Aaron Rodgers is now 3-18 when trailing entering the fourth quarter

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
aikemirv;4381962 said:
He has a SuperBowl win because Samuel missed an east INT and the other guy made a spectacular catch. Now getting them in the endzone after that was a great job, but don't give me any junk, because he was lucky to be in that position after those passes, period.

Eli has a SB win because he played well in the playoffs that season or the Giants would have never reached the SB. He stopped turning the ball over like he did 24 times during the regular season and started taking care of the football and making big plays. His improved play elevated the play of his team and got them believing in him.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
KJJ;4382015 said:
Eli has a SB win because he played well in the playoffs that season or the Giants would have never reached the SB. He stopped turning the ball over like he did 24 times during the regular season and started taking care of the football and making big plays. His improved play elevated the play of his team and got them believing in him.

Is that you Archie?

ufcrules1

Reaction score
KJJ;4382003 said:
It's hard to apply that to Rodgers and Brees when they've both won SB's and SB MVP's. Both those QB's have accomplished a lot more than Romo and have reached an elite status that Romo is very unlikely to ever reach. The Cowboys have consistently faded in Dec/Jan under Romo since 06 with the exception of the 09 season. As I keep saying Romo is a good QB but he's been unable to elevate the play of his teammates in critical games.

At certain times this past season the Giants looked every bit as mediocre a team as the Cowboys but when Eli plays great he's able to elevate the play of his team. When a team believes in their QB even a QB like Tebow who can't even throw the football consistently can make their entire team better.

You make extremely valid points man. I really enjoy reading your posts but I think you underestimate some of the posters here who have mancrushes on Romo. They don't want the truth, they don't want to hear that Romo lost the Jets and Lions game and JG couldn't even trust Romo to throw the ball to try and pick up the first down at the end of the Patriots game because of what Romo did in the game before that.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Romo2Bryant4Six;4381992 said:
David tyree isn't even in the league anymore!!

Asante makes that play 9/10 that year

But you can only go by the box score, it tells the whole story :rolleyes:

Eli didn't have near the weapons 4 years ago and an average player like Tyree being on the field during a last ditch drive in a SB is proof of that. Eli got it done 4 years ago with a completely different cast of receivers than he has now. That wasn't an overly talented Giants team in 07 they won it all mostly due to the great mental toughness they showed during the postseason winning 3 straight playoff games on the road. They played the SB with great passion and emotion they believed they could beat NE and they did.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
LOBO7;4381972 said:
Your boy Rodgers faced a tough Defense yesterday and guess what, he looked average. No great comeback just a homefield playoff loss. Thats how a dog defense can make their own QB look average.

Yea, Rogers just took his team to 15-1 despite that dog defense didn't he? Sure, they choked in that game because the defensive line couldn't put ANY pressure on Manning but at least they recently won a superbowl and still have an extremely tough team. Get a few pashrushers and they have a solid chance of going to the superbowl again. I can't say the same about our Romo lead Cowboys...even though I will hope for it. I'm getting tired of the hope and no change though.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
KJJ;4382015 said:

Eli is extremely close to being elite now.. extremely.

DFWJC

Reaction score
ufcrules1;4382031 said:
You make extremely valid points man. I really enjoy reading your posts but I think you underestimate some of the posters here who have mancrushes on Romo. They don't want the truth, they don't want to hear that Romo lost the Jets and Lions game and JG couldn't even trust Romo to throw the ball to try and pick up the first down at the end of the Patriots game because of what Romo did in the game before that.
How is that you seem to conveniently forget all the MANY games that Romo has won for us but then when he throws for 330 yards and 3 TDs but also has 3 picks--all while playing with broken ribs--you will never let that go?

Reaction score
DFWJC;4382047 said:
How is that you seem to conveniently forget all the MANY games that Romo has won for us but then when he throws for 330 yards and 3 TDs but also has 3 picks--all while playing with broken ribs--you will never let that go?

Read the quote in my sig. Dude is trolling. That is clear and evident. Ignore him.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
ufcrules1;4382031 said:

Oh, I never underestimated the Romosexuals they run rampant here. They live in a Romo fantasy world where he's king and is sitting on a thrown surrounded by Lombardi trophies. They believe that any Cowboy fan who doesn't think Romo is better than Rodgers, Brees, Brady and Eli are Romo haters. Some FANS are clearly bothered by the truth because it hurts. Some fans here have a very good pulse on the team because they're able to put aside their love for the Cowboys and be honest. Some here choose to post using their heart while others choose to post using their head.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
ufcrules1;4382043 said:
Eli is extremely close to being elite now.. extremely.

I think Eli firmly established himself yesterday as an elite QB. For him to go into Lambeau and put up 330 yards and 3 TD's against a 15-1 Packers team being led by Aaron Rodgers the MVP this past season was another major skin added to his wall.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Fletch;4382027 said:
Is that you Archie?

