A loss Sunday will send us spiraling

Mark

Reaction score
This thread is a real ray of sunshine. I guess some people just can't enjoy prosperity.

seamus18

Reaction score
Why not the Eagles loss to the 49ers send them spiraling? How about that one? I like that one better.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
Win or lose we will be fine
You can also say if we lose it will motivate us even more

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
If he wears his skinny jeans and sobs, I like our chances.

nobody

Reaction score
Then it's a good thing that the Cowboys won't lose Sunday. They will beat the Eagles.

bigE79

Reaction score
I don't think so. The Cowboys have not lost 2 games in a row since November 2021. This team has been very resilient over the last 2 years. A loss to the Eagles might light a fire under them for their next game.
How many fires need to be lit,they lit 3 fires so far this season, pretty soon we'll be pyromaniacs,if they need to lose another game just to light a fire under their *****,we are screwed..no excuse for not being on top of our game against the birds.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If the Cowboys lose on Sunday night the wheels could start to come off. We have back-to-back road games in Buffalo and Miami. The Cowboys haven’t been the same team on the road. Those are going to be very difficult games. Buffalo is a desperate team and the weather conditions in Buffalo could be a huge factor. Josh Allen is mobile and we’ve struggled against mobile QBs. Plus, he’s a physical runner. With Miami we’ll be dealing with the most explosive offense in the league. Tyreek Hill is one of the most dangerous receivers I’ve ever seen. We need all the momentum we can muster heading into those road games. A loss to Philly would be another conference loss, so it’s not like a wildcard would be a sure thing.

coult44

Reaction score
There’s no sugarcoating a loss to Nick Siriani on Sunday NF.

It would undo Dak mvp talk , it would validate the notion we can’t step it up vs the big boys and it would destroy our fragile faith in Mike McCarthy.

Ontop of a loss - we’re staring directly at matchups vs Buffalo vs Detroit vs Miami.

This sucker has only just begun folks - the season is about to get hotter than your mother’s cast iron skillet.

This coming off a five alarm fire of a game vs a pretender in Seattle.

Are we up for it ? Do we land Shaq Leonard ?
Can we survive MM’s bizarre clock mgmt moves ? Kicking xp’s when he should go for two ? Passing up lead changing FG’s for 4th and 3 gambles ?
Can we survive our OL run block game that employs a Landry era OL coach?
Can our safeties survive ?

The entire future of this franchise will become crystal clear in 6 weeks - MM , DQ , Dak extension.
Nothing is set in stone.

Hotter than your Mother’s skillet on a Sunday morning.
Stopped at first line..

Let’s say Dak is 27-31 350 3-0. And we lose 31-30. Then this entire thread is what???

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

It would undo Dak mvp talk , it would validate the notion we can’t step it up vs the big boys and it would destroy our fragile faith in Mike McCarthy.

Ontop of a loss - we’re staring directly at matchups vs Buffalo vs Detroit vs Miami.

This sucker has only just begun folks - the season is about to get hotter than your mother’s cast iron skillet.

Can we survive MM’s bizarre clock mgmt moves ? Kicking xp’s when he should go for two ? Passing up lead changing FG’s for 4th and 3 gambles ?

The entire future of this franchise will become crystal clear in 6 weeks - MM , DQ , Dak extension.
Nothing is set in stone.

I kind of feel the opposite. We're unlikely to catch the Eagles for the division title because it would be necessary for the Eagles to lose another game since they hold the tiebreaker edge (or lose to an NFC foe while we only lose to an AFC one).

It's hard to beat an opponent three times in a season. It's been done, but it's not easy. So if Philly beats us twice, it makes it to where it would be up to our team to figure out a different plan of attack while the Eagles would just want to stick with what beat us.

I don't think the players spiral the way fans do or worry about notions that "we can't step it up vs the big boys." Only the fans' fragile faith in McCarthy would be destroyed. If we lose, the players and coaches will go back to the drawing board to try to figure out how to win if we meet in the playoffs.

I'd much rather win than lose, but a loss isn't the end of the world. How the team handles that loss would be what's important.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Sunday is pivotal as far as winning the division goes but not as far as the season goes. And Dak winning MVP isn’t the main goal. And even winning Sunday it’s still a long shot that we win the division with our remaining schedule compared to Philly’s.
It would seem so.

But there's this: Philly has been winnig a lot of close games and come from behind games. When a team does that, usually one of two things happens:

Either that team starts learning how to get ahead and stay ahead, and win games by a relatively comfortable margin, or they start not being able to complete comebacks and/or can't win the close ones. Very hard to maintain comeback wins or always (or nearly always) win the close ones. Back in the 70's the St Louis Cardinals started the "Cardiac" moniker, becoming the "Cardiac Cardinals" but they never made the SB, let alone win it. Eventually they began to lose games they had previously won.

Which will Philly do?

No way to tell. Teams can use the loss as a learning tool/motivation to play better, or get the "oh, no, it's about to fall apart" feeling.

We'll know after Sunday, ...

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
yes it is...unfortunatly seems like every single time we have had one of these moments in recent years we have come up short....really hoping this is the turn, this fan base needs it so very much
Glad you can hope, I can't anymore.

Watch and see what happens is what I can do....

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
If the Cowboys lose on Sunday night the wheels could start to come off. We have back-to-back road games in Buffalo and Miami. The Cowboys haven’t been the same team on the road. Those are going to be very difficult games. Buffalo is a desperate team and the weather conditions in Buffalo could be a huge factor. Josh Allen is mobile and we’ve struggled against mobile QBs. Plus, he’s a physical runner. With Miami we’ll be dealing with the most explosive offense in the league. Tyreek Hill is one of the most dangerous receivers I’ve ever seen. We need all the momentum we can muster heading into those road games. A loss to Philly would be another conference loss, so it’s not like a wildcard would be a sure thing.
If we lose Sunday, how we handle that loss will become the bigger deal. Since all the wild-card options behind us have six losses, we know we could absorb one more and still keep the fifth seed. We have the head-to-head tiebreaker advantage over Seattle and the Rams, but I'm not sure how we stack up against Minnesota and Green Bay if we all finished with six losses. I will be surprised if any of the teams chasing us in the wild-card race finishes with fewer than seven loses, but three losses in the final six games would be terrible for us momentumwise.

silvernblu

Reaction score

Nothing is set in stone.

We lose, pressure is off for rest of season. We prepare for 5 seed.

We win, we shoot for the stars.

I don’t see a downside chicken little.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If we lose Sunday, how we handle that loss will become the bigger deal. Since all the wild-card options behind us have six losses, we know we could absorb one more and still keep the fifth seed. We have the head-to-head tiebreaker advantage over Seattle and the Rams, but I'm not sure how we stack up against Minnesota and Green Bay if we all finished with six losses. I will be surprised if any of the teams chasing us in the wild-card race finishes with fewer than seven loses, but three losses in the final six games would be terrible for us momentumwise.
This is going to be the biggest regular season game we’ve had in years. A loss at home would be pretty devastating. It wouldn’t be easy bouncing back, especially on the road in Buffalo and Miami. Could be below zero or blizzard conditions in Buffalo. The Bills are in a battle for their playoff lives so they’re going to need the game against us. Miami has a three game lead in the AFC East, but they finish up with the Cowboys, Baltimore and Buffalo.