Aaron Rodgers is now 3-18 when trailing entering the fourth quarter

ufcrules1

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;4383945 said:
This I have no issue with at any level and agree with all of it. This is a far cry, however, from the "It's Romo's fault and he's holding the team back" theory we see on here far to often.

I didn't expect you to believe me and that is fine. I don't trust most people myself and you don't know me. All good. I still know for a fact the things that were said and I can assure you what I was told by the receiver didn't show he had a lot of confidence in Romo. He even told me he wished Romo would throw the ball up more even when he was covered to let him go up and get it. I'm a huge die hard fan of the Cowboys and even like Romo. I just think he has some flaws in his game that have to be worked on. I'm not even sure he is capable of fixing them and that is what scares me. If he proves me wrong.. guess what? I still win because he happens to play for the team I will root for all my life.

With regards to your comment about the list I made. That is the same feelings a lot of guys here have about the team. If I say something bad about Romo here, it doesn't mean I think he is the only or the main problem on the team. I haven't seen one person on this whole forum that puts the blame on Romo first. Romo is way down the list at #4. The problem is the blind Romo fans will jump to that conclusion. He did give away 2 games this year by himself, and I think that is why he played at such a high level the rest of the season. We expect that level of play from the beginning of the season though, not after you have choked and put us in a bad position.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
Stautner;4383958 said:
The only people who like Romo where he is instead replacing him with Rodgers are Packer fans. They are happy with Romo in Dallas and Rodgers in GB.

LMAO! Also, all the GM's that "told" couchscout that Romo is elite. Yeah, he is elite as long as he stays in Dallas... far away from their teams.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
ufcrules1;4383971 said:
I didn't expect you to believe me and that is fine. I don't trust most people myself and you don't know me. All good. I still know for a fact the things that were said and can assure what I was told didn't tell me the receiver had a whole lot of confidence in Romo. I'm a huge die hard fan of the Cowboys and even like Romo. I just think he has some flaws in his game that have to be worked on. I'm not even sure he is capable of fixing them and that is what scares me.If he proves me wrong.. guess what? I still win because he happens to play for the team I will root for all my life.

With regards to your comment about the list I made. That is the same feelings a lot of guys here have about the team. If I say something bad about Romo here, it doesn't mean I think he is the only or the main problem on the team. I haven't seen one person on this whole forum that puts the blame on Romo first. Romo is way down the list at #4. The problem is the blind Romo fans will jump to that conclusion. He did give away 2 games this year by himself, and I think that is why he played at such a high level the rest of the season. We expect that level of play from the beginning of the season though, not after you have choked and put us in a bad position.

I agree that he's got things to work on. All QBs, and players in general for that matter, do and I do believe he'll improve on things every year. He always has so far, IMO, so I have no reason to believe he won't continue to going forward.

And I appreciate that you're not putting it all on him but i've been here since 08 and have seen plenty of times where people think this team would magically get better simply be dumping Romo and going with someone else.

He gave away two early games, for sure, but I don't know that I'd say 2-2 was putting us in a bad position. Which is exactly what their record was after those two games he gave away.

After that the defense continuely put this team in bad positions by giving games away including the Patriots game that came up right after that.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;4383980 said:
I agree that he's got things to work on. All QBs, and players in general for that matter, do and I do believe he'll improve on things every year. He always has so far, IMO, so I have no reason to believe he won't continue to going forward.

And I appreciate that you're not putting it all on him but i've been here since 08 and have seen plenty of times where people think this team would magically get better simply be dumping Romo and going with someone else.

He gave away two early games, for sure, but I don't know that I'd say 2-2 was putting us in a bad position. Which is exactly what their record was after those two games he gave away.

After that the defense continuely put this team in bad positions by giving games away including the Patriots game that came up right after that.

Yeah, he lost 2 games and then JG had no faith in him to throw for a first down against the Pats to run out the clock because of what he did the week before against Detroit. Instead he put the game on his defense because he had more faith in them.. at that time anyway. I'm glad you can admit the 2 give away games. Most blind Romo fans can't do that. So I won't call you a blind Romo fan anymore.

