A loss Sunday will send us spiraling

GMO415

Reaction score
There’s no sugarcoating a loss to Nick Siriani on Sunday NF.

It would undo Dak mvp talk , it would validate the notion we can’t step it up vs the big boys and it would destroy our fragile faith in Mike McCarthy.

Ontop of a loss - we’re staring directly at matchups vs Buffalo vs Detroit vs Miami.

This sucker has only just begun folks - the season is about to get hotter than your mother’s cast iron skillet.

This coming off a five alarm fire of a game vs a pretender in Seattle.

Are we up for it ? Do we land Shaq Leonard ?
Can we survive MM’s bizarre clock mgmt moves ? Kicking xp’s when he should go for two ? Passing up lead changing FG’s for 4th and 3 gambles ?
Can we survive our OL run block game that employs a Landry era OL coach?
Can our safeties survive ?

The entire future of this franchise will become crystal clear in 6 weeks - MM , DQ , Dak extension.
Nothing is set in stone.

Hotter than your Mother’s skillet on a Sunday morning.
giphy.gif

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why not the Eagles loss to the 49ers send them spiraling? How about that one? I like that one better.
Could too but after the Cowboys and Seahawks their schedule is a cake walk. The Giants twice and the Cardinals. Maybe the Cardinals head coach's ties to the Eagles can help us out here.

The Cowboys are a game back with the Bills, Dolphins and Lions after this Eagles game. They're in worse shape.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Could easily be true with road games against the Bills and Dolphins next.

This is why I'm not counting on a playoff berth yet.
I can't see the Cowboys losing to all the remaining teams on their schedule, and even with only 2 more wins I think they make the playoffs.

But I wouldn't count on anything beyond the divisional round. I think the cowboys are as good as the Eagles, Detroit, but not necessarily better.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
:facepalm:

Holy overrection.
normally I would say overreaction, and in reality it may just be, but this team really does need to beat a good team (barf - cant believe I consider Philly one of those). It needs to prove it can play with the top teams. Need to be done with the excuses. Would a loss be the end of our chances this year, no but it would surely dampen them greatly

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Spiraling??? This team is the 5 seed with either 12 wins, 11 wins or 10 wins.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score

It would undo Dak mvp talk , it would validate the notion we can’t step it up vs the big boys and it would destroy our fragile faith in Mike McCarthy.

Ontop of a loss - we’re staring directly at matchups vs Buffalo vs Detroit vs Miami.

This sucker has only just begun folks - the season is about to get hotter than your mother’s cast iron skillet.

Can we survive MM’s bizarre clock mgmt moves ? Kicking xp’s when he should go for two ? Passing up lead changing FG’s for 4th and 3 gambles ?

The entire future of this franchise will become crystal clear in 6 weeks - MM , DQ , Dak extension.
Nothing is set in stone.

I remember when you said the Giants would destroy us.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Spiraling into the Playoffs with another opportunity to beat the other top teams in the conference.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
This is going to be the biggest regular season game we’ve had in years. A loss at home would be pretty devastating. It wouldn’t be easy bouncing back, especially on the road in Buffalo and Miami. Could be below zero or blizzard conditions in Buffalo. The Bills are in a battle for their playoff lives so they’re going to need the game against us. Miami has a three game lead in the AFC East, but they finish up with the Cowboys, Baltimore and Buffalo.
Agree that it's going to be difficult going to Buffalo and Miami after this game. I don't know how devastating a loss Sundaywould be to the team, though. I think we sometimes project our feelings onto the players, who often show resiliency and determination in the face of adversity. It definitely makes our path to the No. 5 seed a little more narrow and obviously would eliminate us from the division race.

The fact that we have a two-game lead for the top wild-card spot over the rest probably isn't given as much attention as the race for the division title and home-field advantage. We'd, of course, prefer that we beat Philly and Philly and San Fran both lose while we don't to give us the top spot. But the top wild-card spot is more realistic despite this tough stretch. and what happens against Philly.

For those purposes, the victory over Seattle may have even been more important. A loss would have put us only one game ahead of the Seahawks, who would have held the tiebreaker, making it to where we couldn't afford another loss if we want the fifth seed.

I think in some ways, we're holding on to hope that Philly will lose to us and lose again while we go undefeated (or lose only one game to an AFC foe) to win the division. And then for San Fran to lose one game while we lose none to give us home-field advantage. Those things are far less likely to happen than us maintaining that wild-card top spot.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
1 LOSS won't send the cowboys spiraling. 1 injury can but not a loss. I doubt the boys win all of their remaining games and while 1 more loss may knock them out of being NFCE champs it won't cause them to spiral unless there is a major injury.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
A regular season game means nothing to a Super Bowl winning coach or a quarterback that before the season everyone said would be judged by the playoffs. The Cowboys have a 99% chance to make the playoffs so unless three teams behind us some how finish 10-7 and the Cowboys lose their final 5 games, I think the Cowboys will be ok. If you don’t believe me look at Seattle, Green Bay, Minnesota, and the Rams schedule and then tell me you see 10 wins from those teams.

Chuck 54

Reaction score

Nothing is set in stone.

It will mean nothing of importance other than we will be the 5 seed, which is our most likely outcome either way.
It’s just drama to put so much emphasis on a single game. Play well, stay healthy. Nothing really means much of anything until it’s the playoffs, and we’ve seen many times where the team that wins twice during the season loses in a playoff matchup. It’s hard to beat a team 3 times. That said, Cowboys win Sunday.

TheSport78

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
I hope this doesn't happen, but if we beat Philly, I wouldn't be surprised if we drop both games to Buffalo and Miami. Buffalo is in win-now mode and we're not the same team on the road; Miami is a bad matchup for us from a defensive standpoint. A win against Philly pretty much locks in the 5th seed.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
A loss ends a slim chance to win the division… nothing more. We are in great position for the 5 seed— which we likely wind up with if we win.

Sunday for us is about punching our rival in the face and playing well.

zeroburrito

Reaction score
there is no way we win the division even with a win sunday. a win or loss is still the 5th seed.

the reaiity is we will have no home games in the playoffs. this game means nothing.

CWR

Reaction score
A loss Sunday will send ME spiraling.

Buts that's how I roll.