Twitter: Aaron Rodgers: Dak Prescott has become one of my favorite Quarterbacks to watch

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Wow, Rogers has really triggered the haters It’s fun to watch the meltdowns. This guy has reverted to a one word vocabulary!
Dak Dak Dak Dak Dak Dak Dak Dak
Dak Dak Dak Dak Dak Dak Dak Dak....is that better? Did that get you off? Of course it did.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I actually am a non practicing lawyer ironically but I now own my own legal Recruitment company.

Please explain in great detail why it's a horrible take? I'm genuinely interested.

I agree Hurts played better last season but in reality had he not got injured he likely wins MVP - he was strong favourite the game before he injured his shoulder. With that said, Hurts has been clutch this season and made the key plays when required to help the team win games. If you are unable to see this then you need to open your eyes. Team record is a big factor in MVP as well.

Do the Eagles have a defender that has made 6 pick 6s or a top 3 defender (some rate Parsons as the best defender) in the league? I.e., have a day off.

Furthermore, Hurts has the Giants x 2 and the Cardinals to come where he will fill his boots and massage individual stats with circa 15 touchdowns against bad teams - like Prescott has done of late.

Aside from the Chargers game, which game(s) would the Cowboys have lost with Rush as QB in your opinion? Bearing in mind he's 5-1 as the starting QB over the past two seasons even though he's effectively a practice squad QB.
again hurts has the most complete offense ..this is not even up for debate from O-line to WR to RB to TE, again saying "There are other QB's who may mean more to thier team than Dak" can be argued with strong cases..Hurts is not one of them, he is not throwing them to wins at all...do you really feel like Bland's pix 6's are the reasons we won those games? or were they great plays that added points to blow out wins? Are you saying the Eagles defense is considered bad? Try again man thats a horrible take on every angle...Josh Allen, Pat Mahomes, for sure Herbert..thats just a start of QB's who mean WAY more to thier teams success than hurts...

irishline

Reaction score
Only 1 team out of 32 teams wins a Super Bowl every year.
I am enjoying the season, as I always do. With that in mind, how about 28 out of 32 teams have made a championship game in the last 27 years. I will let you guess which side of that equation we are on. At some point the 12-5 seasons, with a divisional round (or earlier) playoff exit, have become the unfortunate expectation for happiness, and that in itself is sad.

That all being said, I don't disagree with the premise of the post and the positive aspects behind it (so you get a like).

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
grump old man!
I bet he walked uphill back and forth to school in 6 feet of snow while carrying a heavy backpack, a bunch of logs to heat the home and some bricks to fix the walkway. oh, yeah I forgot he had no gloves and was bare foot
Come on, guys. Let's have a little appreciation and respect for our bud...

Screenshot-20231107-194106-Chrome.jpg

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
grumpy old man!
I bet he walked uphill back and forth to school in 6 feet of snow while carrying a heavy backpack, a bunch of logs to heat the home and some bricks to fix the walkway. oh, yeah I forgot he had no gloves and was bare foot
WTH? Wow...I did not know that? I just got back from the recording studio and checked in and I'm getting dogged by everyone?

Yeah, I get in a pisses mood when it comes to getting ready to record some "Blues Three Times" with my band (Bad Influence Garage), we try and get it right but it comes out wrong, so I come home to log on to the Cowboy forum to relax and I get this? Well now what?

Am I a hater or a lover? Am I the troll you want?
you can't forget me even if you try,
just a simple good word says good bye.

I need a beer and a bowl of devil weed...
go somewhere else where they don't make fun of me. Later baby...it's time to fly.

Tomorrow I have to figure out how to watch the game on Amazon, I have not been interested on Thursday games until tomorrow.

Hmm, I forgot who even plays tomorrow.

Now, please keep telling me about my life...it's all true. How about you...

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
WTH? Wow...I did not know that? I just got back from the recording studio and checked in and I'm getting dogged by everyone?

Yeah, I get in a pisses mood when it comes to getting ready to record some "Blues Three Times" with my band (Bad Influence Garage), we try and get it right but it comes out wrong, so I come home to log on to the Cowboy forum to relax and I get this? Well now what?

Am I a hater or a lover? Am I the troll you want?
you can't forget me even if you try,
just a simple good word says good bye.

I need a beer and a bowl of devil weed...
go somewhere else where they don't make fun of me. Later baby...it's time to fly.

Tomorrow I have to figure out how to watch the game on Amazon, I have not been interested on Thursday games until tomorrow.

Hmm, I forgot who even plays tomorrow.

Now, please keep telling me about my life...it's all true. How about you...
have a beer my friend. you just didn't seem to be in a good mood. have a second one on me.

