Aaron Rodgers is now 3-18 when trailing entering the fourth quarter

Reaction score
Double Trouble;4383093 said:
He's about to carry his team to yet another SB. It will drive Romo-stat-guys insane when everyone but Cowboy homers start referring to Manning in the same breath as Brees and Rodgers.

It won't drive me insane, Eli is good, but not as good as everyone believes he is. The guy had 30 turnovers just a year ago

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Romo2Bryant4Six;4383106 said:
The defense, I mean Eli also held the Falcons 7th ranked
Offense to little points with his dominant pass rush and coverage skills

I think Eli deserves credit but there is more than Eli that is helping the Giants win. Early in the season their defense struggled and guess what NY Giants lost games this is why they were tied with Dallas. However late in the season as the Giants defense started getting healthy they started to win games. It is not a coincidence it is what it is.

Again it goes back to people’s narrow view of the QB. You need a good QB but to win you need a team

Reaction score
Doomsday101;4383111 said:
I think Eli deserves credit but there is more than Eli that is helping the Giants win. Early in the season their defense struggled and guess what NY Giants lost games this is why they were tied with Dallas. However late in the season as the Giants defense started getting healthy they started to win games. It is not a coincidence it is what it is.

Again it goes back to people’s narrow view of the QB. You need a good QB but to win you need a team

Right. I understand that 100%

I have a lot of respect for Eli, although he is goofy and I have seen countless throws of a lame duck variety

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Romo2Bryant4Six;4383114 said:
Right. I understand that 100%

I have a lot of respect for Eli, although he is goofy and I have seen countless throws of a lame duck variety

As a QB I think the guy is very good, as a person he just seems a bit whinny to me. Maybe because of the notoriety his brother gets who knows.

gbrittain

Reaction score
Doomsday101;4383101 said:
He is carrying them? I seem to recall a NY defense that stopped one of the best offense in the league. But I guess their play and the fact that put the ball back in the hands of the offense does not mean a thing? :laugh2:

Yeah it is all Eli. :laugh2:

Exactly.

It was 30-13 when Green Bay scored a TD with a little over 4 minutes remaining. I dont know that I will call it a garbage time score, but it was pretty dang close.

Does anyone honestly believe that Dallas would have went into Green Bay and held Aaron Rodgers to 13 points with four minutes remaining in the 4th QTR???:lmao:

Eli Manning went 21-33 for 330 yards, 3 TDs, and 1 INT.

What would a betting man wager as more likely: Dallas D holding Aaron Rodgers to 13 points with four minutes remaining or Romo putting up 330 yards, 3 TDs and 1 INT???

He played great, no knock on him. Lets not pretend though that Romo has a defense that is capable of doing what Eli's defense does for him. Lets face it, if NYs defense gives up 38 points then all of a sudden according to the local Romo haters, Manning just put up empty stats.

hmcorp

Reaction score
Romo consistently put up 300 yards 2-3 tds and 0 to 1 picks all season.

defense let him down constantly.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
And while we whine and argue furiously over who's the better quarterback, Eli is set to appear in his second Super Bowl and is in the better position compared to Rodgers and Romo.

These arguments amount to feeling better about the guy leading your team. Nothing more.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
tyke1doe;4383152 said:
And while we whine and argue furiously over who's the better quarterback, Eli is set to appear in his second Super Bowl and is in the better position compared to Rodgers and Romo.

These arguments amount to feeling better about the guy leading your team. Nothing more.

I don't think so. I'm not touting Romo or Eli only stating a fact that having a team is what will win games. Eli and NY were in the same boat with Dallas yet over the course of the last 4 to 5 games of the reg season NY saw their defense making plays Dallas did not. So was it Eli that pushed them over the hump? I give Eli credit they guy is a good QB but he is not the reason for the NY turn around

burmafrd

Reaction score
tyke1doe;4383152 said:

or mostly from people who will never be satisfied no matter what

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Doomsday101;4383164 said:
I don't think so. I'm not touting Romo or Eli only stating a fact that having a team is what will win games. Eli and NY were in the same boat with Dallas yet over the course of the last 4 to 5 games of the reg season NY saw their defense making plays Dallas did not. So was it Eli that pushed them over the hump? I give Eli credit they guy is a good QB but he is not the reason for the NY turn around

I understand your point. But it's all hypothetical. Many are arguing if Romo had a defense like New York's, he'd be doing the same thing. I really don't know how that makes a case for Romo when that could/can apply to any competent quarterback.

I just don't see why we keep torturing ourselves like this. Romo's a very good quarterback. So is Eli.

But right now, Eli is playing for the right to go to the Super Bowl and Romo's not. I guess we have to make Eli seem like a lesser quarterback out of envy or jealous. <shrug>

burmafrd

Reaction score
tyke1doe;4383193 said:
I understand your point. But it's all hypothetical. Many are arguing if Romo had a defense like New York's, he'd be doing the same thing. I really don't know how that makes a case for Romo when that could/can apply to any competent quarterback.

I just don't see why we keep torturing ourselves like this. Romo's a very good quarterback. So is Eli.

But right now, Eli is playing for the right to go to the Super Bowl and Romo's not. I guess we have to make Eli seem like a lesser quarterback out of envy or jealous. <shrug>

Well I think he is a lesser QB. But not by that much

tyke1doe

Reaction score
burmafrd;4383167 said:
or mostly from people who will never be satisfied no matter what

True.

