A Quick Review of Stephen Jones Stupid Quotes over the years

Sydla

Reaction score
It doesn’t matter whether I care or not the point remains because of having equal partners in siblings to be held accountable publicly it’s more likely Stephen will have scapegoats in place in front office to take the fall . Something daddy hasn’t done . And hence the difference .

So your claim here is that Stephen will hire a GM that he can blame for the team's shortcomings and that his sister and brother will be stupid enough to not realize Stephen is still running the ship and just has a figurehead GM to yell at and blame?

Your theory is a mess.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As a member of CowboysZone, you must agree to the following rules:

#8 - You will not personally attack or insult other members.
#9 - You will not troll or antagonize other members.

Members of the Jones family will not be targets of name-calling after they have joined CowboysZone and started posting. However, posts associating members of the Jones family with obscene and non-family friendly, profanity or non-family friendly, racist, race-baiting, sexually insensitive, religious, and/or political language are against the rules.

Basically, I think any CowboysZone member should report any image I might post of Jerry Jones wearing a speedo because, quite frankly, that would be obscene.
Ok....that's funny!!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
So your claim here is that Stephen will hire a GM that he can blame for the team's shortcomings and that his sister and brother will be stupid enough to not realize Stephen is still running the ship and just has a figurehead GM to yell at and blame?

Your theory is a mess.
Yes, It’s all about public perception .

Having a GM, a VP of personnel and a HC to hold accountable publicly makes all the difference in shielding the owners from more direct persecution like their father has taken. Then they will only be blamed for bad hires and continue spinning the wheel.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes, It’s all about public perception .

Having a GM, a VP of personnel and a HC to hold accountable publicly makes all the difference in shielding the owners from more direct persecution like their father has taken. Then they will only be blamed for bad hires and continue spinning the wheel.
Bad fans that don't appreciate anything are also spinning their wheels, if they keep coming back....they are free to leave at anytime....yet, many dont.....

reddyuta

Reaction score
Stephen Jones is the worst kind of people,a guy who thinks he is smart but makes stupid decisions all the time and some so catastrophic that the team never recovers from at all.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Bad fans that don't appreciate anything are also spinning their wheels, if they keep coming back....they are free to leave at anytime....yet, many dont.....
There are many fans who continue supporting the team while offering criticism. And there’s much to celebrate from our history we can be proud of . So to say we don’t appreciate anything isn’t true.

And as I’ve told you several times now you don’t have to like or support all of the moving pieces to support the sum,

Unfortunately you can’t frame the type of fans you want to have . I’m beginning to wonder if from your coaching days you despised any fan , parent or administrators who were critical.

You just want everyone to conduct themselves as you see fit. That’s simply not the world we live in sir.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There are many fans who continue supporting the team while offering criticism. And there’s much to celebrate from our history we can be proud of . So to say we don’t appreciate anything isn’t true.

And as I’ve told you several times now you don’t have to like or support all of the moving pieces to support the sum,

Unfortunately you can’t frame the type of fans you want to have . I’m beginning to wonder if from your coaching days you despised any fan , parent or administrators who were critical.

You just want everyone to conduct themselves as you see fit. That’s simply not the world we live in sir.
Yep, I hated Spoiled fans and I still do. They have no clue what happens in the locker room if practice field and still like cry and complain....so, yeah! I don't like those fans.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Yep, I hated Spoiled fans and I still do. They have no clue what happens in the locker room if practice field and still like cry and complain....so, yeah! I don't like those fans.
I’m not sure you’re going to enjoy social media and fan forums like this. Mostly filled with fans who have never been in locker rooms.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Unless the Jones Boys can dramatically overachieve this upcoming season, I will be giving serious thought to flipping my PSLs. The thought of traveling to games is becoming more of a chore nowadays.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m not sure you’re going to enjoy social media and fan forums like this. Mostly filled with fans who have never been in locker rooms.
Yup, that's why they shouldn't complain about things they know nothing about.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Below are just a few of the many, many stupid and moronic comments made by the laziest executive in professional sports, Stephen “Giggles” Jones. In light of SJ’s moronic comments today about “Super Bowls not being won in the off season”, it’s worth remembering two things:
  1. He’s been saying dumb things for years.
  2. We better hope when JJ meets his maker SJ wants to hire someone to run this thing.
Here’s a walk down memory lane with links to the original stories. Each link is prefaced by an SJ actual quote.
This is a very incomplete and short list. It could three times as long, I just wanted to post a few. Is there an NFL executive this arrogantly lazy and stupid? If so, they’re probably fired in short order.

