Aaron Rodgers is now 3-18 when trailing entering the fourth quarter

Califan007

Reaction score
Fat Toad;4381675 said:
He's only won three times when trailing entering the 4th. Presumably, the other 3 GWD broke ties, or he was leading to start the 4th, fell behind, and then came back.
Ah, ok...I glossed over the "when trailing ENTERING the 4th quarter"...I assumed it was when trailing in the 4th quarter at any time, not just at the 15:00 mark.

perrykemp

Reaction score
Califan007;4381670 said:
It may have already been explained, but how do you have 6 game winning drives but only end up winning 3 games? Were some of the game winning drives in the 3rd quarter?

It turns how the definition of 4th quarter come backs and game-winning drives is very subjective.

A few years ago somebody did like 10-15 page dissertation on what defined game-winning drives and 4th quarter comebacks and how "off" the numbers used by popular media is when talking about QBs. It makes interesting reading and can be found here:

Part 1: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/blog/?p=3392

Part 2: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/blog/?p=3401

Part 3: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/blog/?p=5521

aikemirv

Reaction score
KJJ;4381656 said:
You have homers here who look strictly at Romo's career passer rating and because it's higher than Eli's that makes Romo the better QB in their eyes. :rolleyes: They could care less that Eli has an edge over Romo head to head and has beaten him in big games or that Eli has won 6 playoff games including a SB.

Head to head over Romo huh.

Head to head on the D-Line - who do you think wins that over those years.

Be honest because its a landslide.

Head to head on the Oline - who do you think wins that over the years

Be honest here because its a landslide!

Reaction score
Bowdown27;4380759 said:
I'd still take tony over any Other qb in the league. WHEN he wins a super bowl. That's right I said when not if.....he should be considered a top 5 qb period. Cuz this post season showed brees and Aaron aren't all there cracked up to be when the pressure is on.

Brees is not all he's cracked up to be, but Rodgers? No way. He's still the best quarterback in the game. Once again it's not Aaron's fault his recievers couldn't catch the ball.

Reaction score
KJJ;4381656 said:
You have homers here who look strictly at Romo's career passer rating and because it's higher than Eli's that makes Romo the better QB in their eyes. :rolleyes: They could care less that Eli has an edge over Romo head to head and has beaten him in big games or that Eli has won 6 playoff games including a SB.

Romo is better than Eli. Yeah Eli's won head to head match ups, but that's because he's had a better team around him. Better defense and better OL. Dude has literally all day to throw while Romo doesn't have that luxury. However even though Romo is my favorite player even I know saying he's superior to Rodgers is laughable.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4381729 said:
Brees is not all he's cracked up to be, but Rodgers? No way. He's still the best quarterback in the game. Once again it's not Aaron's fault his recievers couldn't catch the ball.

I like Rodgers and I think he is the best right now but he was way off yesterday! I think he was rusty from time off.

Reaction score
aikemirv;4381734 said:
I like Rodgers and I think he is the best right now but he was way off yesterday! I think he was rusty from time off.

He really wasn't. If you look at his numbers he was 26-46, 2 TD's and a late game pick which he only threw because he had to force the ball down the field. His recievers dropped the ball like 10 times. If they didn't drop all those balls he's 36-46.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4381739 said:
He really wasn't. If you look at his numbers he was 26-46, 2 TD's and a late game pick which he only threw because he had to force the ball down the field. His recievers dropped the ball like 10 times. If they didn't drop all those balls he's 36-46.

Some of the balls they call drops these days are pretty tuff. For example the early Finley "drop" where he almost had his head taken off was on Rodgers.

How about the crossing route to Finley I think in the third where he did not have anyone within 10 yards of him and Rodgers makes it a VERY tough catch with heat.

The early TD miss to Jenins was a terrible throw.

He was off from his normal self.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
gbrittain;4381667 said:
I did not realize Romo and Manning arm wrestled to see which team was better. I thought there were other players involved...my bad. Giants have proven to be a much better organization...could that possibly be why? Nope. No way. Better drafting, better coaching? Nope impossible. Gotta Be Romo's fault.:rolleyes:

I am absolutely positive if Romo played for the Giants and Manning for the Cowboys, Dallas would be in the NFC Championship game and two wins away from their second Super Bowl within five years. :lmao2:

Seriously. They are both pretty darn good QBs. Yep both. The difference in the teams is not the QBing. Wake up and smell the coffee.

I've watched both QB'S and how they handle pressure. Early on in Eli's career.. he was a big baby and would break easy. That isn't the case anymore though. That dude is calm as can be.. even with a ton of pressure in his face. He is as clutch as they come now, he is really becoming a top QB. Yes, the Giants have a better offensive line than the Cowboys do, but that isn't what I'm talking about. I'm saying when the pocket collapses and he has pressure in his face. Romo panics like crazy and sometimes even runs into his own players, runs pass the line of scrimmage and throws the ball, throws terrible passes, won't throw the ball away, takes terrible sacks, etc.