Well if it isn't the FAN who kept assuring everyone the Cowboys would beat the Giants both times this past season. You're the same happy fan who started a thread calling for all the homers to ban together telling the realists to stay out. :cool: Your next movie should be titled "Fletch Lives in a Cowboys Fantasy World." So who do you think is the better QB Eli or Romo and if you think it's Romo which I'm sure you do explain the logic behind it?

DFWJC

Reaction score
KJJ;4382073 said:
I think Eli firmly established himself yesterday as an elite QB. For him to go into Lambeau and put up 330 yards and 3 TD's against a 15-1 Packers team being led by Aaron Rodgers the MVP this past season was another major skin added to his wall.
Eli has looked great, but I don't see where Aaron Rodgers had anything to do with Eli throwing for 330/3/1.
I think it had more to do with him playing well with crazy-good WRs against a truly horrible secondary.
The Giants D is far and away the reason they won...scoring 30 on GB is not really that amazing.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
KJJ;4382055 said:
Oh, I never underestimated the Romosexuals they run rampant here. They live in a Romo fantasy world where he's king and is sitting on a thrown surrounded by Lombardi trophies. They believe that any Cowboy fan who doesn't think Romo is better than Rodgers, Brees, Brady and Eli are Romo haters. Some FANS are clearly bothered by the truth because it hurts. Some fans here have a very good pulse on the team because they're able to put aside their love for the Cowboys and be honest. Some here choose to post using their heart while others choose to post using their head.

Spot on. I always think with my head instead of my heart and am always honest about what I see. Again, they are just my opinion but I feel they are accurate. It's nice to see other fans that see the same things I see.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
KJJ;4382073 said:

You know, I wouldn't even argue with you about that. I think he has established himself as elite. My top 5 Qb's playing right now would be Brady, Peyton, Rogers, Brees, and then Eli. The Giants are my second most hated team behind the Commanders too. Just goes to show you that I put my head before my heart though.

Ring Leader

Reaction score
DFWJC;4382104 said:
Eli has looked great, but I don't see where Aaron Rodgers had anything to do with Eli throwing for 330/3/1.
I think it had more to do with him playing well with crazy-good WRs against a truly horrible secondary.
The Giants D is far and away the reason they won...scoring 30 on GB is not really that amazing.

He forgot that Eli did it against the Packers D not the MVP QB. I guess we all get carried away at times.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
KJJ;4382088 said:
Well if it isn't the FAN who kept assuring everyone the Cowboys would beat the Giants both times this past season. You're the same happy fan who started a thread calling for all the homers to ban together telling the realists to stay out. :cool: Your next movie should be titled "Fletch Lives in a Cowboys Fantasy World." So who do you think is the better QB Eli or Romo and if you think it's Romo which I'm sure you do explain the logic behind it?

You kidding me? He would take Romo over Brees and Rogers... much less Eli.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
DFWJC;4382104 said:

I'm not sure it is the secondary that is horrible there.. I would put the most blame on their defensive line. Eli had enough time to sit back there and make a sandwich.

Regardless, Eli has performed at a high level in the playoffs several times. His biggest test will be Sunday against the 49ers who have a very tough defensive line and secondary. On top of that, they are playing on an even higher level than they did during the regular season. I couldn't believe some of the hits I was seeing them put on the Saints. I can't wait to see how Eli and the Giants do against them. I hope they MURDER the Giants.. and then lose in the superbowl.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
ufcrules1;4382175 said:
You kidding me? He would take Romo over Brees and Rogers... much less Eli.

I don't know if he would but there have been FANS who claim Romo is on par or even better than Rodgers, Brees and Brady but he doesn't have the supporting casts they do. One FAN claimed Romo would have 6 SB wins if he played in NE and another claimed Romo has already had a HOF career. :rolleyes: Some of the things FANS spew here are beyond ridiculous but it does make things entertaining especially during the offseason.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
DFWJC;4382104 said:

Where did I say Rodgers had something to do with Eli's performance? :confused: Eli clearly outplayed Rodgers who didn't look near as sharp as he did during the regular season and he had receivers dropping balls. Rodgers missed a deep throw that would have been an easy TD he was clearly off his game. The Giants D played great but they don't win without some of the plays Eli made.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
KJJ;4382212 said:
I don't know if he would but there have been FANS who claim Romo is on par or even better than Rodgers, Brees and Brady but he doesn't have the supporting casts they do. One FAN claimed Romo would have 6 SB wins if he played in NE and another claimed Romo has already had a HOF career. :rolleyes: Some of the things FANS spew here are beyond ridiculous but it does make things entertaining especially during the offseason.

I assure you there are SEVERAL people here who think Romo is on the same level as Rodgers, Brees and Brady and would even take Romo over them. It's like I'm in the twilight zone zone when I come here.