Aaron Rodgers is now 3-18 when trailing entering the fourth quarter

ufcrules1

Reaction score
bbgun;4381322 said:
I'm sure the Packers will offer him in a straight up trade the second they become aware of these scary stats. :rolleyes:

No Cowboys fans would take that trade... well..except for me. I would take it and even throw in Felix too.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
DFWJC;4381326 said:
I agree that fans shouldn't blindly follow certain players.

I agree that if you really feel a certain way about a player than you should feel free to voice it.

I just disagree with you on Romo; I simply think he's a better player than you do.
No big deal.

Right, no problem agreeing to disagree. At the end of the day, we are both Cowboys fans for life right? I like all posters here who are Cowboys fans, no matter how much I disagree with them on certain topics because we have a common goal, and that is for the Cowboys to win!

ufcrules1

Reaction score
DFWJC;4381326 said:
You won't hear me saying he's better than Rodgers though.

Amen to that. Glad you are reasonable. Believe it or not, there are SEVERAL posters here who think he is just as good as Rogers, Brady, Brees, and Peyton. Those guys are elite for a reason and have earned that label, Romo is good, but not elite IMO.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
ufcrules1;4381328 said:
No Cowboys fans would take that trade... well..except for me. I would take it and even throw in Felix too.

Didn't realise you were the appointed voice for all Cowboys fans opinions.

I'd trade Romo for Rodgers in a heartbeat and that has nothing to do with thinking Romo isn't great or good enough to win a championship for us.

It's simply because I think Rodgers it he best in the game today.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;4381403 said:
Didn't realise you were the appointed voice for all Cowboys fans opinions.

I'd trade Romo for Rodgers in a heartbeat and that has nothing to do with thinking Romo isn't great or good enough to win a championship for us.

It's simply because I think Rodgers it he best in the game today.

I was being facetious. A better way to put it is no blind homer Romo fan would take that trade. Because you would have to be a blind homer not to make that trade.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Gemini Dolly;4380538 said:
There was a time not that long ago, where I thought Tony Romo was better than Aaron, but, NOW, Aaron is without a doubt the more stellar QB. Same with Eli. I used to think Tony was much better, I cant say that anymore.

P.S. I still take Romo over Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco.

Funny how impressive gouys look when they have time to pick their nose in the pocket. On the other hand, they don't look so impressive when they are uncomfortable in the pocket all day.

Get back to me when Romo consistently has time in the pocket Like Eli, Brees and Rodgers.

Rodgers sure struggled under that Defensive pressure didn't he.

This just confirms my position that Romo is as good as Brees/Rodgers.

aikemirv

Reaction score
ufcrules1;4381349 said:
Amen to that. Glad you are reasonable. Believe it or not, there are SEVERAL posters here who think he is just as good as Rogers, Brady, Brees, and Peyton. Those guys are elite for a reason and have earned that label, Romo is good, but not elite IMO.

It is called an OLINE!

Reaction score
Rodgers is a good front runner and has a good front running defense.

Anyone who pays attention though knows that if you need a comeback there's not many guys you'd rather have over Romo. Peyton (if he ever plays again), Brady, and interestingly Eli are all great comeback QBs, much better than Rodgers in that respect.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
WV Cowboy;4381003 said:
When I think of Aikman, I rarely think of 1990.

By the time that we had won 3 Super Bowls out of four years, the opportunity for Aikman to bring his team from behind in the 4th qtr did not present itself as often for him as it did for other, less successful QB's.

At that time I remember some on TV saying he didn't have as many game winning drives as so and so.

My only point was, ... I think he could have if need be, but he simply was not asked to do that as often because we weren't trailing as often as other teams.

