Aaron Rodgers is now 3-18 when trailing entering the fourth quarter

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
ufcrules1;4382232 said:
I assure you there are SEVERAL people here who think Romo is on the same level as Rodgers, Brees and Brady and would even take Romo over them. It's like I'm in the twilight zone zone when I come here.

Sometimes I think these FANS are pumping more moonshine than sunshine.

DFWJC

Reaction score
KJJ;4382223 said:
Where did I say Rodgers had something to do with Eli's performance? :confused: Eli clearly outplayed Rodgers who didn't look near as sharp as he did during the regular season and he had receivers dropping balls. Rodgers missed a deep throw that would have been an easy TD he was clearly off his game. The Giants D played great but they don't win without some of the plays Eli made.
I agree that Eli outgunned Rodgers yesterday.
He also made some nice plays throughout the game. Just recall that 2 of his 3 TDs were freakishly good plays by Hakeem Nicks. That Hail Mary prayer answered in the endzone before halftime was amazin....and that pick was fairly boneheaded.
Still, the guy is playing at a high level right now.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
DFWJC;4382255 said:
He also made some nice plays throughout the game. Just recall that 2 of his 3 TDs were freakishly good plays by Hakeem Nicks. That Hail Mary prayer answered in the endzone before halftime was amazing.

I can admit that Nicks is freakishly good! The dude is hard as hell to tackle and he has great hands.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Ring Leader;4382171 said:
He forgot that Eli did it against the Packers D not the MVP QB. I guess we all get carried away at times.

I don't forget anything I'm very thorough I leave the forgetting up to some of you who conveniently forget a lot of things that don't fit with your Romo is the greatest agenda. Eli did it against the 15-1 Packers that were being led by the soon to be named MVP of the league and he did it at Lambeau where the Packers rarely lose. Eli beat Favre and Rodgers at Lambeau in playoff games. Go check the Cowboys record at Lambeau when it was down to do or die. Both Rodgers and Eli are former SB MVP's and Eli outplayed him in a year where Rodgers was the toast of the NFL all season.

Eli has outplayed Brady in a SB which is something no other QB has ever done and now he helped take out a great Packers team that looked primed to repeat. The only ones who get carried away here are the ones who think Romo is better than Rodgers, Brees, Brady Eli and the rest of the QB's in the NFL. It's the FANS who drool over Romo's career passer rating thinking because it's amongst the all time greats that he must be amongst the all time greats. :rolleyes: Those are the ones who get carried away.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
DFWJC;4382255 said:
He also made some nice plays throughout the game. Just recall that 2 of his 3 TDs were freakishly good plays by Hakeem Nicks. That Hail Mary prayer answered in the endzone before halftime was amazin....and that pick was fairly boneheaded.
Still, the guy is playing at a high level right now.

Regardless that 2 of the TD's were freakishly good plays by Nicks Eli helped make those plays possible with the throws. A lot of FANS here try and make it sound like Eli is blessed with great luck all the time. Fans forget the TD pass Manningham dropped in the first game against the Cowboys. Eli has developed into an excellent QB who puts the ball where his receivers have a chance to make a play. Most great catches are made possible by a great throw and Nicks has dropped some balls on Eli this past season. All Hail Mary prayers that have ever been answered were a result of the throw being on target and the rest is up to the receiver.

JBond

Reaction score
MagicMan;4380527 said:
All that says is that the Pack has been ahead of most teams and not needed comebacks or game winning drives to take care of business. On the other hand, the Cowboys have been behind too freaking much and trying to scratch out a victory at the end.....Rodgers is still the better QB at this point in time---has a SB victory in his pocket and they are in position to keep contending each year. The Boys', not so much. :banghead:

How do you come to that conclusion based on a 3-18 record when trailing in the fourth?

Interesting logic.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
ufcrules1;4380530 said:
Would any of you here take Romo over Rogers? Right now, if you could make the trade.. would you do it?