Swagger

Reaction score
again hurts has the most complete offense ..this is not even up for debate from O-line to WR to RB to TE, again saying "There are other QB's who may mean more to thier team than Dak" can be argued with strong cases..Hurts is not one of them, he is not throwing them to wins at all...do you really feel like Bland's pix 6's are the reasons we won those games? or were they great plays that added points to blow out wins? Are you saying the Eagles defense is considered bad? Try again man thats a horrible take on every angle...Josh Allen, Pat Mahomes, for sure Herbert..thats just a start of QB's who mean WAY more to thier teams success than hurts...
The Eagles' Secondary is bad and arguably very bad. Last season the Eagles' defense conceded 38 points against the Chiefs. They were gutted apart. Whether that was the scheme, personnel, Mahomes, Andy Read or a combination of all the above is up for debate. What I do know is that an elite defense does not give up 38 points in a Superbowl.

Overall, I think the Cowboys have a better defense than the Eagles. If the Eagles' pass rush doesn't get to the QB then trouble beckons. Jalen Carter has done a fantastic job this season but they are so reliant upon him through the middle imo given their questionable linebackers.

There's no point having a quality offense if the defense isn't up to it as the Cowboys found out in 2014 and the Eagles last season. People get too caught up in stats. The Eagles' defense put up fancy stats during the regular season last year with x number of sacks but when it mattered in the Superbowl they were nowhere to be seen whereas Hurts and the Eagles offense put up 35 points after an MVP calibre regular season.

Hurts' arm is not solely winning games for the Eagles. It's his dual threat of course as he has been fantastic with his wheels especially in picking up key first downs. He throws a nice deep ball, he's the king of the tush push and he has made key throws to Devonta Smith in recent clutch wins over the Chiefs and Bills. The Eagles are 14-0 against teams with a winning record and his contribution has been making countless double digit comeback wins against several of those teams. For someone to not appreciate his importance to the above would involve assertions without any actual evidence.

What we do have to go on is Hurts was 14-1 in the regular season in 2022 (he played great in the loss vs Washington but Goedert turned over the ball when it should have been a flag and from memory AJ Brown had the ball stripped as did another receiver and those plays lost the game not Hurts). Gardner Minshew - a solid NFL starting QB went 0-2 as the starter. Interestingly he's 4-3 as the starting QB for the Colts this season.

Hurts is obviously 10-1 this season. 24-2 over the past two regular seasons.

Prescott was 8-4 last season (practice squad QB Rush was 4-1 as starting QB) and 8-3 this season. 16-7 over the past two seasons. Interestingly, Kurt Cousins often compared to Dak Prescott is 17-8 as starter of the VIkings over the same period.

If we go down individual stats:

This season Prescott has 23 TDs, 6 Ints plus 2 rushing TDs. 25 total TDs.
Last season he had 23 TDs to 15 Ints plus 1 rushing TD. 24 total TDs.
2 seasons:
46 TDs (49 TDs including rushing)
21 Ints.

Hurts is 18 TDs, 10 Ints plus 11 rushing rushing TDs. 29 total TDs.
Last season he had 22 TDs, 6 Ints plus 13 rushing TDs. 35 total TDs.
2 seasons
40 TDs (64 TDs including rushing).
16 Ints.

2020 the Eagles had a bad roster. They won 4 games. Hurts started a few games towards the end. Wentz had been the starter. He joined the Colts - with Reich as Head Coach who went 9-8 with personal stats of 27 TDs and 7 Ints. Wentz has his weaknesses but he was made a scapegoat that season and look at the state of the Colts since. 2021 the Eagles were decimated with injuries including to the offensive line yet still made the play offs with an 8-7 record as Hurts starting. The rest is above. It's evident to comprehend the impact Hurts has on the team.

Prescott has played great since the 49ers and Cardinals games but his impact on actual results aside from the Chargers game is questionable to me. Even back in 2020 he went 1-3 in games he started and finished whilst Dalton went 4-4 in games he started and finished. The defense improved greatly as the season went on which benefitted Dalton but be also played with an even more banged up o-line than Prescott.

The reason I haven't mentioned other quarterbacks like Stroud and Wilson - both playing to high levels on weaker rosters, is because team record is a key factor to MVP and therefore they have no shot.

Bland scoring 6 pick 6s this season and having one of the best defenders in the entire league over the past three seasons doesn't win games on their own but it sure does help!

Final point. I remember when Romo was considering joining another team he was asked what he wanted and he said words to the effect of, "a good defense".
Brady, Peyton and Big Ben all won a Superbowl or Superbowls mainly down to their teams' defense and Brady also lost one to the Eagles because of it. Seattle won a Superbowl because of their defense with Wilson chipping in. The Cowboys have a shot at the Superbowl this season because of its defense - Prescott will have to chip in of course. Conversely I don't think the Eagles have the defense to win the Superbowl. It cost them last season in the big one itself and imo it will do the same at some point this season regardless of what Hurts does at QB.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
The Eagles' Secondary is bad and arguably very bad. Last season the Eagles' defense conceded 38 points against the Chiefs. They were gutted apart. Whether that was the scheme, personnel, Mahomes, Andy Read or a combination of all the above is up for debate. What I do know is that an elite defense does not give up 38 points in a Superbowl.

