Aaron Rodgers is now 3-18 when trailing entering the fourth quarter

jswalker1981

Fact > Your Opinion
Reaction score
ufcrules1;4380534 said:
Don't be mad cause Flacco now has 5 playoff wins and the guy you have a crush on only has 1.

The QB record is the most OVERRATED statistic in ALL OF SPORTS. People that quote the QB "wins-losses record" don't know jack squat about playing football and are being completely ignorant about the sport.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
AdamJT13;4380767 said:
Aikman had as many game-winning drives in 1990 alone (his second year as a starter) as Rodgers has had in his entire career.

When I think of Aikman, I rarely think of 1990.

By the time that we had won 3 Super Bowls out of four years, the opportunity for Aikman to bring his team from behind in the 4th qtr did not present itself as often for him as it did for other, less successful QB's.

At that time I remember some on TV saying he didn't have as many game winning drives as so and so.

My only point was, ... I think he could have if need be, but he simply was not asked to do that as often because we weren't trailing as often as other teams.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Rodgers is still the better overall QB and the best QB in the game right now, IMO.

That's not to say Romo isn't a hell of a lot better than a few people around here realise but I do agree with them that Rodgers is better.

Either way it's still a very interesting stat. People keep saying he doesn't have to come from behind often well he's had 21 chances, which is a pretty good amount of chances, and his team hasn't done well in those oppurtunities.

Either way there is nothing about that stat, or pretty much any other stat, that diminishes either of these QBs.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Gemini Dolly;4380694 said:
I was wondering where Tony's silly hat had gone, he hasnt worn it in forever.

That hat doesnt look good on anyone. Yuck.

:laugh2:

Rodgers (taking a page from Romo's book, after team loses with 1st seed): "If this is the worst thing to happen to me, then I've lived a pretty good life."

Jermichael Finley (following TO's lead): "That's my quarterback" (with tears rolling)

I think that hat should be banned forever. And what is it with losing QB's and silly hats? Even Roethlisberger was sporting a fedora after his loss last week.

Reaction score
Don Corleone;4381102 said:

Rodgers (taking a page from Romo's book, after team loses with 1st seed): "If this is the worst thing to happen to me, then I've lived a pretty good life."

Jermichael Finley (following TO's lead): "That's my quarterback" (with tears rolling)

I think that hat should be banned forever. And what is it with losing QB's and silly hats? Even Roethlisberger was sporting a fedora after his loss last week.

Worst hat ever

burmafrd

Reaction score
what would be a very telling stat is this:

How many times has various QBs given their Defenses a lead in the last 5 minutes of the game and the Defenses blow it?

slomoxn

Reaction score
Romo2Bryant4Six;4380523 said:
Superbowl wins:

Trent Dilfer - 1

Dan Marino - 0
And every sportscaster says Marino was a great quarterback, BUT...

Dilfer got his jewelry and is in NFL history with a SB win, Marino as a result of not winning is not mentioned when they talk about all time greats despite the prolific stats he put up. Just like Danny White... If either had won a SB they would be mentioned with Joe Montana, Troy Aikman, Terry Bradshaw, Roger the Dodger and many other QB greats. Instead Marino is mentiond with Fran Tarkenton and Dan Fouts. Yep that is real good company to be listed with vs where he could be.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Don Corleone;4381102 said:
And what is it with losing QB's and silly hats? Even Roethlisberger was sporting a fedora after his loss last week.

Could he have looked any more gooberish?

Can't stand to look at the guy.

Reaction score
burmafrd;4381116 said:
what would be a very telling stat is this:

How many times has various QBs given their Defenses a lead in the last 5 minutes of the game and the Defenses blow it?

Agree. Any idea where you could find something like that? I have a game log for the past 7-8 years for the Cowboys. But id prefer a little less reading

Reaction score
slomoxn;4381117 said:

Dilfer got his jewelry and is in NFL history with a SB win, Marino as a result of not winning is not mentioned when they talk about all time greats despite the prolific stats he put up. Just like Danny White... If either had won a SB they would be mentioned with Joe Montana, Troy Aikman, Terry Bradshaw, Roger the Dodger and many other QB greats. Instead Marino is mentiond with Fran Tarkenton and Dan Fouts. Yep that is real good company to be listed with vs where he could be.