I would take Romo over Rodgers. I don't think there's much difference between them as QBs (you can win with either), and I like what I've seen of Romo's personality much more than Rodgers, who comes off as cocky to me.

gimmesix

Reaction score
KJJ;4382330 said:
Regardless that 2 of the TD's were freakishly good plays by Nicks Eli helped make those plays possible with the throws. A lot of FANS here try and make it sound like Eli is blessed with great luck all the time. Fans forget the TD pass Manningham dropped in the first game against the Cowboys. Eli has developed into an excellent QB who puts the ball where his receivers have a chance to make a play. Most great catches are made possible by a great throw and Nicks has dropped some balls on Eli this past season. All Hail Mary prayers that have ever been answered were a result of the throw being on target and the rest is up to the receiver.

I agree and disagree with this. When you are hanging the ball up in the air, the defender has just as much of a chance to get it, but what you are saying is that you trust your guy to win the battle.

The throw is "on target" in the sense that you gave your receiver a shot at it, but it's a great throw because of the receiver. If your receiver loses that battle, it's a poor throw because you just threw the ball into coverage when your receiver wasn't open.

perrykemp

Reaction score
gimmesix;4382398 said:
I would take Romo over Rodgers. I don't think there's much difference between them as QBs (you can win with either), and I like what I've seen of Romo's personality much more than Rodgers, who comes off as cocky to me.

Other than Aaron Rodgers career QB rating (104) being higher than Tony Romo's single greatest season (102), you might be right.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
KJJ;4382308 said:
It's the FANS who drool over Romo's career passer rating thinking because it's amongst the all time greats that he must be amongst the all time greats. :rolleyes: Those are the ones who get carried away.
Romo's had 5 seasons in the top 8 in passer rating.

These are the only QB who've had more:

1. Joe Montana (11) 1980-85, 87-90, 93
2. Fran Tarkenton (10) 1964, 67-70, 72-76
2. Peyton Manning (10) 1999-2000, 02-09
4. Sammy Baugh (9) 1937, 40-45, 47, 49
4. Dan Marino (9) 1983-87, 91-92, 94, 96
4. Brett Favre (9) 1992, 94-97, 2001, 03, 07, 09
7. Johnny Unitas (8) 1956-59, 63-65, 67
7. Steve Young (8) 1991-98
9. Roger Staubach (7) 1971, 73, 75-79
10. Dan Fouts (6) 1978-83
10. Troy Aikman (6) 1991-95, 98

Whatever we say, Romo only needs one more year in the top 8 to make this list.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
gimmesix;4382406 said:
I agree and disagree with this. When you are hanging the ball up in the air, the defender has just as much of a chance to get it, but what you are saying is that you trust your guy to win the battle.

The throw is "on target" in the sense that you gave your receiver a shot at it, but it's a great throw because of the receiver. If your receiver loses that battle, it's a poor throw because you just threw the ball into coverage when your receiver wasn't open.

It's not that you "trust" your guy will win the battle because you're not risking anything you're throwing up a prayer with nothing to lose and everything to gain. It takes an "on target" throw for a receiver to have a chance and a lot receivers today do have a chance because a lot of them are 6' 2" and over and can win battles. A lot of defenders in the secondary can't match up physically with some of these big receivers. It's rare for a Hail Mary to work because your receiver is in a crowd with little room to maneuver so all they can do is jump and try and come down with it.

The throw can be perfect but the receiver could still lose the battle because there's a number of defenders trying to knock down the ball. The defenders are usually not trying for the int they're slapping at the ball to knock it down which makes it more difficult for the receiver to come down with it. It's a lucky play if it works and it's worth the try with time running out right before the half.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
percyhoward;4382424 said:
Romo's had 5 seasons in the top 8 in passer rating.

These are the only QB who've had more:

1. Joe Montana (11) 1980-85, 87-90, 93
2. Fran Tarkenton (10) 1964, 67-70, 72-76
2. Peyton Manning (10) 1999-2000, 02-09
4. Sammy Baugh (9) 1937, 40-45, 47, 49
4. Dan Marino (9) 1983-87, 91-92, 94, 96
4. Brett Favre (9) 1992, 94-97, 2001, 03, 07, 09
7. Johnny Unitas (8) 1956-59, 63-65, 67
7. Steve Young (8) 1991-98
9. Roger Staubach (7) 1971, 73, 75-79
10. Dan Fouts (6) 1978-83
10. Troy Aikman (6) 1991-95, 98

Whatever we say, Romo only needs one more year in the top 8 to make this list.