Rodgers' comeback percentage is extremely low. That has nothing to do with "not being asked to do that" very often, it has to do with how often he gets it done when he IS asked to do it. He's had 21 chances to win the game when trailing by one score in the fourth quarter. He has won only three of those games -- a .167 winning percentage. Aikman, by the way, won 16 out of 50 -- a .320 percentage. The greatest comeback quarterbacks (Elway, Marino, Peyton Manning) are all about .400-.450.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Rodgers had a bad game now we have another Romo vs Rodgers comparison here we go again. :rolleyes: :laugh2:

perrykemp

Reaction score
AdamJT13;4381598 said:
Rodgers' comeback percentage is extremely low. That has nothing to do with "not being asked to do that" very often, it has to do with how often he gets it done when he IS asked to do it. He's had 21 chances to win the game when trailing by one score in the fourth quarter. He has won only three of those games -- a .167 winning percentage. Aikman, by the way, won 16 out of 50 -- a .320 percentage. The greatest comeback quarterbacks (Elway, Marino, Peyton Manning) are all about .400-.450.

Rogers has only lost 22 regular season games total in his career. You are saying he had a chance to win 21 of those games? Doesn't that seem obvious?

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
KJJ;4381609 said:
Rodgers had a bad game now we have another Romo vs Rodgers comparison here we go again. :rolleyes: :laugh2:

And if Eli wins next week and beyond, he's still below Tony on the totem pole.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
bbgun;4381622 said:

To blind homer Romo fans he is. You have people right here on this forum that think Romo is on the same level as Rogers and Brady. He just needs their offensive line.

If we had a perfect offensive line.. the next excuse would be the defense gives up too many points. Or his WR's aren't good enough.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
bbgun;4381622 said:

Of course FANS will just claim it would be Romo hoisting the Lombardi trophy if he played for the Giants.

Tricericon

Reaction score
DFWJC;4381160 said:
True, the lack of a ring keeps him out of the running for the single best of all time, but Aikman, Staubach, Bradshaw and many others are not in that conversation either.

No

tencharacters

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
ufcrules1;4381634 said:
To blind homer Romo fans he is. You have people right here on this forum that think Romo is on the same level as Rogers and Brady. He just needs their offensive line.

If we had a perfect offensive line.. the next excuse would be the defense gives up too many points. Or his WR's aren't good enough.

You have homers here who look strictly at Romo's career passer rating and because it's higher than Eli's that makes Romo the better QB in their eyes. :rolleyes: They could care less that Eli has an edge over Romo head to head and has beaten him in big games or that Eli has won 6 playoff games including a SB.

Chasper58

Reaction score
ufcrules1;4380530 said:
Would any of you here take Romo over Rogers? Right now, if you could make the trade.. would you do it?

Nope, take Rodgers everyday of the week and I like what Romo has done in Dallas

gbrittain

Reaction score
KJJ;4381656 said:
You have homers here who look strictly at Romo's career passer rating and because it's higher than Eli's that makes Romo the better QB in their eyes. :rolleyes: They could care less that Eli has an edge over Romo head to head and has beaten him in big games or that Eli has won 6 playoff games including a SB.

I did not realize Romo and Manning arm wrestled to see which team was better. I thought there were other players involved...my bad. Giants have proven to be a much better organization...could that possibly be why? Nope. No way. Better drafting, better coaching? Nope impossible. Gotta Be Romo's fault.:rolleyes:

I am absolutely positive if Romo played for the Giants and Manning for the Cowboys, Dallas would be in the NFC Championship game and two wins away from their second Super Bowl within five years. :lmao2:

Seriously. They are both pretty darn good QBs. Yep both. The difference in the teams is not the QBing. Wake up and smell the coffee.

Califan007

Reaction score
Romo2Bryant4Six;4380505 said:
Is now 3-18 when trailing entering the 4th quarter....

He has 3 4th quarter comebacks and 6 game winning drives
It may have already been explained, but how do you have 6 game winning drives but only end up winning 3 games? Were some of the game winning drives in the 3rd quarter?

Tricericon

Reaction score
Califan007;4381670 said:
It may have already been explained, but how do you have 6 game winning drives but only end up winning 3 games? Were some of the game winning drives in the 3rd quarter?

He's only won three times when trailing entering the 4th. Presumably, the other 3 GWD broke ties, or he was leading to start the 4th, fell behind, and then came back.