**Aaron Hernandez charged with murder/released by Pats** - Update post #247

hra8700

Reaction score
Yakuza Rich;5102821 said:
And your sense of personal ethics says hello, right back.

If he had nothing to do with it, he could easily just tell the police what he knows and be done with it. The police have stated that they don't look at him as a suspect and I doubt that they went into it looking take down a Patriots player.

YR

Ive never committed a crime and dont have anything in my house of any importance, but I would never allow a police officer to search amything of mine without a warrant and I wouldnt allow being questioned without a lawyer present...under any circumstances.

Dont be so quick in presuming guilt. These are basic civil liberties. False accusations happen. Period.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Yakuza Rich;5102821 said:
And your sense of personal ethics says hello, right back.

If he had nothing to do with it, he could easily just tell the police what he knows and be done with it. The police have stated that they don't look at him as a suspect and I doubt that they went into it looking take down a Patriots player.

YR

I agree.

Right to remain silent doesn't explain why someone would, just gives them a legal backing if doing so.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
hra8700;5102831 said:
Ive never committed a crime and dont have anything in my house of any importance, but I would never allow a police officer to search amything of mine without a warrant and I wouldnt allow being questioned without a lawyer present...under any circumstances.

Dont be so quick in presuming guilt. These are basic civil liberties. False accusations happen. Period.

1. Being 'uncooperative' doesn't mean that they are not being allowed to check his house. Because he was uncooperative, they then decided to get a warrant and check his place out. Essentially, he cut his nose to spite his face. They asked him questions and he wouldn't answer them which now made things peculiar.

2. If you have nothing to hide, then you shouldn't have a problem answering a few questions. An interrogation is a different situation. But refusing to answer a few questions at your own home is suspicious.

YR

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ted Daniel ‏@TedDanielFOX25 1h
FOX 25 will be breaking exclusive new info on N. Attleboro homicide and New England Patriot Aaron Hernandez at 10 and 11. #fox25
LAW SOURCE places Hernandez and victim in two locations. We will also have new info re: forensic evidence in this case. #fox25
LAW SOURCE: Aaron Hernandez was driver of a vehicle Odin LLoyd and 2 others in. Lloyd found dead one mile from Hernandez home.
2 LAW SOURCES: Homicide victim Odin Lloyd sent text to a friend that included a reference to Aaron Hernandez.
LAW SOURCE: 4 men together in vehicle. Only 3 return to Aaron Hernandez's home. Odin Lloyd NOT one of them. #fox25
LAW SOURCE: Forensic evidence places vehicle "driven by" Aaron Hernandez at "crime scene". Don't know what scene that is.

Ted Daniel ‏@TedDanielFOX25 8m
Hernandez remains in his 1.3 million dollar home tonight. His mom came today from CT. Law firm repping him had no comment. #fox25

Hoofbite

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;5102876 said:
FOX 25 will be breaking exclusive new info on N. Attleboro homicide and New England Patriot Aaron Hernandez at 10 and 11. #fox25
LAW SOURCE places Hernandez and victim in two locations. We will also have new info re: forensic evidence in this case. #fox25
LAW SOURCE: Aaron Hernandez was driver of a vehicle Odin LLoyd and 2 others in. Lloyd found dead one mile from Hernandez home.
2 LAW SOURCES: Homicide victim Odin Lloyd sent text to a friend that included a reference to Aaron Hernandez.
LAW SOURCE: 4 men together in vehicle. Only 3 return to Aaron Hernandez's home. Odin Lloyd NOT one of them. #fox25
LAW SOURCE: Forensic evidence places vehicle "driven by" Aaron Hernandez at "crime scene". Don't know what scene that is.

I'm not sure what all this means but if he had anything to do with it he's likely one of the dumbest people on Earth.

Wheeltax

Reaction score
This is only tangentially related, but it's something everyone should watch and be informed about - a law professor (former defense attorney) and then police officer explaining why you should never talk to police:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc

Re: Hernandez, it sounds like he doesn't exactly have a squeaky clean record...but I'd be surprised to see anything happen to him. Probably another Ray Lewis situation.

honyock

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;5102876 said:

Good grief. That does not paint a very good picture for Hernandez.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Full story

Source: Pats' TE Hernandez directly tied to homicide investigation

NORTH ATTLEBORO, Mass. (MyFoxBoston.com) – Authorities returned to the sprawling North Attleboro home of Patriots' TE Aaron Hernandez Wednesday and searched the surrounding neighborhood and its streets as part of their homicide investigation, police said.

Police confirmed Wednesday night that the body found near Hernandez's home Monday was that of 27-year-old Odin Lloyd, of Dorchester. His death has been deemed a homicide.

A law enforcement official tells FOX 25 Hernandez appears to be directly tied to the homicide which is why authorities executed a search warrant at his home Tuesday night. According to the same source, Hernandez, Lloyd, and two other men were at a bar in Boston the night of the homicide, and at some point, the four men left together in a car driven by Hernandez which was confirmed by a text Lloyd sent another friend, the source says.