I also think about How close Rex Grossman got to his jewelry.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
slomoxn;4381117 said:

Actually I rarely see the topic of greatest QBs of all time come up that Dan Marino isn't mentioned.

Now you'll always have the people who will then go "Yeah he can be mentioned but" cause of the Superbowl ring.

I give those people zero credit simply because they're too ignorant to seperate team accomplishment from individual.

No one player, even great QBs, win Superbowls on their own. That is a team accomplishment every single time.

Players can individually do their jobs great, however, in the course of their career and that's what Marino did. He played his position as good as a player possibly can.

He just was unfortunate to either have teams that weren't quite talented enough to win it all or ran into teams that were simply that much better.

That happens.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Suave;4380776 said:
Both Rodgers and Romo were sacked the same number of times this year, so it's not like Rodgers's line was much better.

I take Rodgers primarily because he's more accurate (even with a higher ypa average), a better decision-maker, and he's less turnover proned. For three consecutive seasons, Rodgers has been a higher rated passer than Romo.

I like Romo, but it would be difficult for me to justify why he is better than Rodgers. If anyone can prove how Romo is arguably better than Rodgers, then I would like to see that argument.
He's just yanking your chain.

DFWJC

Reaction score
slomoxn;4381117 said:

Dan Marino is the freaking Hall of Fame.
Come on man, he's always mentioned as one the greats.

True, the lack of a ring keeps him out of the running for the single best of all time, but Aikman, Staubach, Bradshaw and many others are not in that conversation either.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Romo2Bryant4Six;4380505 said:
Is now 3-18 when trailing entering the 4th quarter....

He has 3 4th quarter comebacks and 6 game winning drives

Tony Romo on the other hand:

13 4th quarter comebacks, and 14 game winning drives

This is the problem with stats.

They don't always tell you what you think they do and don't give an adequate picture of what's going on.

Could it be that Rodger is so consistent that he doesn't need to wait until the fourth quarter to win games?

And what does it say about Romo that he has to have so many fourth quarter comebacks? Does it suggest he isn't getting it done or taking care of business throughout the game that he has to win it in the end?

What have most critics been saying about Tim Tebow? The reason he wins is because he stinks it up for three quarters then pulls it out in the end.

These comparisons are silly.

Romo is a good quarterback. But everyone connected to football - aside from Cowboys personnel - would choose Rodgers over Romo. PERIOD.

DFWJC

Reaction score
tyke1doe;4381179 said:
Romo is a very good quarterback. But everyone connected to football - aside from Cowboys personnel - would choose Rodgers over Romo. PERIOD.

I agree except for a minor adjustment

ufcrules1

Reaction score
DFWJC;4381195 said:
Romo is a good quarterback. But everyone connected to football - aside from Cowboys personnel - would choose Rodgers over Romo. PERIOD.

DFWJC;4381195 said:
I agree except for a minor adjustment

Nah... I think he had it right when he said "Good".

DFWJC

Reaction score
ufcrules1;4381244 said:
Nah... I think he had it right when he said "Good".
I bet you do.
I'm surprised you even give him that.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
DFWJC;4381253 said:
I bet you do.
I'm surprised you even give him that.

You know, I actually really like the guy. I have his jersey hanging on the wall of my office too. I think he is better than the average qb's in the league. I just think he needs to see a shrink or something. He mentally breaks down out of nowhere in games sometimes and you never know when he is going to do it. I just can't trust him. I blame him for the loss against the Jets, then the loss against the Lions.. and even to an extent against the Patriots because JG didn't trust him to throw the ball after what happened against the Lions.

I do think if we DRASTICALLY improved our defense and got a little better on the offensive line.. he could take us deep in the playoffs though. I'm just not even close to putting him in the same class with Brees, Brady, Peyton, and Rogers though.

I love the Cowboys but I won't blindly love any player on our team. If I see faults, I will call them like I see them. (Just my opinions though).

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
I'm sure the Packers will offer him in a straight up trade the second they become aware of these scary stats. :rolleyes:

DFWJC

Reaction score
ufcrules1;4381314 said:
I love the Cowboys but I won't blindly love any player on our team. If I see faults, I will call them like I see them. (Just my opinions though).
I agree that fans shouldn't blindly follow certain players.

I agree that if you really feel a certain way about a player than you should feel free to voice it.

I just disagree with you on Romo; I simply think he's a better player than you do.
No big deal.

You won't hear me saying he's better than Rodgers though.