I'm not in that crowd of thinking if we dump Romo we will get magically better. Our team has MAJOR problems!! I think we would win a few more games with an elite QB or even Eli and Raplisburger but winning a few more games doesn't cut it. We need a team that has passion and fire and expects to intimidate the other teams from both sides of the ball. We have too many soft under-performing players. Our defensive line and secondary need a big time overhaul, our offensive line needs to get better, Romo needs to be more of a leader and needs to stop making bone headed plays, and the coaches need to stop learning on the job. This year was almost a complete disgrace. They almost looked as bad as 2010 out there. Especially at the end of the year.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
ufcrules1;4383992 said:
Yeah, he lost 2 games and then JG had no faith in him to throw for a first down against the Pats to run out the clock because of what he did the week before against Detroit. Instead he put the game on his defense because he had more faith in them.. at that time anyway. I'm glad you can admit the 2 give away games. Most blind Romo fans can't do that. So I won't call you a blind Romo fan anymore.

I'm not in that crowd of thinking if we dump Romo we will get magically better. Our team has MAJOR problems!! I think we would win a few more games with an elite QB or even Eli and Raplisburger but winning a few more games doesn't cut it. We need a team that has passion and fire and expects to intimidate the other teams from both sides of the ball. We have too many soft under-performing players. Our defensive line and secondary need a big time overhaul, our offensive line needs to get better, Romo needs to be more of a leader and needs to stop making bone headed plays, and the coaches need to stop learning on the job. This year was almost a complete disgrace. They almost looked as bad as 2010 out there. Especially at the end of the year.

Yeah i have never said, nor would I, that Romo is perfect and doesn't make mistakes and shouldn't be critized for the ones he does.

IT's all fair game when there is actually something there to put on him, then I have no issue with it.

As for Garrett I don't think you'll ever find another time like the Patriots game where he won't put the ball in Tony's hand with the game on the line. I really believe that. I think Romo once more, more than proved, that he's more than capable of coming up very big in the clutch and did so many times over the course of this last season.

I think with some decent improvement on the o-line and getting at least some of the things you mentioned on defense fixed and this team is a very real contender with Tony at QB.

I'm not looking for the best Offensive line ever either. I'm not even asking for one as great as the Cowboys had during Aikman's days.

All I'm asking for is a consistent, solid, group that affords Romo time. I think they've fixed the tackle issues, especially once they flip Free and Smith this season. Now it's time to upgrade the interior and this offense will be very very very tough to stop.

Especially when Murray returns and if he returns 100% healthy and can stay that way.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;4384002 said:
Yeah i have never said, nor would I, that Romo is perfect and doesn't make mistakes and shouldn't be critized for the ones he does.

IT's all fair game when there is actually something there to put on him, then I have no issue with it.

As for Garrett I don't think you'll ever find another time like the Patriots game where he won't put the ball in Tony's hand with the game on the line. I really believe that. I think Romo once more, more than proved, that he's more than capable of coming up very big in the clutch and did so many times over the course of this last season.

I think with some decent improvement on the o-line and getting at least some of the things you mentioned on defense fixed and this team is a very real contender with Tony at QB.

I'm not looking for the best Offensive line ever either. I'm not even asking for one as great as the Cowboys had during Aikman's days.

All I'm asking for is a consistent, solid, group that affords Romo time. I think they've fixed the tackle issues, especially once they flip Free and Smith this season. Now it's time to upgrade the interior and this offense will be very very very tough to stop.

Especially when Murray returns and if he returns 100% healthy and can stay that way.

I think you and I are very close to being on the same page. Just have slightly different opinions about Romo. You aren't a blind Romo fan that thinks he is just as good as Rogers or Brady or rarely ever messes up.

Man, you got me excited when you mentioned Murray! I can't wait to see him next year and with an improved Oline. I know we will fix the oline by grabbing Nicks or Decastro or possibly both. If the top corners are gone in the draft (Claiborne and Kirkpatrick) and Decastro is there, I think it is a no brainer to take him. I just hope we can secure a solid FA corner, and possibly more in our 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round picks to shore up the defense. I for once would like a defense with some attitude and confidence. One where other teams can't just match up and down the field against us. It was also be interesting to see how Bruce Carter plays next to Sean Lee.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Tell me how the way Romo has been playing hasn't been more than enough to elevate the team? Are you really going to try and claim that how good he played this year is still his fault that his defense completely craps the bed in the clutch?

I'm not blaming Romo for what happened this past season although he did contribute with a couple of second half meltdowns against the Jets and Lions. The defense was clearly the number one reason the Cowboys missed the playoffs. Romo played consistent but I still don't think the team totally trusts him. He's had a lot of issues with turnovers in the past and although he cleaned a lot of that up in 2011 you still have to hold your breath with him.