Stephen Jones is a complete embarrassment. I’m not a JJ fan. But at least he earned the right to own this team. SJ’s qualifications amount to DNA. Lord help us if this man ever completely takes over.
We are doomed. I used to hope jerry would keel over now i hope hes immortal

John813

Reaction score
The biggest thing- with free agency, I just don’t think you can make a living there. That’s what we’ve always said. I think you’re overpaying in free agency most of the time

I wonder if it ever dawned on him they've been doing that for some time with their own players?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Pick a better mechanic just like you to pick a better team if you're not happy
Sure , but first of all you complain to who repaired it incorrectly.

I guess you’ve never had a home team that you rooted for you weren’t pleased with their results every year ? Or didn’t like their coach, etc. ??

Being a fan of your home team doesn’t mean you have to be happy. You just want to support your local team. And if there are issues you see then you call them out. Simple concept .

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sure , but first of all you complain to who repaired it incorrectly.

I guess you’ve never had a home team that you rooted for you weren’t pleased with their results every year ? Or didn’t like their coach, etc. ??

Being a fan of your home team doesn’t mean you have to be happy. You just want to support your local team. And if there are issues you see then you call them out. Simple concept .
I buy a new truck every 12 months and I keep my house up so that I don't have to cry and complain....if I didn't like Jerry, I wouldn't support his team. There are many more important things to worry about than a football team that I have no control of......grow up! You're to old to let this crap get to you. Enjoy life and stop crying

Preoccupied

Reaction score
I respect your opinion although I disagree. But let me ask this- name an NFL franchise that would hire Stephen as their GM? I know we can’t really know but I believe Dallas is the only place he would have a job other than in a business role.
Boom !
Family affair.

I can't even remember the posters name, DandyDon?
But our projections are the same, the grandkidswho take the reigns around 2035 - 2045.
Before there could be a decision to install a non family member....could.
In the mean time who is SJ going to have as an advisor and/or a right hand man when Jerry is in a wheelchair dribbling?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I buy a new truck every 12 months and I keep my house up so that I don't have to cry and complain....if I didn't like Jerry, I wouldn't support his team. There are many more important things to worry about than a football team that I have no control of......grow up! You're to old to let this crap get to you. Enjoy life and stop crying
I understand. Again, you are entitied to your opinions. But not everyone thinks the same or lives by the same standards.

Are you here to express your thoughts and opinions or just criticize those you don’t like ?

Last edited:

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I understand. Again, you are entitied to your opinions. But not everyone thinks the same or lives by the same standards.

Are you here to express your thoughts and opinions or just criticize those you don’t like ?
It's one in the same.....I express myself, if you don't agree, that's on you

eromeopolk

Reaction score
Below are just a few of the many, many stupid and moronic comments made by the laziest executive in professional sports, Stephen “Giggles” Jones. In light of SJ’s moronic comments today about “Super Bowls not being won in the off season”, it’s worth remembering two things:
  1. He’s been saying dumb things for years.
  2. We better hope when JJ meets his maker SJ wants to hire someone to run this thing.
Here’s a walk down memory lane with links to the original stories. Each link is prefaced by an SJ actual quote.
This is a very incomplete and short list. It could three times as long, I just wanted to post a few. Is there an NFL executive this arrogantly lazy and stupid? If so, they’re probably fired in short order.

Stephen Jones is a complete embarrassment. I’m not a JJ fan. But at least he earned the right to own this team. SJ’s qualifications amount to DNA. Lord help us if this man ever completely takes over.
"I don't think you ever win the Super Bowl in the offseason," Jones said. "I think it's a full body of work that you put together over time. I think we'll be a better team and I think we can take the next step."

Spoken like the son of a Dumbo GM. Jerry Dumbo GM Jones, and Stephen Son of a Dumbo GM Jones.