A reminder that Dak can play QB

condoin125

Reaction score
I don't understand why we can't give this guy a chance? He just finished his sophomore season that had a ton of distractions/injuries/change this year.

Dak isn't the issue. Getting this team to play together is. Look at the QBs in the Championship games this weekend outside of Brady. Bortles, Keenum, and Foles. Haha Now, I realize Wentz drove them down the road to the playoffs, but, he still did get hurt. Will that become an issue down the road? So far Dak has the health advantage there.

It was just an odd year and people are bitter and need to point fingers. I think I have heard everybody from Jerry Jones down to the janitor get the blame. :laugh:
We're not the GM, we have no choice but to give him another chance....we just have no hope that he'll turn things around. Why? Because that doesn't happen with QBs in the NFL, you either show you have something to work with early on or you don't....no one magically recreates themselves as a franchise QB....if it worked that way, there wouldn't be a shortage of QBs every season. If it worked that way, Tim Tebow would be an NFL QB.

dfense

Reaction score
I am thankful everyday that Dak is my QB. I am thankful that the Romo chapter is over. His interceptions and his inability to get and win a Superbowl grew tiresome.

I am enjoying the Dak narrative and look forward to the prospect of Dak giving the franchise and fan base a ring. The future looks bright.

Thank you Dak.
Lay off the drugs dude. If you ever even watched a game you'd know the Romo picks were a myth. Try researching the drivel you are pushing first. Romo has half as many picks as most all the "greats". Enjoy Dak while he's here. My guess is you'll grow tired of him by Nov 2018.

HungryLion

Reaction score
We're not the GM, we have no choice but to give him another chance....we just have no hope that he'll turn things around. Why? Because that doesn't happen with QBs in the NFL, you either show you have something to work with early on or you don't....no one magically recreates themselves as a franchise QB....if it worked that way, there wouldn't be a shortage of QBs every season. If it worked that way, Tim Tebow would be an NFL QB.

This post is highly inaccurate.

Dak has shown he has something to work with. He had one of the best rookie seasons ever. You don’t have a season that good without showing skills to work with.

It doesn’t mean he will be a franchise QB. But this myth that Dak has never shown any ability or skills is so stupid. People who believe the myth either have really short memories or an agenda. Because again, Dak player very very well for a rookie and showcased that he does have skills.

It’s putting it all together and being consistent that will determine his future. Which is something that happens with many young QB’s.

The jury is still out

condoin125

Reaction score
This post is highly inaccurate.

Dak has shown he has something to work with. He had one of the best rookie seasons ever. You don’t have a season that good without showing skills to work with.

It doesn’t mean he will be a franchise QB. But this myth that Dak has never shown any ability or skills is so stupid. People who believe the myth either have really short memories or an agenda. Because again, Dak player very very well for a rookie and showcased that he does have skills.

It’s putting it all together and being consistent that will determine his future. Which is something that happens with many young QB’s.

The jury is still out
He showed ability if you only look at it from the most basic standpoint. He played in a training wheels system that didn't ask him to do much of anything. The team played really well in 2016 vs a last place schedule and Dak happened to be a part of that so everyone is attributing him with all of this success. He did fine with what he was asked to do but none of that speaks to franchise QB ability.

HungryLion

Reaction score

Robert griffin the third failed in the nfl due to what’s in between his ears, and his lack of ability to stay healthy.

He certainly didn’t fail in the nfl due to a lack of physical skills.

HungryLion

Reaction score
He showed ability if you only look at it from the most basic standpoint. He played in a training wheels system that didn't ask him to do much of anything. The team played really well in 2016 vs a last place schedule and Dak happened to be a part of that so everyone is attributing him with all of this success. He did fine with what he was asked to do but none of that speaks to franchise QB ability.

The same could be said for every rookie QB, ever.

And your post is all opinion, not fact. There are plenty of knowledgeable people who would disagree with the assertion that he didn’t show any skills that speak to franchise QB ability.

condoin125

Reaction score
Robert griffin the third failed in the nfl due to what’s in between his ears, and his lack of ability to stay healthy.

I agree with you about his mind but I also think a lot of it had to do with his poor footwork/mechanics within the pocket.

condoin125

Reaction score
The same could be said for every rookie QB, ever.

And your post is all opinion, not fact. There are plenty of knowledgeable people who would disagree with the assertion that he didn’t show any skills that speak to franchise QB ability.
Who? The coaching staff that just about everyone here believes to be inept? Analysts on the different networks who we only conveniently quote when they agree with something we've said? The scouts agree with my assertions regarding Dak. And no, my post was not all opinion....it's very clear that the offense with Dak in 2016 was very kid friendly....if you watched that and thought otherwise then you're wasting your time trying to analyze this sport.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Griffin absolutely failed because of a lack of talent. You were fooled. I wasn't. The garbage gimmick offense he needed to run to account for his lack of skills had a short shelf life. It wasn't sustainable.