How many times did Romo put the team ahead, or in position to win, this season only to watch the defense completely give it away? Numerous times.

Again I'm not blaming him for this past season most of my comments were concerning his past seasons 06, 07 and 08 when he was consistently turning the ball over.

I can think of at least 3 or 4 games with the Patriots, both Giants games, and even the Cardinals games where he and the offense put that team in great position to win those games only to watch the defense/special team completely blow it.

At some point those guys have to do their damn jobs as well and they consistently didn't do it.

The blame for the 2011 season going down the drain clearly goes on the defense. I blame Romo for the 06, 07 and 08 seasons going down the drain where he suffered a grand total of 22 turnovers in Dec/Jan.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Doomsday101;4383525 said:
To an extent they can elevate they can make believers out of teammates but no matter who that QB is he will only win due to the play of the team. This is why Brees and Rodgers are sitting at home. As I said many time before I don't think Romo is the problem in Dallas.

Is he to the same level as Rodgers or Brees? Maybe not but he is still a damn good QB who needs the same things Rodger and Brees must have to get success.

NO won a SB with Brees he had a big year guess what so did his defense that created turnovers for NO that put the ball back in his hands who came up with the big int to beat Minn and Indy. Brees played great this year but this time around NO defense was not making those plays they were not getting those TO.

Same with Rodgers he played outstanding this season, I think better than he did last year when they won the SB what was the differance? GB defense last year was the 5th ranked defense this season they were able to get ints but they gave up a lot of points

As important as QB is that is not what creates SB, teams are what win SB always have and always will

It all starts with the QB they have to play well or their team will lose most of the time especially if they rely on the passing game which most teams do. The Saints are out of the playoffs because they turned the ball over 5 times including 2 turnovers by Brees. Rarely do you see teams win suffering 5 turnovers. Turnovers costs your team scoring opportunities and gives your opponent extra opportunities.

The turnovers gave SF more chances with the ball and Smith was able to beat Brees at his own game. The Saints don't have a good defense so the turnovers by their offense ultimately did them in. Alex Smith played consistent not turning the ball over a single time and he made plays in critical situations.

Rodgers is out of the playoffs because he didn't play well and his receivers kept dropping balls that's a recipe for losing when a team lives by the pass. Rodgers had 2 turnovers which took their offense off the field and gave the Giants more opportunities.

Both the Saints and Packers won this past season by outgunning their opponents with high scoring offenses. Their defenses would bend giving up lots of yardage and some points but they were able to make up for their defensive issues by outscoring their opponents.

If they gave up 30 points they were able to put up 40. If a team keeps giving up points relying on their offense to make up the difference eventually it's going to come back to bite them and it did with the Saints and Packers. As for Romo he wasn't the problem this past season the defense was hopefully I've made that clear.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
KJJ;4382754 said:
You must think he should be ranked with them.
"Should" has nothing to do with it. As soon as he completes his next top 8 season in passer rating, that is where he will be ranked. Opinions can't put anybody on that list, only the player's performance can.

KJJ;4382754 said:
He would be worse than all those QB's because he hasn't accomplished what they did regardless of his passer rating.
It's a list of the consistently most highly-ranked passers. What makes you think they could have accomplished what they did "regardless of their passer ratings?"

If passer rating can be summarily disregarded, then you should be able to spot the names of the QB's on the list of 11 who had 6+ seasons in the top 8, who were not great.

1. Joe Montana (11) 1980-85, 87-90, 93
2. Fran Tarkenton (10) 1964, 67-70, 72-76
2. Peyton Manning (10) 1999-2000, 02-09
4. Sammy Baugh (9) 1937, 40-45, 47, 49
4. Dan Marino (9) 1983-87, 91-92, 94, 96
4. Brett Favre (9) 1992, 94-97, 2001, 03, 07, 09
7. Johnny Unitas (8) 1956-59, 63-65, 67
7. Steve Young (8) 1991-98
9. Roger Staubach (7) 1971, 73, 75-79
10. Dan Fouts (6) 1978-83
10. Troy Aikman (6) 1991-95, 98

Find anybody?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
KJJ;4384090 said:
It all starts with the QB they have to play well or their team will lose most of the time especially if they rely on the passing game which most teams do. The Saints are out of the playoffs because they turned the ball over 5 times including 2 turnovers by Brees. Rarely do you see teams win suffering 5 turnovers. Turnovers costs your team scoring opportunities and gives your opponent extra opportunities.

