AAF football operations will be suspended

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
To develop international players they need a lot more coaching on basic fundamentals, technique, football strategy, probably a lot of other things we take for granted. To really develop them, they need reps and real playing time and that's just not something they will get enough of as a PS player. NFL teams are already limited in practice time in training players that are "NFL ready", much less players still learning the game.

Oh, I agree that PS may not be enough, but they'd at least get some reps in preseason before that, would they not? I mean, Obada seems to have become a decent player. It took him a few stops, but he looked quite good in Carolina. I wonder if we could find someone similar like that in the German league. I think it's worth a go.

Rayman70

Reaction score
They're big. Up to 2 feet long. Weigh up to 8 or 9 lbs. When you scare them up, they run for a while before they start hopping. Taste like crap. They're actually hares, not rabbits.
HMM..OK I DIDNT KNOW THAT. Hares...ok. They sure do have a unique look to em. First time I encountered one. I have seen them out west in the deserts of California..but they look different in the face/snout. The one I saw as real close to 2 feet long easily. Pretty neat stuff. I am use to seeing wild turkey, Deer, WILD HOGS and on. Even saw a wolf once here. Was pretty darn large. Thanks for the feed back and info.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
its just greed by Goodell and the owners & sponsors. Take money outta the equation, and clearly the product the AAF put onto the field was pretty dang good. The NFL simply felt threatened and didn't wanna give up a piece of the football/profit pie. Its simple math in the end. GREED.

Oh yes, the product was quite good. Though, it was obviously never going to touch the NFL.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
The only way a sub league will ever be successful is if it’s structured like the MLB minor leagues.
If there was a direct relationship to each NFL team, and you had a limit of how many players you could call up every year, it would work.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
its ashame the Nfl didn't take this league under their wing and cultivate it and make it like the D league of the NBA. Would have made sense.

Exactly right, but, of course, the greed of the NFL blinded them to that possibility. Which is why I brought up my alternative. Maybe it won't work, but at least the International Leagues are a bit out of the reach for the NFL to screw over.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
What a fool and idiot this kid was.

If he just toned down his act and wasn't such a dumb partier, he'd be collecting NFL backup QB checks right now.

Talk about pissing away money.
He’s not pissing away money, well maybe he is, but so are his parents for funding his failures.

Rayman70

Reaction score
The only way a sub league will ever be successful is if it’s structured like the MLB minor leagues.
If there was a direct relationship to each NFL team, and you had a limit of how many players you could call up every year, it would work.
what bugs me about the MLB organization is they have no cap. Look at the player salaries. Are ya kidding me? 350 mil? lmao..for 1 player?!!!!! At what point does it stop being the average guys sport? Its gonna price out folks. I actually think the NBA model for capping salaries( like a soft cap) is the way to go. IE...luxury taxes etc...which is a good idea. MLB has a big problem on there hands and one day the NFL will need to change its business model SOME.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
He’s not pissing away money, well maybe he is, but so are his parents for funding his failures.

You know? This may seem out there, but Manziel might actually be a suitable candidate for a spell in the German Football League. Not a big name league and all, but might help him to get back on track. Plus, if he's always wanted to be on a team that shares our team name, Munich might be able to help him there.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
what bugs me about the MLB organization is they have no cap. Look at the player salaries. Are ya kidding me? 350 mil? lmao..for 1 player?!!!!! At what point does it stop being the average guys sport? Its gonna price out folks. I actually think the NBA model for capping salaries( like a soft cap) is the way to go. IE...luxury taxes etc...which is a good idea. MLB has a big problem on there hands and one day the NFL will need to change its business model SOME.
Agree and why I said a limit on called up players, even a bare bone limit of maybe 2 max annually would still generate mass nfl fan interest.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
yup pure greed..thats all it is.

Yup, which is why the X-League and GFL make sense to me for the Cowboys to poach a player from once in a while to take advantage of the International PS player rule. I mean, the German WR Moriz Boehringer (My German friends say that if I can't put the two dots over the letter that oe is an acceptable way to spell it) that got drafted by the Vikings was clearly good enough for the Vikings to consider drafting him. He's currently a Tight End for the Bengals (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moritz_Böhringer). So, he's at least managed for the last 4 years to be on the bubble of 2 NFL teams. I can't help but wonder if there are similarly talented players that we could offer a chance to.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
The regular season isn't even over yet. This is sad.

Yeah that really sucks. I figured something like this would at least make one full season.

What a fool and idiot this kid was.

If he just toned down his act and wasn't such a dumb partier, he'd be collecting NFL backup QB checks right now.

Talk about pissing away money.

Sounds like he pissed away his relationship too (from what I happened to see on the interwebs a few days ago)

Tussinman

Reaction score
Viewership was doing good enough to where some of the CBS Sports games where flexing to national CBS and TNT.

They where suppose to flex a game this Saturday on national CBS and it was going to be a tie in to NCAA final four.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
You know? This may seem out there, but Manziel might actually be a suitable candidate for a spell in the German Football League. Not a big name league and all, but might help him to get back on track. Plus, if he's always wanted to be on a team that shares our team name, Munich might be able to help him there.
Good thoughts, and what’s most depressing is throwing away a god given natural ability, not the money.

Rayman70

Reaction score
wonder when the next MLB player salary reaches 500 mil? Next year? its coming guys...unless they do something, the players are gonna bankrupt teams. Like any business, there are limits and those limits need to be set and known to the players in advance. MLB better do something to reign in this stuff. In our lifetime we could actually see MLB temporarily fold and reinvent themselves... with each team having parameters of a salary cap. It needs to be a soft cap like the NBA. The NFL model of a hard cap is a bit restrictive and I think if the NFL can take a lesson from the NBA model, its what I said. I think teams will be more able to keep their own players that way long term.thus we would see more dynasties like we use to.

cern

Reaction score
HMM..OK I DIDNT KNOW THAT. Hares...ok. They sure do have a unique look to em. First time I encountered one. I have seen them out west in the deserts of California..but they look different in the face/snout. The one I saw as real close to 2 feet long easily. Pretty neat stuff. I am use to seeing wild turkey, Deer, WILD HOGS and on. Even saw a wolf once here. Was pretty darn large. Thanks for the feed back and info.
Spring turkey season opened Saturday. I took 2 sunday. Then Monday saw the largest aoudad ever on my property. Only had a shotgun. Could only watch.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Good thoughts, and what’s most depressing is throwing away a god given natural ability, not the money.

Agreed, though, what's funny is that I think some of those German teams could at least hold their own if not beat the AAF teams. I'd love to see the Munich Cowboys play the Memphis Express (his old team). I think Munich would win that game, for example. It's a shame that Manziel has thrown away as much God-given talent as he has, but the GFL might not be that much of a drop for him. Plus, for once, he wouldn't be going to the worst team in a pro football league. Munich's usually quite good.