I see by your name you've learned nothing from it.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Griffin absolutely failed because of a lack of talent. You were fooled. I wasn't. The garbage gimmick offense he needed to run to account for his lack of skills had a short shelf life. It wasn't sustainable.

I see by your name you've learned nothing from it.

Robert griffin had all the physical talent in the world.

He was arrogant, uncoachable and had poor leadership skills. Most of his teammates couldn’t stand him and his entitled attitude. That has far more to do with his failure than any lack of physical ability.

JustChip

Reaction score

Go back and watch some of the 2016 games, in particular the Pittsburgh game. He was on target with a plethora of throws. That shows that accuracy isn't necessarily an issue. Now, maybe consistency is, but I've sat at the stadium and watched plenty of times Romo came out and was off target, especially high on balls. But then he settled down and was on target. The same has been true of Dak. I'm not passing judgement on Dak until after next year

Dak improved this year, not in accuracy for whatever reason, but reading defenses and adjusting. He moved Smith in the NY game on his long TD catch in response to what he saw with the defense. That's what you want from a young QB - to recognize and read the defense and adjust accordingly.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Who? The coaching staff that just about everyone here believes to be inept? Analysts on the different networks who we only conveniently quote when they agree with something we've said? The scouts agree with my assertions regarding Dak. And no, my post was not all opinion....it's very clear that the offense with Dak in 2016 was very kid friendly....if you watched that and thought otherwise then you're wasting your time trying to analyze this sport.

Everybody you just listed, along with every poster on this board have either the same or more qualifications that you do when it comes to “analyzing this sport”.

Also, the comments about the offense weren’t the opinion, the comments about Dak showing no starting quarterback skills was the opinion.

Again, of course the offense was friendly to a young QB. All rookie QB’s need the offense to be tailored to them. Everybody knows that. You aren’t enlightening anybody.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Go back and watch some of the 2016 games, in particular the Pittsburgh game. He was on target with a plethora of throws. That shows that accuracy isn't necessarily an issue. Now, maybe consistency is, but I've sat at the stadium and watched plenty of times Romo came out and was off target, especially high on balls. But then he settled down and was on target. The same has been true of Dak. I'm not passing judgement on Dak until after next year

There is some overanalyzing going on with Dak right now.

He missed a few throws so therefore he has no accuracy. Thats what you see on Cowboyszone.

I'm not going to act like the guy is Aikman but Dak isn't missing a lot of passes. He does need to improve but hes not erratic by any means.

condoin125

Reaction score

Dak improved this year, not in accuracy for whatever reason, but reading defenses and adjusting. He moved Smith in the NY game on his long TD catch in response to what he saw with the defense. That's what you want from a young QB - to recognize and read the defense and adjust accordingly.
He has hit on some throws here and there that he cannot hit on a regular basis....but being able to do it every once in a while doesn't mean you'll ever do it consistently. And as far as reading defenses goes, he didn't improve there. Your example is nice but he was tied for the league lead in pick sixes this past season and overall his Ints more than doubled. And as much as everyone else would like to, I'm not going to attribute those mistakes to the wide receivers on this team in order to save face for Dak.

HungryLion

Reaction score
There is some overanalyzing going on with Dak right now.

He missed a few throws so therefore he has no accuracy. Thats what you see on Cowboyszone.

I'm not going to act like the guy is Aikman but Dak isn't missing a lot of passes. He does need to improve but hes not erratic by any means.

Thank you Catch.

Dak completed 67.8% of his passes as a rookie. With a solid YPA average.

You don’t do that without throwing accurately fairly consistently. And you don’t do that simply because the “offense was simplified” or dumbed down for a rookie QB. Dak dropped a lot of dimes on really tough throws in his rookie season. It’s clear as day for all to see if anybody wants to watch the tape. Some people around here have really bad memories.

The question is, can he get back to that?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
He has hit on some throws here and there that he cannot hit on a regular basis....but being able to do it every once in a while doesn't mean you'll ever do it consistently. And as far as reading defenses goes, he didn't improve there. Your example is nice but he was tied for the league lead in pick sixes this past season and overall his Ints more than doubled. And as much as everyone else would like to, I'm not going to attribute those mistakes to the wide receivers on this team in order to save face for Dak.

He threw 13 picks this year. Not a big deal.

I also think he reads defenses very well. You see him go through his progressions and find the open man.

My problem with him is anticipation. He's so focused on not turning the ball over that he will not let the ball go until the WR is open instead of throwing it before they are open.