The turnovers gave SF more chances with the ball and Smith was able to beat Brees at his own game. The Saints don't have a good defense so the turnovers by their offense ultimately did them in. Alex Smith played consistent not turning the ball over a single time and he made plays in critical situations.

Rodgers is out of the playoffs because he didn't play well and his receivers kept dropping balls that's a recipe for losing when a team lives by the pass. Rodgers had 2 turnovers which took their offense off the field and gave the Giants more opportunities.

Both the Saints and Packers won this past season by outgunning their opponents with high scoring offenses. Their defenses would bend giving up lots of yardage and some points but they were able to make up for their defensive issues by outscoring their opponents.

If they gave up 30 points they were able to put up 40. If a team keeps giving up points relying on their offense to make up the difference eventually it's going to come back to bite them and it did with the Saints and Packers. As for Romo he wasn't the problem this past season the defense was hopefully I've made that clear.

and if the players around them do not play well the QB can't play well. If I get pressure in your face as a QB you will not have a good day period. Montana was a great QB but when the 85 Bears got in his face and when LT lead NY Giants got in his face he looked very avg. So QB is important but if he does not get the play from those around him then he is not going to do jack. QB can't block for himself and he can't catch the ball, he does not play defense he only controls so much.

DFWJC

Reaction score
percyhoward;4384178 said:
"Should" has nothing to do with it. As soon as he completes his next top 8 season in passer rating, that is where he will be ranked. Opinions can't put anybody on that list, only the player's performance can.

It's a list of the consistently most highly-ranked passers. What makes you think they could have accomplished what they did "regardless of their passer ratings?"

If passer rating can be summarily disregarded, then you should be able to spot the names of the QB's on the list of 11 who had 6+ seasons in the top 8, who were not great.

1. Joe Montana (11) 1980-85, 87-90, 93
2. Fran Tarkenton (10) 1964, 67-70, 72-76
2. Peyton Manning (10) 1999-2000, 02-09
4. Sammy Baugh (9) 1937, 40-45, 47, 49
4. Dan Marino (9) 1983-87, 91-92, 94, 96
4. Brett Favre (9) 1992, 94-97, 2001, 03, 07, 09
7. Johnny Unitas (8) 1956-59, 63-65, 67
7. Steve Young (8) 1991-98
9. Roger Staubach (7) 1971, 73, 75-79
10. Dan Fouts (6) 1978-83
10. Troy Aikman (6) 1991-95, 98

Find anybody?
I'll never understand those that just flat out dismiss the numbers staring them right in the face.

I really think some folks thik this is the same as golf or tennis in regards to the winning tells us everything argument. No sport is further from an individual sport than football. A player can only play his position as best he can (and stats show much, not all, of that). He then has to hope the other guys hold up their end. A QB does have to lead though, and I think Tony has improved in that area but is certainly no Staubach yet.

Still, although I disagree with KJJ when he says Romo is not good enough to get us there, I think he is not totally off base in some regards to the topic.
For example, I'd never say Romo is better than Brady and some of the others right now.
Now ufc, on the other hand....well, he says even Flacco > Romo, so I have a hard time taking the other comments seriously.

There are exceptions to your list, btw.
A guy like Bradshaw, for example. His ratings always stunk but his team was so preposterously good (and he did have his brilliant moments) that they won many titles.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
ufcrules1;4384014 said:
I think you and I are very close to being on the same page. Just have slightly different opinions about Romo. You aren't a blind Romo fan that thinks he is just as good as Rogers or Brady or rarely ever messes up.

Man, you got me excited when you mentioned Murray! I can't wait to see him next year and with an improved Oline. I know we will fix the oline by grabbing Nicks or Decastro or possibly both. If the top corners are gone in the draft (Claiborne and Kirkpatrick) and Decastro is there, I think it is a no brainer to take him. I just hope we can secure a solid FA corner, and possibly more in our 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round picks to shore up the defense. I for once would like a defense with some attitude and confidence. One where other teams can't just match up and down the field against us. It was also be interesting to see how Bruce Carter plays next to Sean Lee.

That would be the ideal offseason to me to see us pick up Nicks and pick up Decastro. I think that would do wonders for the offense and then get us some solid improvements on defense via a mixture of FA and draft and I definately think this team can contend.