I'm good with Romo. I can't change it anyway. So I just can't get worked up over it. I have knocked Romo previously for his mistakes in the Jets and Lions game. But coming down the stretch, Romo wasn't the problem with this team.

I fear there's a losing culture here. I don't know how that gets corrected, I'm not that smart to know. But I hope it changes because we're not going to beat the Giants and the Eagles if we don't get better - talent-wise and mentally.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
tyke1doe;4383193 said:

I don't disagree. I would say in my view our issue is not the QB. As for NY they are still in the post season and Eli has played a big role in that but again NY struggled much of the year when did this turn around take place? It seem to coinside with NY defese getting healthy and being able to shut teams down even the Pack.

I'm not taking anything away from Eli only stating what I know is true and that is winning is not all about the QB it is about the team. I'll continue to stand on this soap box as long as people continue to act as if the QB is the be all end all of a teams success. If it were Flacco sure as hell would not be in the post season. :laugh1:

tyke1doe

Reaction score
burmafrd;4383198 said:
Well I think he is a lesser QB. But not by that much

I think he has been given an opportunity to step up when he has to, and he has.

You're only as clutch as your next biggest game. What separates he and Romo is that Romo hasn't been to an NFC Championship Game or a Super Bowl to validate his ability to deliver on the biggest stage, and Eli has.

That's not to say Romo hasn't come through down the stretch, because he has. But we all know that as long as a quarterback falls one step short of the ultimate prize, he's going to be question whether he can get it done.

Romo will remain there until the Cowboys win an NFC Championship and then a Super Bowl. Eli will never have to deal with that again because he won an NFC Championship and a Super Bowl.

And, that, I feel, is what grates at many Cowboys fans.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Doomsday101;4383204 said:
I don't disagree. I would say in my view our issue is not the QB. As for NY they are still in the post season and Eli has played a big role in that but again NY struggled much of the year when did this turn around take place? It seem to coinside with NY defese getting healthy and being able to shut teams down even the Pack.

I'm not taking anything away from Eli only stating what I know is true and that is winning is not all about the QB it is about the team. I'll continue to stand on this soap box as long as people continue to act as if the QB is the be all end all of a teams success. If it were Flacco sure as hell would not be in the post season. :laugh1:

:laugh1: on the Flacco comment.

And I agree with your above comments. The NY defense just flipped a switch. And regardless how much people love offense, if you have a defense and a better-than-average quarterback, you have a chance to go all the way. I think the 49ers and Ravens are proving that to be true. And I think NY's defense is why they beat the high-powered Packers, although Eli did do his part.

I really hope we focus heavily on the defense next year. Just a few more offensive linemen, but we need to draft defense, defense, defense. We need pass rushers and cover corners.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
tyke1doe;4383224 said:
:laugh1: on the Flacco comment.

And I agree with your above comments. The NY defense just flipped a switch. And regardless how much people love offense, if you have a defense and a better-than-average quarterback, you have a chance to go all the way. I think the 49ers and Ravens are proving that to be true. And I think NY's defense is why they beat the high-powered Packers, although Eli did do his part.

I really hope we focus heavily on the defense next year. Just a few more offensive linemen, but we need to draft defense, defense, defense. We need pass rushers and cover corners.

I agree. I would like to add more help inside on the OL be it a center or a Guard I think keeping your QB upright and in the games is critical and no question Dallas has to make some key moves on defense.

I would be thrilled if we could add 3 key players on the OL, OLB and or interior Dline who could provide a pass rush and a CB since I think Newman likely will be gone.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Doomsday101;4383241 said:
I agree. I would like to add more help inside on the OL be it a center or a Guard I think keeping your QB upright and in the games is critical and no question Dallas has to make some key moves on defense.

I would be thrilled if we could add 3 key players on the OL, OLB and or interior Dline who could provide a pass rush and a CB since I think Newman likely will be gone.

In this day and age of pass, pass, pass, .. we can't have too many corners, or cover guys.

When teams go 4 or 5 wide, you better have somebody to cover them.

And like you say, OL to keep Romo upright and healthy.

Is there a way to fill all of our holes in one off-season ??

Doomsday101

Reaction score
WV Cowboy;4383274 said:
In this day and age of pass, pass, pass, .. we can't have too many corners, or cover guys.

When teams go 4 or 5 wide, you better have somebody to cover them.

And like you say, OL to keep Romo upright and healthy.

I agree. In this off season if I walked away with a CB to work with Jenkins and Scandrick I would be happy about it. Not saying we could not use another CB but you only have so many picks and only so much cash to work with and other areas that also must be looked at.

CutMeMick

Reaction score
This thread has to be one of the most pathetic threads in the history of this board, & thats saying a lot!
We are reduced to qualifying a TEAM sport by emphasizing how great Romo is, & how the TEAM always lets him down.
The level of delusional logic is astonishing: "Well, sure...ummm, no QB does it on his own...it takes a defense like NY's...Eli plays a small role..."etc. etc.
Well, DUH!?!
When will you Romosexuals get it?? Pull all the stats you want out of your rear end, but get this through your heads....ROMO will never be considered "elite" until he wins something besides a regular season game in week 10.
Cue the rationalizations & stat geeks to "show" me how great Romo is- why, maybe even better than Rodgers...& CERTAINLY better than Eli!
Only the blue-colored-glasses-wearing Romosexuals can present that argument with a straight face. Other NFL fans are laughing AT you....not with you!
Your arguments are pathetic & deserving of pity, nothing more.