Aaron Rodgers is now 3-18 when trailing entering the fourth quarter

rojan

Reaction score
I don't understand how one can have more game winning drives than 4th quarter comebacks...wouldn't a game winning drive also qualify as a 4th quarter comeback??

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
I hope this means we'll see less of those painfully unfunny State Farm commercials.

starchamber

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4380587 said:
Rodgers is still better.

This is probably the only place in the world where alcohol is not being served and this argument of Romo versus Rodgers is taking place.
:bang2: :bang2: :bang2:

Bowdown27

Reaction score
I'd still take tony over any Other qb in the league. WHEN he wins a super bowl. That's right I said when not if.....he should be considered a top 5 qb period. Cuz this post season showed brees and Aaron aren't all there cracked up to be when the pressure is on.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
bbgun;4380742 said:
I hope this means we'll see less of those painfully unfunny State Farm commercials.

Hey, bbgun, thanks for that discount double check!

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
WV Cowboy;4380582 said:
They used to hold it against Aikman that he didn't have many comebacks. But like Rogers, he was not behind that often late in games, so he didn't have a ton of comebacks.

Aikman had as many game-winning drives in 1990 alone (his second year as a starter) as Rodgers has had in his entire career.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
rojan;4380729 said:
I don't understand how one can have more game winning drives than 4th quarter comebacks...wouldn't a game winning drive also qualify as a 4th quarter comeback??

You have to be behind in the fourth quarter to be credited with a fourth-quarter comeback.

If it's tied and you lead the winning drive, you get credit only for a game-winning drive.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
ScipioCowboy;4380591 said:
There was an article that addressed this point earlier in the year. Under Aaron Rodgers, the Packers are the ultimate front runners. They break out to a big lead, and then coast to victory. This is how the 90s Cowboys won. This is how good teams win.

Good teams also are able to come from behind if necessary.

As great as he is, Rodgers hasn't been able to do that very often WHEN he has been behind. His "comeback percentage" is extremely low.

Suave

Reaction score
ufcrules1;4380596 said:
Maybe by a tiny tiny bit. So tiny the difference is negligible. Give Romo the Packers offensive line and I think Romo would be better than Rogers.

Both Rodgers and Romo were sacked the same number of times this year, so it's not like Rodgers's line was much better.

I take Rodgers primarily because he's more accurate (even with a higher ypa average), a better decision-maker, and he's less turnover proned. For three consecutive seasons, Rodgers has been a higher rated passer than Romo.

I like Romo, but it would be difficult for me to justify why he is better than Rodgers. If anyone can prove how Romo is arguably better than Rodgers, then I would like to see that argument.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
ufcrules1;4380596 said:
Maybe by a tiny tiny bit. So tiny the difference is negligible. Give Romo the Packers offensive line and I think Romo would be better than Rogers.

Folks, please reference 'disingenuous' in your Funk & Wagnalls...

rojan

Reaction score
AdamJT13;4380770 said:
You have to be behind in the fourth quarter to be credited with a fourth-quarter comeback.

If it's tied and you lead the winning drive, you get credit only for a game-winning drive.

What if a team entered the 4th with the lead but than gave up the lead only to come back from behind and win??

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Suave;4380776 said:
Both Rodgers and Romo were sacked the same number of times this year, so it's not like Rodgers's line was much better.
Romo was also pressured more, with more pass blockers and fewer receivers on any given play.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
rojan;4380788 said:
What if a team entered the 4th with the lead but than gave up the lead only to come back from behind and win??

If you're behind at any point of the fourth quarter and then come back and win, you're credited with a fourth-quarter comeback.

Suave

Reaction score
percyhoward;4380790 said:
Romo was also pressured more, with more pass blockers and fewer receivers on any given play.

Per Pro Football Focus.

The Pass Blocking Efficiency of Green Bay's offensive line was 82.3 - the Pass Blocking Efficiency of Dallas's offensive line was 81.5. Not a big difference.

Total Pressure Allowed (the combined number of sacks, hits, and hurries an offensive line allowed): Dallas - 144 Green Bay - 143. Not a big difference.

Hurries Allowed: Dallas -102 Green Bay - 102. Not a big difference.

The difference between both lines was not great, and Rodgers's offensive line was not much better.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
Suave;4380832 said:
Per Pro Football Focus.

The Pass Blocking Efficiency of Green Bay's offensive line was 82.3 - the Pass Blocking Efficiency of Dallas's offensive line was 81.5. Not a big difference.

Total Pressure Allowed (the combined number of sacks, hits, and hurries an offensive line allowed): Dallas - 144 Green Bay - 143. Not a big difference.

Hurries Allowed: Dallas -102 Green Bay - 102. Not a big difference.

The difference between both lines was not great, and Rodgers's offensive line was not much better.
Stats Inc has Romo with 56 pressures, compared to 48 for Rodgers, but either way that's not a huge difference. I would be interested in knowing what PFF says about how much help the OL is getting in pass protection, and how that affects the number of potential receivers (as opposed to blockers) each QB has on the average pass play. I suspect that, with 71 more attempts coming from 4+WR formations, Rodgers has more receivers and fewer blockers on a typical pass attempt.

Suave

Reaction score
percyhoward;4380846 said:
Stats Inc has Romo with 56 pressures, compared to 48 for Rodgers, but either way that's not a huge difference. I would be interested in knowing what PFF says about how much help the OL is getting in pass protection, and how that affects the number of potential receivers (as opposed to blockers) each QB has on the average pass play. I suspect that, with 71 more attempts coming from 4+WR formations, Rodgers has more receivers and fewer blockers on a typical pass attempt.

At any rate, Rodgers is still the better QB. Good night.

Reaction score
percyhoward;4380846 said:

That's a good point..

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
CaptainMorgan;4380517 said:
I dont think anyone is saying that, but Rodgers certainly did fall back to earth.

are you kidding, they just spin it that they were drops, golden boy does not wrong

Deep_South

Reaction score
I can't believe that our QB would even come up when discussing why the Cowboys didn't win the Super Bowl this year. I mean, that is really what this discussion is about. We had a "no lead is safe" defense, and that is where the conversation should start and end.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CaptainMorgan;4380517 said:
I dont think anyone is saying that, but Rodgers certainly did fall back to earth.

No, his receivers did by dropping 7 passes.