A loss Sunday will send us spiraling

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
There’s no sugarcoating a loss to Nick Siriani on Sunday NF.

It would undo Dak mvp talk , it would validate the notion we can’t step it up vs the big boys and it would destroy our fragile faith in Mike McCarthy.

Ontop of a loss - we’re staring directly at matchups vs Buffalo vs Detroit vs Miami.

This sucker has only just begun folks - the season is about to get hotter than your mother’s cast iron skillet.

This coming off a five alarm fire of a game vs a pretender in Seattle.

Are we up for it ? Do we land Shaq Leonard ?
Can we survive MM’s bizarre clock mgmt moves ? Kicking xp’s when he should go for two ? Passing up lead changing FG’s for 4th and 3 gambles ?
Can we survive our OL run block game that employs a Landry era OL coach?
Can our safeties survive ?

The entire future of this franchise will become crystal clear in 6 weeks - MM , DQ , Dak extension.
Nothing is set in stone.

Hotter than your Mother’s skillet on a Sunday morning.
A loss Sunday will send YOU spiraling and justifiably so.

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
normally I would say overreaction, and in reality it may just be, but this team really does need to beat a good team (barf - cant believe I consider Philly one of those). It needs to prove it can play with the top teams. Need to be done with the excuses. Would a loss be the end of our chances this year, no but it would surely dampen them greatly
Even if they lose to the Eagles, they have the rest of the month to prove to themselves that they can beat some of the better teams in the NFL. If the Cowboys lose to the Eagles, and then win the next 3 in December, that's still a good month. And if they go into the playoffs as a Wildcard Team, so be it. Just get in...and be playing your best football in late December and January.

It's a big game, sure, but not the final say on who this Cowboys team is and will be this season....because even if they win, there's still plenty of room for improvement, each week.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score

It would undo Dak mvp talk , it would validate the notion we can’t step it up vs the big boys and it would destroy our fragile faith in Mike McCarthy.

Ontop of a loss - we’re staring directly at matchups vs Buffalo vs Detroit vs Miami.

This sucker has only just begun folks - the season is about to get hotter than your mother’s cast iron skillet.

Can we survive MM’s bizarre clock mgmt moves ? Kicking xp’s when he should go for two ? Passing up lead changing FG’s for 4th and 3 gambles ?

The entire future of this franchise will become crystal clear in 6 weeks - MM , DQ , Dak extension.
Nothing is set in stone.

giphy.gif

plasticman

Reaction score
I confess.....I never did learn how to spiral.

All I do after a loss is maybe sit in the dark alone for several hours. I do mumble obscenities like "d__n Cowboys" in my sleep (According to my wife). I proclaim the game of football to be dead to me, I avoid contact with anything or anybody that has to do with being a Cowboys fan. You know, typical, normal stuff like that. It lasts 3-4 days max.

However, I can honestly say, I never spiral.

kramskoi

Reaction score
I don't know about spiraling but it would be an indication that this team is just not built (yet again) for a deep playoff run.

Lets just be honest. The thing that will be the ultimate undoing of the Cowboys is what they aren't great at currently:

1.) Running in the red-zone.
2.) Running between the 20s.

You can add some real concerns at right tackle to the mix as well. Especially against the two teams they have to go through to reach the Superbowl.

The Eagles got away from their running game and paid a heavy price. Dallas runs the risk of something similar happening on the road, on grass and in possibly inclement weather. This will put pressure on Dak to be perfect and if he doesn't deliver, the fan base will be calling for his head. Many are getting so caught up in his stellar season that they are simply ignoring the 800lb. gorilla in the middle of the room...a less than potent ground game. Passing to set up the run probably means disaster at San Francisco once again.

Last edited:

ErikWilliamsHeadSlap

Reaction score
Spiralling? LoL. It's a football game. Not the death of a child. We will be fine and play again the next week. We will still make the playoffs. We will survive.

Eddie

Reaction score
We will go 3-2 over the next 5 games. We will lock up the 5th seed with no chance of changing, and will pull the starters against Washingmachine.

Jipper

Reaction score
a loss basically just ends our opportunity for a home game...thats it. We are going to do no worse than the 5th seed.

This is one of those situations where we have another big opportunity in front of us and the question is can we get over the hump? Also, getting over this hump doesn't mean "success" , but it does mean a huge step in the right direction. One game at a time.

bigE79

Reaction score
Personally,I think the pressure is all on Philly,they have the most to lose and WHEN they lose to us,I can see them dropping another game or two.I think we go into this game refreshed and ready to have fun.

goshann

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Honestly game doesn’t matter
We have a tiny chance of finishing ahead of them even if we win
I won’t be spiraling

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
It wouldn’t be easy bouncing back, especially on the road in Buffalo and Miami. Could be below zero or blizzard conditions in Buffalo.
And Miami and Washington fields are natural grass. Cowboys don't do nearly as well on grass as turf. Add to that Washington would just love to spoil the Cowboys' playoff seeding, or even knock us out of the playoffs (not likely, but you never know)

Considering records, rivalries, field conditions, weather conditions, and a host of other things, IF Dallas can win most of the last 5 games, they should be in good shape for a playoff run.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
normally I would say overreaction, and in reality it may just be, but this team really does need to beat a good team (barf - cant believe I consider Philly one of those). It needs to prove it can play with the top teams. Need to be done with the excuses. Would a loss be the end of our chances this year, no but it would surely dampen them greatly
A loss throws Dallas back to a 2 game deficit head to head and back to a tie in division games, with only 4 left to play.

We'd be back to hoping some other team beats the Eagles that weren't supposed to beat them, us winning out, etc.

As is usually the case, team health plays a huge part in playoff success. Just look at last night, Lawrence could easily have had his ankle snapped like Dak's, and they'd probably be out of playoff contenton. Pittsburgh was really coming on, then they lose Pickett. Hurts got his bell rung in their last game, he came back, but just ask Roger or Troy - those can become chronic very quickly and Hurts could miss a couple of games still.

Seasons's end is rapidly approaching, the playoff picture will begin to clear up very soon...

Bagman

Reaction score

Nothing is set in stone.

Do you work for TMZ ? Lol

Bagman

Reaction score
Are you people kidding me? Seriously?

You don’t think this is a massive measuring stick into the mental toughness of Mike McCarthy, and his quarterback?

Get lawst if you think this is just another game as some of you painting it.
What will you say if Dallas wins ? Will you gloss over it as just the regular season? That it doesn't matter now, only in January? Ya know, some men ya just can't reach.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Has everyone purchased their motion sickness pills yet? Please do so if you have not already. There is a possibility of experiencing spiraling out of control and no one wants to feel that. uh uh.

Why are some of you just shaking your heads at this post for? Time's a-wasting. Grab your car keys and get to your nearest drug store. Now. MOVE IT PEOPLES!!!!!!