Who cares if he makes that list it's not going to put him on par with those QB's. It's not going to make him better than Tom Brady because Brady isn't on that list.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
gimmesix;4382398 said:

Rodgers has one bad game finally looking human and now some think there's not much difference between him and Romo. :rolleyes:

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
KJJ;4382462 said:
Who cares if he makes that list it's not going to put him on par with those QB's.
You mean, of the 12 quarterbacks in the history of the league who will have ever done it, Romo will be the worst?

gimmesix

Reaction score
perrykemp;4382410 said:
Other than Aaron Rodgers career QB rating (104) being higher than Tony Romo's single greatest season (102), you might be right.

Rodgers guided his team to a Super Bowl last year, but the defense also played a pretty big role in that success.

Give Romo that kind of defense, and I think we'll see similar results.

That's not saying they are equal as QBs, simply that I believe both can deliver Super Bowl titles with a strong supporting cast. Given that, I'd rather have Romo.

gimmesix

Reaction score
KJJ;4382464 said:
Rodgers has one bad game finally looking human and now some think there's not much difference between him and Romo. :rolleyes:

And some think that a team's success completely depends on its quarterback play, and a quarterback's success has nothing to do with the team.

Give the two equal supporting casts/coaches, and I don't think you'd see drastically different results or numbers.

I have no doubt in Romo's ability to lead this team to the Super Bowl with the right cast, and from that standpoint, there is not much difference between him and Rodgers. So I'll keep Romo, thank you.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
percyhoward;4382488 said:
You mean, of the 12 quarterbacks in the history of the league who will have ever done it, Romo will be the worst?

Dude every QB on that list is in the Hall of Fame or will be and it isn't because of their passer ratings I can promise you that. If it was all about passer ratings Shaun Hill, Rich Gannon, Marc Bulger, Trent Green, Donavan McNabb and David Garrard would all be considered better QB's than Rodger Staubach and several other HOF QB's.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
KJJ;4382515 said:
If it was all about passer ratings Shaun Hill, Rich Gannon, Marc Bulger, Trent Green, Donavan McNabb and David Garrard would all be considered better QB's than Rodger Staubach and several other HOF QB's.
No they wouldn't, dude.

Staubach had seven (7) top 8 seasons.

Green 5
McNabb 4
Gannon 4
Bulger 3
Garrard 1
Shaun Who?

Passer rating is nothing more than TD, INT, and yards per attempt. Staubach was consistently better at throwing TD, avoiding INT, and averaging a high yards per attempt than any of those guys you named. How does passer rating make them better than Rodger Staubach?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
gimmesix;4382501 said:
And some think that a team's success completely depends on its quarterback play, and a quarterback's success has nothing to do with the team.

Give the two equal supporting casts/coaches, and I don't think you'd see drastically different results or numbers.

I have no doubt in Romo's ability to lead this team to the Super Bowl with the right cast, and from that standpoint, there is not much difference between him and Rodgers. So I'll keep Romo, thank you.

Much of a teams success is dependent on their QB it's a passing league. Look at the Broncos vs the Steelers when Tebow was able to make plays in the passing game and look at them vs NE when he was unable to. I said right before the playoffs started if Aaron Rodgers has a bad day the Packers will be done. The 49ers have one of the best defenses in the league but the main reason they're playing for the right to go to the SB is because Alex Smith won a shootout with Drew Brees. Even good defenses are struggling trying to stop these high flying passing attacks. The NFL has become who can out shoot the other. The rules favor the passing game and offenses continuing spreading out defenses with all these big, fast physical receivers and it resulted with 3 QB's passing for over 5000 yards in 2011.

Say what you will about Romo the comments comparing him with the top QB's in the game like Rodgers and Brees are becoming more ridiculous every day. You can bet if Brady has a bad game Sunday FANS will be on here in droves claiming Romo is better as they continue living in the moment. I hope some of you keep the nonsense coming because it's going to help keep a lot of us thoroughly entertained this offseason.