KJJ;4384034 said:
I'm not blaming Romo for what happened this past season although he did contribute with a couple of second half meltdowns against the Jets and Lions. The defense was clearly the number one reason the Cowboys missed the playoffs. Romo played consistent but I still don't think the team totally trusts him. He's had a lot of issues with turnovers in the past and although he cleaned a lot of that up in 2011 you still have to hold your breath with him.

Again I'm not blaming him for this past season most of my comments were concerning his past seasons 06, 07 and 08 when he was consistently turning the ball over.

The blame for the 2011 season going down the drain clearly goes on the defense. I blame Romo for the 06, 07 and 08 seasons going down the drain where he suffered a grand total of 22 turnovers in Dec/Jan.

Which is fair but he cut his turn overs down in 2009 they did well. He was playing pretty well in 2010 despite the team playing like hammered crap before he got injured so it's hard to say what he would have done over the couse of the 2010 season.

This year he once again was very steady and consistent with basically 2 bad halves of football.

This isn't the first year that he's played very well, very consistent, and smarter football. This is two full seasons now 09 and 2011 and I do believe had he not been injured in 2010 he would have played very well and solid then as well.

Of course I do believe if he doesn't get hurt that you likely have Wade till at the very least the end of 2010 and it's my personal belief, though I have no way of knowing this to be sure, that Wade would have been here for 2011 as well due to the offseason being screwed up due to the strike.

With Romo in 2010 I believe the Cowboys would have been just competitive enough to keep Jerry from making the change due to the uncertainity of the offseason.

That's just a random tangent there and is meaningless to anything as it's not even remotely possible to prove.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score

The point I'm trying to make is if Romo makes that list it isn't going to make him a HOF QB like the QB's on that list. Agree or disagree? Passer ratings weren't even being tabulated at the time most of those QB's were voted into the HOF. Romo isn't even considered a top 5 QB amongst his peers even though his career passer rating is higher than at least a couple of QB's who are rated ahead of him.

Romo hasn't come close to accomplishing what those QB's on that list accomplished. They're all considered amongst the greatest QB's of all time and it wasn't because of their passer ratings. You can post every passer rating stat you can dig up that puts Romo amongst the greatest to ever play the game but it's going to take a lot more than some passer rating stat to put him in the same league as those QB's. Agree or disagree?

There's some QB's who aren't on that list that have won more championships than some of the QB's on that list. What does that tell you? :cool: Romo is close to being on that list but all he's accomplished is ONE playoff win. Like I mentioned he's not even considered a top 5 QB amongst his peers. If that passer rating stat determined how great a QB is he would be considered a better QB than Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Eli and Roethlisberger all of whom aren't on that list...nuff said!

I don't totally disregard a QB's passer rating when comparing it amongst active QB's but it doesn't tell the whole story. There's certain throws a QB can make or miss during a game that can determine whether their team wins or loses that their passer rating doesn't disclose. Romo had a 141.3 passer rating against the Giants in the first game and Eli had a 90.7 passer rating but Eli played every bit as well as Romo and was virtually flawless in the 4th quarter even though his receiver dropped a TD pass in the closing minutes. Romo's passer rating doesn't show the pass he slightly overthrew to Austin that would have won the Cowboys the game.

Romo's passer rating for the season was higher than several QB's who led their teams to the playoffs including Eli. Although Romo had a very good season he didn't have as good a year as Eli regardless that his passer rating was higher than Eli's. A QB could have a great passer rating in a game but throw one costly pick at the wrong time or miss one 3rd down throw in the 4th quarter that would have won the game but their passer rating won't show it. Passer ratings have some validity but high passer rating's don't always determine the outcome of games or who wins the SB. Romo had a 101.9 passer rating vs the Jets on opening day but what did that prove? Case closed!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;4384893 said:
Which is fair but he cut his turn overs down in 2009 they did well. He was playing pretty well in 2010 despite the team playing like hammered crap before he got injured so it's hard to say what he would have done over the couse of the 2010 season.

He did cut his turnovers down in 09 especially in Dec that's why the Cowboys finished that season strong and won their first playoff game in 13 years. Unfortunately Romo relapsed back into turnover mode against Minn coughing the ball up 3 times which contributed to that blowout loss. I'm not putting all the blame on him for that loss it was a total team failure but he did contribute.

This year he once again was very steady and consistent with basically 2 bad halves of football.

Those 2 bad halves helped contribute to the Cowboys missing the playoffs. Romo won several games this past season but he also played a big part in those 2 losses.