Eli is the better QB. I'm going to go punch myself in the stomach now.

ufcrules1

Reaction score

You are coming around kid. ;)

ufcrules1

Reaction score
aikemirv;4381756 said:
Some of the balls they call drops these days are pretty tuff. For example the early Finley "drop" where he almost had his head taken off was on Rodgers.

How about the crossing route to Finley I think in the third where he did not have anyone within 10 yards of him and Rodgers makes it a VERY tough catch with heat.

The early TD miss to Jenins was a terrible throw.

He was off from his normal self.

I will agree with this, I'm not blind.. he did miss "some throws". His receivers really burned him in this game too though. Also, the fumbles hurt him too. He had to play from behind a lot in this game. Regardless, he is elite and I would go so far as to say he is the best QB in the league right now. I couldn't believe some of those first downs he ran for in that game.

perrykemp

Reaction score

He also ran for the most yards of any QB in the playoffs since Michael Vick in 2005. His ability to run for 1st downs (lots of them) is what seperates him, ever so slightly, from Brady and Brees IMHO.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
gbrittain;4381667 said:
I did not realize Romo and Manning arm wrestled to see which team was better. I thought there were other players involved...my bad. Giants have proven to be a much better organization...could that possibly be why? Nope. No way. Better drafting, better coaching? Nope impossible. Gotta Be Romo's fault.:rolleyes:

I am absolutely positive if Romo played for the Giants and Manning for the Cowboys, Dallas would be in the NFC Championship game and two wins away from their second Super Bowl within five years. :lmao2:

Seriously. They are both pretty darn good QBs. Yep both. The difference in the teams is not the QBing. Wake up and smell the coffee.

If Romo and Eli did arm wrestle to determine who's team was better then Romo better start lifting some weights. The Giants are clearly a much better organization with much better coaching. They're a very resilient team that's able to pick themselves up time and time again during the season when things look hopeless and start playing great when it matters most. A lot of the Giants success is due to their faith in Eli the team believes in him and he's able to raise their level of play.

He's led the Giants to a SB win over an 18-0 team winning the SB MVP honor so he's earned the respect of his teammates and they trust him in big games. Although Romo had a good season in 2011 I still don't think the team totally trusts him. He's only won one playoff game and isn't able to raise the level of play of his teammates in critical late season games. The Cowboys showed no energy at all against NY in the season finale. They had Brooking one of the teams weakest links who's on the way out doing the fire up huddle. :rolleyes:

There's always been a leadership question with Romo and QB's that are labeled "leaders" always seem to be able to raise their teams level of play especially in big late season games. Eli is playing at an ELITE level a much higher level than Romo has ever played at during the playoffs and has been amazing in the 4th quarter all season.

The homers here can dog Eli all they want claiming Romo is better but the fact is Eli's play has been OUTSTANDING. There's no question Romo is a good QB that can't be argued but he's not the QB Eli is and has not shown the ability to raise his teammates level of play in critical games like Eli has.

Reaction score

Kind of like the 07 playoff game against the Giants??

aikemirv

Reaction score
perrykemp;4381765 said:
He also ran for the most yards of any QB in the playoffs since Michael Vick in 2005. His ability to run for 1st downs (lots of them) is what seperates him, ever so slightly, from Brady and Brees IMHO.

I agree with this, he was very impressive picking up 1st downs. My son and I were talking about that throughout the game how he did not just go down when someone was coming - he was all out and made some very nifty moves for 1st downs.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Romo2Bryant4Six;4381777 said:
Kind of like the 07 playoff game against the Giants??

No,no, no your mistaken. Romo has to catch it for them too - don't you know that already. He also has to run the right route also.

Get with the program!!!!!

He is supposed to be like Snoopy playing ping-pong with himself!!!!

Smith22

Reaction score
ufcrules1;4380534 said:
Don't be mad cause Flacco now has 5 playoff wins and the guy you have a crush on only has 1.

Flacco is OK. Check his stats in the playoffs. His numbers suck other than wins.

Having a top 10 defense does wonders for a QB. Having Ray Rice doesn't hurt either.

The only OL the Cowboys have that would start in Baltimore is T. Smith. That is it.

They picked up Gurode and made him a backup.

Reaction score
aikemirv;4381782 said:
No,no, no your mistaken. Romo has to catch it for them too - don't you know that already. He also has to run the right route also.

Get with the program!!!!!

He is supposed to be like Snoopy playing ping-pong with himself!!!!

:lmao: