A Wise Old Cowboy Once Told Me

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
SultanOfSix;2296659 said:
Wow. You're pathetic. The team that wins usually wants it more regardless if they have more, less, or equal talent. Is it proof? No. But, it is evidence.

Here's the reality of the situation: if my screen name here was MikeSmith and I wrote the exact same things regarding yesterday's loss, you wouldn't give a ****. Stalk away.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
bbgun;2296698 said:
I never said or implied otherwise, so I'm not sure why this is even an issue. I'm not worried about the 2008 Commanders. I'm worried about old weaknesses still demonizing the 2008 Cowboys.

There aint a whole lot of ways to lose a football game.

Your usually either going to get passed on or run on.

khiladi

Reaction score
bbgun;2296635 said:
Superior team? Beats me. They were certainly superior yesterday. The rest of the season will determine the "team" question. I'm upset because this team refuses to learn from its mistakes. Last year, the Skins almost beat us in Dallas with the short passing game and underneath routes. Yesterday was a carbon copy performance, despite the fact that Pac + Jenkins + Zach was supposed to put an end to that horse****. Woops.

I'll concede this point. This defensive performance was no different than last year. The only difference is this time, Jason Campbell didn't make the mistake of throwing it to Newman. The Commanders were quite effective in moving the ball last year, in the same manner.

This whole travesty of a performance lies squarely on the coaches. Wade is so stubborn in his philosophy, Parcells-like, he doesn't want to change, despite all the hot-air about how he fits scheme to his personnel.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
bbgun;2296707 said:
Here's the reality of the situation: if my screen name here was MikeSmith and I wrote the exact same things regarding yesterday's loss, you wouldn't give a ****. Stalk away.

Here's the reality of the situation: if my screen name was JoeBlow and I wrote the exact same things regarding yesterday's loss, you wouldn't give a ****. Stalk away.

The truth is, you wouldn't know what I would or wouldn't do. You've posted probably a hundred times prior to me responding to you in this thread since the last time I responded to you. Regardless, do you think internet personalities don't affect whether someone responds to posts or not? That still doesn't affect the argument.

Winning is evidence for wanting something more, especially if the team is on an equal or lesser talent level, which I would wager 99.9% of NFL personnel people believe the 'Skins are compared to the 'Boys. You're just arguing for the sake of arguing.

Dave the Sicilian

Reaction score
Hostile;2295641 said:
It doesn't matter how much mud and dust you kick up in the front stretch. It's how much mud and dust you're kicking up in the back stretch that counts.

See the 2007 New York Giants as an example. Started the season 0-2, got hot right when it mattered, and took care of business.

Yesterday sucked. I mean it really sucked. I get the added pleasure of checking the new accounts for approval. The number of new accounts with obvious Commanders fans is nauseating because any time one of them is registering after the game the chances are higher that is an account created just to be a troll.

I am among the people who think we needed to control the clock by establishing the run. This team excels when Barber is beating the defense to death and Felix is making them winded trying to catch him. That opens up the pass. I can't help but wonder in looking at how many times we looked to get the ball to TO if that wasn't over compensation for the Green Bay game. Whatever the reason was, I don't want to see that again.

I've been saying all off season and I still say Patrick Crayton is not a legit #2 WR and we need to solve that. I like Patrick. I just think he is a #3 guy at best. We don't have a #2 guy. If we did it would be too much for any defense to deal with.

Our Defense doesn't have enough pride or heart. A couple of guys play with fire. For the most part the concept seems to be "react fast to what the Offense does." I would rather see them have to react to what we are doing. We have some good personnel, but they aren't taking enough pride in how good they should be. There's no excuse for it.

For some reason we are playing better on the road than we are at home. That tells me this team believes in themselves too much and don't feel they have to prove themselves. That for some reason teams are going to come to Texas Stadium and roll over and play dead because the mighty Cowboys are at home. We haven't seen the mighty Cowboys at home yet. Instead they've been the drugstore Cowboys at home. That has to change.

I still believe we are the best team in the NFL, when we have our heads in the game and play with some heart. I still believe the Super Bowl goes through Texas Stadium. I also believe this team needs to pull their heads out of a dark, smelly place and play with some fire.

Any given Sunday. There's a mantra I hate today. I don't think the better team won the game. I do think the team that wanted it more did. That is what really pisses me off.

I'll trade the crash yesterday for kicking it into overdrive in the backstretch of this season. First I need to see that there is even going to be a hard drive to finish.

I said it before the game and I will say it again. I don't care if we cover the point spreads or not. That doesn't mean jack to me. I do care that we show up and act like we want to play. Yesterday, I didn't see that desire. I saw a team going through the motions and thinking they could win on press clippings.

The next three games are tune ups the next big test, the Gaints. Luckily the next big test is on the road. I said I don't care about point spreads and I don't. None of the next three teams should get within single digits when the final gun sounds. If they do, I am going to have doubts about that backstretch ever becoming a reality.

We can be the best team int eh NFL this season. Not if we flat line it like yesterday. we need to go for the jugular. Nothing would make me happier the next three weeks than to see the game end in the Victory formation. Brad Johnson taking a knee.

I think it's a perfect review of what is happening and which is the way to follow...

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
This isn't about Wade not being tough enough or not spewing the right kind of rah*rah.

This team has it in them to have a modern version of the Cowboys 1971 season.

They just have to learn from their lumps, learn to play with unrelenting intensity and focus, and step it up when things matter most (come late season and playoffs).