Jerry: "The reason I want you to pay me is that then you'll have to play me. You crunch your numbers and I'll talk to my guy (agent) and let's get this done" (or words to that effect). Tony left the office and Bill Parcells (who was also present) turned to Jerry and said "I think we just found our QB". The rest is history, so to speak. I can absolutely see Tony redoing his contract in an effort to make a trade more amenable. Time will tell.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
    ohiocowboysfan25 and DallasEast like this.