Overall, I think the Cowboys have a better defense than the Eagles. If the Eagles' pass rush doesn't get to the QB then trouble beckons. Jalen Carter has done a fantastic job this season but they are so reliant upon him through the middle imo given their questionable linebackers.

There's no point having a quality offense if the defense isn't up to it as the Cowboys found out in 2014 and the Eagles last season. People get too caught up in stats. The Eagles' defense put up fancy stats during the regular season last year with x number of sacks but when it mattered in the Superbowl they were nowhere to be seen whereas Hurts and the Eagles offense put up 35 points after an MVP calibre regular season.

Hurts' arm is not solely winning games for the Eagles. It's his dual threat of course as he has been fantastic with his wheels especially in picking up key first downs. He throws a nice deep ball, he's the king of the tush push and he has made key throws to Devonta Smith in recent clutch wins over the Chiefs and Bills. The Eagles are 14-0 against teams with a winning record and his contribution has been making countless double digit comeback wins against several of those teams. For someone to not appreciate his importance to the above would involve assertions without any actual evidence.

What we do have to go on is Hurts was 14-1 in the regular season in 2022 (he played great in the loss vs Washington but Goedert turned over the ball when it should have been a flag and from memory AJ Brown had the ball stripped as did another receiver and those plays lost the game not Hurts). Gardner Minshew - a solid NFL starting QB went 0-2 as the starter. Interestingly he's 4-3 as the starting QB for the Colts this season.

Hurts is obviously 10-1 this season. 24-2 over the past two regular seasons.

Prescott was 8-4 last season (practice squad QB Rush was 4-1 as starting QB) and 8-3 this season. 16-7 over the past two seasons. Interestingly, Kurt Cousins often compared to Dak Prescott is 17-8 as starter of the VIkings over the same period.

If we go down individual stats:

This season Prescott has 23 TDs, 6 Ints plus 2 rushing TDs. 25 total TDs.
Last season he had 23 TDs to 15 Ints plus 1 rushing TD. 24 total TDs.
2 seasons:
46 TDs (49 TDs including rushing)
21 Ints.

Hurts is 18 TDs, 10 Ints plus 11 rushing rushing TDs. 29 total TDs.
Last season he had 22 TDs, 6 Ints plus 13 rushing TDs. 35 total TDs.
2 seasons
40 TDs (64 TDs including rushing).
16 Ints.

2020 the Eagles had a bad roster. They won 4 games. Hurts started a few games towards the end. Wentz had been the starter. He joined the Colts - with Reich as Head Coach who went 9-8 with personal stats of 27 TDs and 7 Ints. Wentz has his weaknesses but he was made a scapegoat that season and look at the state of the Colts since. 2021 the Eagles were decimated with injuries including to the offensive line yet still made the play offs with an 8-7 record as Hurts starting. The rest is above. It's evident to comprehend the impact Hurts has on the team.

Prescott has played great since the 49ers and Cardinals games but his impact on actual results aside from the Chargers game is questionable to me. Even back in 2020 he went 1-3 in games he started and finished whilst Dalton went 4-4 in games he started and finished. The defense improved greatly as the season went on which benefitted Dalton but be also played with an even more banged up o-line than Prescott.

The reason I haven't mentioned other quarterbacks like Stroud and Wilson - both playing to high levels on weaker rosters, is because team record is a keyca factor to MVP and therefore they have no shot.

Bland scoring 6 pick 6s this season and having one of the best defenders in the entire league over the past three seasons doesn't win games on their own but it sure does help!

Final point. I remember when Romo was considering joining another team he was asked what he wanted and he said words to the effect of, "a good defense".
Brady, Peyton and Big Ben all won a Superbowl or Superbowls mainly down to their teams' defense and Brady also lost one to the Eagles because of it. Seattle won a Superbowl because of their defense with Wilson chipping in. The Cowboys have a shot at the Superbowl this season because of its defense - Prescott will have to chip in of course. Conversely I don't think the Eagles have the defense to win the Superbowl. It cost them last season in the big one itself and imo it will do the same at some point this season regardless of what Hurts does at QB.
i mean yeah its a ton of words.... none of it disputes that Hurts is way down the list of best players on his team ....again there is no argument Hurts is MVP if its most valuable player on a team... not compared to QB's who literally play with nothing close to what Hurtz has and actually carry an offense. again swap Herbert and Hurtz...would the records change in favor of the Chargers? no way

rambo2

Reaction score
If it were not for that fatal flaw of choking the big games Dak would be the perfect QB. That's why MM was looking to lessen the load on Dak though it appears they're actually more reliant on him now than ever before. If they can successfully navigate this next stretch of games maybe it will boost his confidence and improve his crisis decision making.
All of the games are big now. Every single one, including the Seattle game tomorrow.