A star is born this season with Trey Lance

Status
Not open for further replies.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
It’s a possibility. No one thought Dak would eventually replace Romo (even though two injuries caused it to happen). This is a team that went 5-1 without Dak when Rush took over, so unlike during Romo’s tenure when he was lost for the season was gone, there’s a possibility that Lance could play and do so without having to do too much. Dak is under pressure this year to win even more so than last year since his contract is running out.

BoysWin

Reaction score
i will go with the consensus that this team will struggle as the foundation of my prediction

I believe this team still has the talent to win games. Playoffs should be a guarantee. In this watered down NFL. I do not believe they are hot garbage.

Having said that I believe they will struggle until Dak is replaced. There will be no more coddling from Dak's biggest fan, and that is saying something, Jerry. It is swim or sink for Dak but not for the Cowboys

Lance will eventually be given the reigns. He will salvage the season and the Cowboys will eek into the Playoffs and win a game or too and . . .

A Star will be born

I cannot wait for this season to start. It will be like a breath of fresh air
DALLAS requires the very best QB Coach and not sure this staff has that coach

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
i will go with the consensus that this team will struggle as the foundation of my prediction

I believe this team still has the talent to win games. Playoffs should be a guarantee. In this watered down NFL. I do not believe they are hot garbage.

Having said that I believe they will struggle until Dak is replaced. There will be no more coddling from Dak's biggest fan, and that is saying something, Jerry. It is swim or sink for Dak but not for the Cowboys

Lance will eventually be given the reigns. He will salvage the season and the Cowboys will eek into the Playoffs and win a game or too and . . .

A Star will be born

Lance will suck big time, and we'll quickly realize there was a reason other teams with real GMs and pro scours didn't want anything to do with him.

Nice guy. Bad QB.

This is as baseless as predicting our 7th round pick will be a Hall Of Famer.

Hate when people take what they WANT to happen, and rephrase it into a prediction based on something in their head.

Whyjerry

Reaction score

A Star will be born

What is going on here???

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Dude, you've lost it!!!!!!!LOL!!!!!!! Lance won't beat out Rush or any other QB the Cowboys might sign going into the start of preseason. Lance was a WAY OVERPRICED draft pick of the 9ers who finally realized that the kid wasn't who they thought he was and found a wannabe GM who also overpaid to obtain the services of this WANNABE NFL QB who should have stayed in school instead of attempting to be something that he's not. Lance is an NFL BUST, heck this kid is no better than Ryan Leaf!
Seems like there are some Cowboys fans who are both in the camp of wanting the Cowboys to draft a QB in the first round to replace Dak. While also believing in the theory that Trey Lance can turn on a switch to become a very good to great QB for the Cowboys. Which is why I ask the question why do they want Jerry to draft a QB in the first round next season, if they truly think Lance is going to propel himself into a star NFL QB and turn take the Cowboys to the NFCCG and Super Bowl.

stuckindc

Reaction score
While I am not as against the possibility as the dak bots are, I do think it VERY unlikely we see Lance play much at all barring multi game injury to Dak.
Then at least give him all the preseason snaps.

stuckindc

Reaction score
Jerry is his biggest fan. Dak was putrid before the Bye. Then Mike figured out how to force CD the ball and the Stat man came alive.

Up until this point the only reason Dak is still here is because of Jerry His biggest Fan . . . Jerry is no longer a Fan
I think the GB game was it. Dak was shell shocked and JJ saw it

quickccc

Reaction score

A Star will be born

Wait til see what happens in August if Cowboys re-sign Dak to lucrative, record breaking new deal ....

if not, Dak will not re-sign here with Dallas ... and Trey Lance,
becomes new Cowboys starting QB,..

NotForLong

Reaction score
Lance will suck big time, and we'll quickly realize there was a reason other teams with real GMs and pro scours didn't want anything to do with him.

Nice guy. Bad QB.

This is as baseless as predicting our 7th round pick will be a Hall Of Famer.

Hate when people take what they WANT to happen, and rephrase it into a prediction based on something in their head.
Great analysis

NotForLong

Reaction score
What is going on here???
I believe Dak will struggle with the team as is. Then after Lance takes over the team will rally behind him and go on a winning streak including wins in the playoffs and then the Next Cowboys Star will emerge

NotForLong

Reaction score
I think the GB game was it. Dak was shell shocked and JJ saw it
He made Jerry want to crawl into a hole and hide but He couldn't so He had to sit there in the spot light for 3 hours . . . And I couldn't be more satisfied because this is all on Jerry

Jerry has seen it the whole time Dak has been here. He just refused to acknowledge it or accept it. Jerry held out hope that Dak would improve or somehow develope the skills he locked or the team could carry Dak

After Green Bay the delusion was over. Then he is faced with extension talks. Jerry is like "Yeah, OK"

Status
Not open for further replies.