A tidbit/rumor to share

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That would be insane. Like, not in a bad way. Just breaks every preconceived notion we've got about the organization and how it's run.
Yep, which is why I ain't buying. I do not think Booger is giving up the bright lights that easily.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dude, wake up. Its the Yacht.

Kidding, it makes perfect sense like you say. Jerry would have the perfect transition with his son as his proxy, McClay and Garrett as the smart guys in VP roles and then Richard stepping in as Head Coach with some of the best personal leadership qualities in the NFL.

That is a lot of sharp people in place to run things.

Another thing I can't help to think about. I've always felt this way about work-life balance. No matter how rich you may be, you can't buy time. We have only so much of it to enjoy on this world, rich or poor. If I had Jerry's money, I'd have retired a long, long time ago. He has only so much time left, does he want to soend it working until he drops? Or does he want go maybe step back and smell the roses? Seeing him purchase that hadn't gives me a smell the roses, enjoy the fruits of your labors vibe.

Otherwise, it's incredibly dumb to spend so much money on something you'll use so little.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
Is Polamalu interested in coaching? It would surprise me as I've felt he was much more of an athletic freelancer rather than a cerebral student of the game type.
As of right now, I think he's a director or some kind of executive in the AAF. He did come to Dallas early in the season to work with the secondary, so I'm sure the passion is still there.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Maybe Garrett takes a demotion to OC and Richard to HC. Stephen takes over the team and Clay becomes GM.

Im all for it , as long as Garrett steps aside , and maybe Richard can start to demand some accountability from Garrett .

panchucko

It's Back
Reaction score
My thought has been. Jerry is waiting to step down but he must win a super bowl first. Everyone still calls the 90s Super Bowls Jimmy Johnson’s. Once jerry proves he can build a team and win it all his job is done
He so wants to be a football man. He may not hang them up right after the win but the following year. He may want to try and win two

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As of right now, I think he's a director or some kind of executive in the AAF. He did come to Dallas early in the season to work with the secondary, so I'm sure the passion is still there.

I was unaware of that.

Sydla

Reaction score
That would be insane. Like, not in a bad way. Just breaks every preconceived notion we've got about the organization and how it's run.

Agreed.

But then again, this organization is the face of the NFL for strangeness. Bizarrely, this might actually fit in with the history of Jerry and this franchise. LOL.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If the money's the same, would you put up a stink? Think about it this way, McClay gets paid GM money without having to worry about getting fired for GM decisions. Sounds like a great gig if you can get it.
He's the defacto GM as it is.

Dre11

Reaction score
If the money's the same, would you put up a stink? Think about it this way, McClay gets paid GM money without having to worry about getting fired for GM decisions. Sounds like a great gig if you can get it.

He'll yeah, because he's been in waiting, turned down other GM jobs. The title is important for position growth.