A Quick Review of Stephen Jones Stupid Quotes over the years

Ken

Reaction score
At what point do you begin measuring the success with the results on the field ?
I mean, ya, they haven't achieved what we wanted but they have had at least a couple of teams that easily could have. Just failed.

kskboys

Reaction score
Was just a few years ago my view was that Jerry was bad, but there was a glimmer of hope that when Stephen took over things would change for the better.

Sadly that hope has evaporated.

I'm 67 years old. In pretty good health but do have a small heart valve problem. Seriously doubt I'll ever see another Cowboys SB win this side of Heaven.

My fandom is now watching the games and whatever happens, happens. ZERO expectations of winning anything of real significance.

Does that make me a bad fan? Or not a fan? Don't really care what anybody here or elsewhere thinks, so if somebody wants to label me a fair weather fan, you go right ahead. I've earned the right to view the Cowboys anyway I d*** well want to....
It makes you a logical realistic fan who has the ability to evaluate and assess and believe accordingly.

kskboys

Reaction score
I mean, ya, they haven't achieved what we wanted but they have had at least a couple of teams that easily could have. Just failed.
And the holes in the team due to poor player evaluation is what caused us to fail.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
But until they do it’s merely an opinion we had a couple teams which could have . And why results matter.

Most likely those teams had holes which prevented more success.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
With a coaching background I’d like to hear your opinions on the subjects. Your bound to have more to offer than just bashing on those you disagree with or who offer up criticism .
Evertime I try to share thoughts, I get ridiculed because I jwas jut a HS coach....so I stopped trying

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is there an NFL executive this arrogantly lazy and stupid?
3LgNmM9a_400x400.jpg

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Evertime I try to share thoughts, I get ridiculed because I jwas jut a HS coach....so I stopped trying
Which you’ve admitted you don’t take criticism or pushback well. So, you’ve resorted to this type of tactic instead of digging in standing your ground on your opinions .

Shame , cause I bet you have some sound thoughts on player evaluation and coaching techniques. And probably some interesting constructive criticism .

Ken

Reaction score
And the holes in the team due to poor player evaluation is what caused us to fail.
I think the coach hiring decisions had a bigger impact on those teams ultimately failing. The rosters were among the best in the league at the time.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They were talking about you!!!

lol. The ignore function on here is pure gold. I started blocking anyone who personally attacks me , and I've discovered I enjoy the board a lot more now. I'm fine with disagreeing , but when they start name calling, its discussion over and goodbye.

Me and KSK disagree on stuff, but it never gets personal. Its just a football opinion.

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I think the coach hiring decisions had a bigger impact on those teams ultimately failing. The rosters were among the best in the league at the time.
Not throughout. We had holes in key areas , especially on defense.

Too many fans see our talent at key positions on offense and buy into the hype we have enough.

But if you can’t stop the run and make key stops on defense in playoffs and or against the better teams and QB’s you’re not going to have the level of success you seek.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
lol. The ignore function on here is pure gold. I started blocking anyone who personally attacks me , and I've discovered I enjoy the board a lot more now. I'm fine with disagreeing , but when they start name calling, its discussion over and goodbye.
I have a couple on ignore as well. I want to think there’s still hope for this fan who I believe has more to offer than his current mantra.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I thought name calling was against the rules
It’s not against the rules to name call or insult anyone related to the Cowboys. They are fair game. It’s name calling other members in retaliation which is against the rules.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have a couple on ignore as well. I want to think there’s still hope for this fan who I believe has more to offer than his current mantra.

Its easier to yell and scream at the people we disagree with...... it is harder to formulate and articulate a convincing rebuttal. So, he's just doing the easy thing....... kinda like our FO. :laugh:

Mannix

Reaction score
13:11 for Chuckles serial killer laugh....what a creepy dude.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Jerry Jones is a good guy I've met him several times I don't think he deserves the name calling apparently you can dish it but you can't take it
I understand and you are certainly entitled to your opinions . But you aren’t the judge and jury or final word for everyone where the line is drawn for criticism.

Thats the rules of the forum. We can dish it out to anyone or anything related to the Cowboys within the rules without personal insults or attacks from other fans . Perhaps this isn’t a format that suits you .

And for the record if you’d followed me all of these years you’d know I’ve met Jethro on a few occasions as well in the early years and my issues aren’t generally against him personally. He was always cordial and appreciative of my fan support.

Ken

Reaction score
Not throughout. We had holes in key areas , especially on defense.

Too many fans see our talent at key positions on offense and buy into the hype we have enough.

But if you can’t stop the run and make key stops on defense in playoffs and or against the better teams and QB’s you’re not going to have the level of success you seek.
I can't disagree with that...but no team is totally strong everywhere.

I think 2007 was our best team and chance to win a super bowl. I totally attribute that failure to coaching.

2014 was totally a super bowl offense but our defense was smoke and mirrors, it caught up with us.

2016- Super Bowl offense, young qb- defense probably played over its head. Ultimately we got Arod'd out of the tournament.

Last year, kind of a mixed bag. Super bowl offense for first half of the year, had our struggles and the defense was on another level. Then, ultimately, our defense was exposed against the run and our offense didn't do enough. It went back to a proper 1 tech being needed and our coaching decisions (IMO) on offense.

So it really was a mixed bag for those teams, imo.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I thought name calling was against the rules
As a member of CowboysZone, you must agree to the following rules:

#8 - You will not personally attack or insult other members.
#9 - You will not troll or antagonize other members.

Members of the Jones family will not be targets of name-calling after they have joined CowboysZone and started posting. However, posts associating members of the Jones family with obscene and non-family friendly, profanity or non-family friendly, racist, race-baiting, sexually insensitive, religious, and/or political language are against the rules.

Basically, I think any CowboysZone member should report any image I might post of Jerry Jones wearing a speedo because, quite frankly, that would be obscene.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I can't disagree with that...but no team is totally strong everywhere.

I think 2007 was our best team and chance to win a super bowl. I totally attribute that failure to coaching.

2014 was totally a super bowl offense but our defense was smoke and mirrors, it caught up with us.

2016- Super Bowl offense, young qb- defense probably played over its head. Ultimately we got Arod'd out of the tournament.

Last year, kind of a mixed bag. Super bowl offense for first half of the year, had our struggles and the defense was on another level. Then, ultimately, our defense was exposed against the run and our offense didn't do enough. It went back to a proper 1 tech being needed and our coaching decisions (IMO) on offense.

So it really was a mixed bag for those teams, imo.
That’s a fair argument.

I’ve found in this Cap era you need to be great on one side of the ball and at least average on the other.

And with only a few exceptions either need an Elite QB or generational defense . I can’t argue we’ve had either

While I’d agree with some of your thoughts here I’m not sure we have met mine . And why it’s tough for me to argue we’ve had enough. Close perhaps a couple times.

Reactions: Ken