A star is born this season with Trey Lance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I'm at the point now that if that really is the plan why not just start him now and get a free look at him before the 25 season and his salary jumps,it would be a big mistake if he doesn't play at all this season..jmo
Because it is clearly not the plan.

Take a look a look at the Depth Chart.

Why is Mr Phenom listed as the 3rd QB, when some rookies that were just drafted are already listed as starters or 2nd string?

CWR

Reaction score
Why? What is the hurry. He will let it play out. There is plenty of time.
If you aren't building around Dak might as well begin rebuilding. I view anything else as a waste of a season. Plus Lance's contract will be up with him likely not seeing the field in that scenario. I'd rather him play and suck so we get a premium pick, for our next qb OR actually prove he's worth re-signing.

starfan1

Reaction score
Positivity!!!!
:laugh:
well Im positively not in favor of Lance being our starter based on past results but if he for some reason excells in preseason and wins the job if there is a competition then thats a good thing. That means hes taken the next step and Mccarthy believes hes the best person to take the cowboys further

I just dont see it but if it happens ill be screaming at the TV like have for the past for this team. both good and bad

Kwyn

Reaction score
Wow you really hate the kid. Such a hater
I would absolutely love it if I was wrong and would own it completely.

He just hasn’t shown anything, at any level, that indicates he’s got it in him. He was drafted based on physical measurables, not production.

All we did was take a flyer and I’ve actually defended that trade here repeatedly. I just have different expectations than those who think he could be an all-pro.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
We're not even sure he can beat out Rush for the back-up job........ lol

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
A bust to a Star is Born. I can see the headlines. Lol

leeblair

Reaction score
i will go with the consensus that this team will struggle as the foundation of my prediction

I believe this team still has the talent to win games. Playoffs should be a guarantee. In this watered down NFL. I do not believe they are hot garbage.

Having said that I believe they will struggle until Dak is replaced. There will be no more coddling from Dak's biggest fan, and that is saying something, Jerry. It is swim or sink for Dak but not for the Cowboys

Lance will eventually be given the reigns. He will salvage the season and the Cowboys will eek into the Playoffs and win a game or too and . . .

A Star will be born

I cannot wait for this season to start. It will be like a breath of fresh air
For Trey Lance to succeed would be one of the most impressive stories in the history of the NFL.
He has no veteran to guide him, and his collegiate experience was limited.
The Cowboys have lost sight of what made this franchise great, so Lance would have to excel on his own moxy and merits.
I wish the kid well, but he has an uphill battle ahead of him.

NotForLong

Reaction score
If you aren't building around Dak might as well begin rebuilding. I view anything else as a waste of a season. Plus Lance's contract will be up with him likely not seeing the field in that scenario. I'd rather him play and suck so we get a premium pick, for our next qb OR actually prove he's worth re-signing.
That just may happen. What do you have an issue with? That Jerry has not committed publicly yet

NotForLong

Reaction score
Why hasn’t he been released?
Why would they? They are paying him. What harm would it do to bench him over releasing him? Dak has already lost the locker room. There will be no mutiny. Besides he will be insurance in case Lance falls on his face you can always go back to Dak

NotForLong

Reaction score
I would absolutely love it if I was wrong and would own it completely.

He just hasn’t shown anything, at any level, that indicates he’s got it in him. He was drafted based on physical measurables, not production.

All we did was take a flyer and I’ve actually defended that trade here repeatedly. I just have different expectations than those who think he could be an all-pro.
It is fair. Jordan Love didn't show much either

NotForLong

Reaction score
We know fans are a terrible judge of player.....what did the 49ers front office think about him?
They felt that so many fans and even players preferred Lance but because of the success Purdyhad they decided to part ways with Lance so the locker room is not torn apart

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
They felt that so many fans and even players preferred Lance but because of the success Purdyhad they decided to part ways with Lance so the locker room is not torn apart
That makes no sense....you trade him away for a 4th in fear of your locker room being torn apart? Is that what those fans think? :laugh:

CWR

Reaction score
That just may happen. What do you have an issue with? That Jerry has not committed publicly yet
My issue is my intuition he will have done next to nothing this offseason via FA/coaching changes and will still extend Dak and magically expect a better result.

If that doesn't happen and he rides it out as is my issue will be as I said in the post prior. Its a wasted year, the Lance trade was for nothing, and we are picking in the middle of the draft hoping a qb falls.

Status
Not open for further replies.