It is unclear where the car went or what happened during the ride, but according to the source only three men returned to Hernandez's home at the end of the night and Lloyd was not one of them.

Read more: http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/22...s-te-hernandez-ruled-a-homicide#ixzz2Wir0c5Ke

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Wheeltax;5102880 said:
This is only tangentially related, but it's something everyone should watch and be informed about - a law professor (former defense attorney) and then police officer explaining why you should never talk to police:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc

Re: Hernandez, it sounds like he doesn't exactly have a squeaky clean record...but I'd be surprised to see anything happen to him. Probably another Ray Lewis situation.

The police talk to people every day. Not shocker that a guy who spent a good portion of his career defending people would advocate for such things. The vast majority of people he has dealt with are suspected enough of guilt to actually seek out his services.

Innocent or guilty, the truth will more often than not come out either way. Obfuscating the truth is a good way to invite a giant hassel and rack up a pretty bill by having someone speak on your behalf.

SilverStarCowboy

The Actualist
Reaction score
He was accused of shooting someone else in the face, this person is dead because he was shot in the face, obviously he had nothing to to with it.

Rogah

Reaction score
WoodysGirl;5102792 said:
Is that's what's circulating now? Hadn't seen that anywhere.
That's one of the versions circulating, which explains why the guy who was shot didn't, like, actually call the police or anything like that.

hra8700

Reaction score
Yakuza Rich;5102872 said:
1. Being 'uncooperative' doesn't mean that they are not being allowed to check his house. Because he was uncooperative, they then decided to get a warrant and check his place out. Essentially, he cut his nose to spite his face. They asked him questions and he wouldn't answer them which now made things peculiar.

2. If you have nothing to hide, then you shouldn't have a problem answering a few questions. An interrogation is a different situation. But refusing to answer a few questions at your own home is suspicious.

YR

1. Not answering questions to a police officer cant be used as basis for a warrant. They must have had just cause before they even talked to him.

2. If a cop asked me any question about any crime unless it was something like "did you hear a loud noise from your neighbors house last night" or "did you see anything peculiar last noght" i would not answer. Certainly if a cop asked me about the murder of a friend I would not answer without getting a lawyer. Period. Too many people have gotten amanda knox'd over the years.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Gemini Dolly;5102890 said:
@SIPeteThamel: Fox 25 also reports the murder is "drug related, specifically marijuana."

I thought marijuana never hurt anyone. :laugh1:

Hernandez failed several tests while in college, which is a reason he dropped a bit in the draft.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
joseephuss;5102946 said:
I thought marijuana never hurt anyone. :laugh1:

Hernandez failed several tests while in college, which is a reason he dropped a bit in the draft.

The mary jane shot him? ;) :p:

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
hra8700;5102910 said:
1. Not answering questions to a police officer cant be used as basis for a warrant. They must have had just cause before they even talked to him.

Search warrants are easy to get. If you refuse to talk to the police, the police can request a search warrant and give a myriad of reasons why they requested it. They'll claim they saw something suspicious in the window or the back yard and some cops are not afraid to make something up just to get the search warrant. They'll get that search warrant quick enough and it would have been prevented had he been cooperative.

2. If a cop asked me any question about any crime unless it was something like "did you hear a loud noise from your neighbors house last night" or "did you see anything peculiar last noght" i would not answer. Certainly if a cop asked me about the murder of a friend I would not answer without getting a lawyer. Period. Too many people have gotten amanda knox'd over the years.

Amanda Knox took place over in Italy and their investigation rules and regulations are completely different than they are in the US.

I believe we'll find out that Hernandez was being uncooperative because he had something to do with it.

YR

dirtycallahan

Reaction score
He should probably be more concerned with the cooperation of the other 2 that were there. The last to cooperate usually gets the most time.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Might be drug related. I also heard a rumor that the guy who got killed also slapped his girlfriend around. Hernandez is dating the sister of the girlfriend who allegedly got slapped around by the murder victim.

Pats are having a very bad off-season. First the Wes Welker signing fiasco. Then Kraft accuses Putin of stealing his super bowl ring and backtracks. Gronk needs multiple surgeries and might not be ready for the opener. Hernandez gets sued for shooting someone in the face and is 'associated' with a murder victim 1 mile from his house in a car rented by Hernandez.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ninja;5102979 said:
Might be drug related. I also heard a rumor that the guy who got killed also slapped his girlfriend around. Hernandez is dating the sister of the girlfriend who allegedly got slapped around by the murder victim.

Pats are having a very bad off-season. First the Wes Welker signing fiasco. Then Kraft accuses Putin of stealing his super bowl ring and backtracks. Gronk needs multiple surgeries and might not be ready for the opener. Hernandez gets sued for shooting someone in the face and is 'associated' with a murder victim 1 mile from his house in a car rented by Hernandez.

Don't forget Rolando McClain.