This isn't the first year that he's played very well, very consistent, and smarter football. This is two full seasons now 09 and 2011 and I do believe had he not been injured in 2010 he would have played very well and solid then as well.

This was the first real consistent season he's had and his career high 102.5 passer rating backs that up. He was a little up and down early in 09 while he was being guided along in a so called "Romo Friendly" offense designed to help reduce his turnovers. He got it going from Nov all the way through Dec that year and the team responded with a strong finish and a playoff win.

As for the 2010 season Romo wasn't playing particularly well he had 7 int's at the time he was injured. He had 2 very costly picks in the 4th quarter against Tenn and Chicago that helped cost the Cowboys those games.

perrykemp

Reaction score
KJJ;4385185 said:
The point I'm trying to make is if Romo makes that list it isn't going to make him a HOF QB like the QB's on that list. Agree or disagree?

If Romo doesn't have any post-season success I think his chances of making the HOF are about zero.

He needs to make at least one run -- making a SB would sure help -- not sure if he absolutely has to win it.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
DFWJC;4384743 said:
I'll never understand those that just flat out dismiss the numbers staring them right in the face.

I'm not flat out dismissing those numbers but they don't make Romo a HOF QB like the QB's on that list. Those numbers don't make him an elite QB ranked in the top 5 amongst his peers. At the end of the day his passer rating isn't going to mean crap if all he has is one playoff win at the end of his career.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
perrykemp;4385231 said:
If Romo doesn't have any post-season success I think his chances of making the HOF are about zero.

He needs to make at least one run -- making a SB would sure help -- not sure if he absolutely have to win it.

Romo would have to have a number of playoff wins and at least one SB win to have a chance at the HOF because too many QB's are putting up bigger numbers than him. With the passing game the way it is HOF voters are going to start looking past just the numbers unless they're record breaking numbers because so many QB's are putting up huge yardage and TD totals. The NFL had 3 QB's this past season pass for over 5000 yards and 40 TD's. Big numbers are becoming common. Being a stat QB who puts up big regular season numbers that don't lead to playoff success or championships isn't going to get Romo voted into the HOF.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
13287991.jpg

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
DFWJC;4384743 said:
They don't have to give credit where it's due, whether it's because they're unwilling, or don't understand, or a mixture of both reasons. But then, they don't have to be taken seriously either.

DFWJC;4384743 said:
There are exceptions to your list, btw. A guy like Bradshaw, for example. His ratings always stunk but his team was so preposterously good (and he did have his brilliant moments) that they won many titles.
Bradshaw grew into a great QB and a deserving Hall of Famer. He made the top 8 six times, but one of those years, he was 8th in a 28-team league, so technically, he didn't rank in the top 25%. IOW, his top 8 isn't the same as a top 8 today,

Remember, this list is based on performance, not opinion. IMO, there are a number of great QB's who didn't have six top 8 seasons in the NFL (Bradshaw, Elway, Dawson, Griese, Starr, and others). The point is, there aren't any QB's who did have six top 8 seasons who weren't great. In the opinion of many, Romo would be the first and only such QB. That would certainly give me pause to reconsider.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
KJJ;4385185 said:
The point I'm trying to make is if Romo makes that list it isn't going to make him a HOF QB like the QB's on that list. Agree or disagree? It's going to take a lot more than some passer rating stat to put him in the same league as those QB's. Agree or disagree?
Agree. But you're talking about perception, not performance.

KJJ;4385185 said:
There's some QB's who aren't on that list that have won more championships than some of the QB's on that list. What does that tell you?
That QB's individual performances don't always translate to teams winning championships. What does it tell you?

KJJ;4385185 said:
If that passer rating stat determined how great a QB is he would be considered a better QB than Brady, Brees, Rodgers, Eli and Roethlisberger all of whom aren't on that list...nuff said!
You haven't said anything. It's just a matter of time for them. (Well, maybe not for Eli.) But you will almost certainly see those first three guys, and probably also the fifth on the list...with Romo. They (with the exception of Rodgers) just took longer than he did.

KJJ;4385185 said:
Although Romo had a very good season he didn't have as good a year as Eli regardless that his passer rating was higher than Eli's.
Romo had a 101.9 passer rating vs the Jets on opening day but what did that prove?
That he had a good passing performance in a loss. What else? You'll find examples of this for any QB you look at. Invariably, you'll find more examples of this with teams that aren't as good as their QB.

And you'd have a hard time showing that Eli's individual regular season performance was better than Romo's.