Aaron Rodgers deal is "essentially done" if he decides he wants to be traded to the Jets

Flamma

Reaction score
Who else has made a play for him? Right now he’s up for trade and the Jets are the only ones that have stepped up so far. They really don’t make any sense because they’re more than a QB away. Really doesn’t make sense for him or them.
I agree with you. But if you listen to the NY area sports radio, they think the opposite. They also mentioned that the Jets are acquiring him without giving up much, and at a reduced salary. They say this based on one of those shows he goes on. I forget the guy's name. That Rodgers knows that he can't go to the Jets with his current contract. Sounds crazy, but that's the mindset around here. If it turns out to be the opposite, people around here are going to be angry to say the least.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I agree with you. But if you listen to the NY area sports radio, they think the opposite. They also mentioned that the Jets are acquiring him without giving up much, and at a reduced salary. They say this based on one of those shows he goes on. I forget the guy's name. That Rodgers knows that he can't go to the Jets with his current contract. Sounds crazy, but that's the mindset around here. If it turns out to be the opposite, people around here are going to be angry to say the least.
Just watching Aaron Rodgers frustration level last season, can only imagine the frustration he’s going to endure with the Jets if he ends up with them. His career will not end well in New York.

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
I just want Dallas to bring in Zach Wilson as QB #2, taking over the starting job in 2024.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
He must be after the money. I mean, reasons NOT to go to the Jets:

1. Just as cold many times as Green Bay.
2. Jets haven't been to the SB but once, and that over 50 years ago. Team is obviously either cursed or has had, and still has, the absoulte worst front office ever.
3. Jets fans aren't loyal like Packers' fans are, they'll turn on their own players in (pun intended) a New York minute.
4. The New York press is brutal, Rodgers doesn't appear to have all that thick a skin, he's in for a rough time if Rodgers doesn't bring the Jets to glory (of course a couple of playoff wins is pretty much glory days for them :laugh:)

Oh well, nothing to me whatever he does....

exciter

Reaction score
if he goes there i’m sure they’ll get OBJ or maybe DHop
And why would they do that? They have 2 good, up and coming WRs. Why bring in an overpriced, injury riddled player whose in rapid decline? Not everyone is so simplistic they want a player because they’ve heard his name!

Flamma

Reaction score
Just watching Aaron Rodgers frustration level last season, can only imagine the frustration he’s going to endure with the Jets if he ends up with them. His career will not end well in New York.
If that offensive line plays like they did when Mike White was in there, Rodgers will be making a lot of business decisions.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If that offensive line plays like they did when Mike White was in there, Rodgers will be making a lot of business decisions.
Him signing with the Jets would be a bad business decision unless all he’s interested in is money. He won’t win anything with the Jets. His career will end on a real sour note.

sunalsorises

Reaction score
Why didn’t the Jets just trade up with the Bears and pick a QB? I realize they have had little success drafting a QB but it still seems like a better move.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I would rephrase that by saying the Jets aren’t exactly the Bucs from a couple of years ago.
The Jets are close actually probably same kinda D need some weapons at WR though for sure.

Hagman

Put Niland and Green in the ROH
Reaction score
9gkqOWB2tL4ysJI.jpg

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
The Jets are close actually probably same kinda D need some weapons at WR though for sure.
The Jets aren’t that close. They were in the basement of the AFC East. Even with Rodgers they’re going to have a tough time getting past Miami and Buffalo. The Jets have nothing at WR to help Rodgers.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can’t believe Aaron Rodgers wants to play for the Jets. Must be the only choice he has if he wants to keep playing. Talk about a graveyard for QBs. Here’s a crazy stat, the Jets haven’t had a 4000 yard passer since Joe Namath in 1967.
It is not the Jets causing that issue. It is the FO. Or is it a real Broadway Joe curse. Guaranteed a SB win.:laugh:
Just like many of our own fans blaming a Jimmy curse. :muttley:

It would be funny if AR went there and he sucked.

ATXSRT

Reaction score
If Rodgers is out of the NFC, there's absolutely zero reason the Cowboys shouldn't at least make the NFC Championship.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No one was throwing for 4000 yards in the 1960s. Joe Namath was the first to do it and the last QB for the Jets to do it.
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/N/NamaJo00.htm

that was his only year he did it. Had 2 seasons with 3300 and 3100 yards. And one with 2800. All other years were much less.
He got into the HOF by his prediction and being a celebrity QB. In todays NFL he would not be a 1st ballot inductee if at all.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/N/NamaJo00.htm

that was his only year he did it. Had 2 seasons with 3300 and 3100 yards. And one with 2800. All other years were much less.
He got into the HOF by his prediction and being a celebrity QB. In todays NFL he would not be a 1st ballot inductee if at all.
Not saying that 4000 yard season got him into the Hall of Fame because it didn’t. Just pointing out that he was the first to do it and the last Jets QB to pass for 4000 yards. The prediction and upsetting the Colts in the third Super Bowl is what got him in the Hall of Fame.