Aaron Rodgers is now 3-18 when trailing entering the fourth quarter

ufcrules1

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4381766 said:
I'm guessing someone hacked your account.

I have nothing against you man. We just have a different opinion on Romo, that is all. We are both Cowboys fans.

Reaction score
ufcrules1;4381805 said:
I have nothing against you man. We just have a different opinion on Romo, that is all. We are both Cowboys fans.

It's cuz you made a post saying Romo > Rodgers that's why I thought someone hacked you.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
KJJ;4381768 said:
If Romo and Eli did arm wrestle to determine who's team was better then Romo better start lifting some weights. The Giants are clearly a much better organization with much better coaching. They're a very resilient team that's able to pick themselves up time and time again during the season when things look hopeless and start playing great when it matters most. A lot of the Giants success is due to their faith in Eli the team believes in him and he's able to raise their level of play.

He's led the Giants to a SB win over an 18-0 team winning the SB MVP honor so he's earned the respect of his teammates and they trust him in big games. Although Romo had a good season in 2011 I still don't think the team totally trusts him. He's only won one playoff game and isn't able to raise the level of play of his teammates in critical late season games. The Cowboys showed no energy at all against NY in the season finale. They had Brooking one of the teams weakest links who's on the way out doing the fire up huddle. :rolleyes:

There's always been a leadership question with Romo and QB's that are labeled "leaders" always seem to be able to raise their teams level of play especially in big late season games. Eli is playing at an ELITE level a much higher level than Romo has ever played at during the playoffs and has been amazing in the 4th quarter all season.

The homers here can dog Eli all they want claiming Romo is better but the fact is Eli's play has been OUTSTANDING. There's no question Romo is a good QB that can't be argued but he's not the QB Eli is and has not shown the ability to raise his teammates level of play in critical games like Eli has.

Terrific post. You couldn't be more right if you tried.
:bow:

ufcrules1

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4381811 said:
It's cuz you made a post saying Romo > Rodgets that's why I thought someone hacked you.

I was joking man. Haha... you should know my true feelings for Romo by now. Romo is not elite and he isn't on Rogers level.

gbrittain

Reaction score
KJJ;4381768 said:
If Romo and Eli did arm wrestle to determine who's team was better then Romo better start lifting some weights. The Giants are clearly a much better organization with much better coaching. They're a very resilient team that's able to pick themselves up time and time again during the season when things look hopeless and start playing great when it matters most. A lot of the Giants success is due to their faith in Eli the team believes in him and he's able to raise their level of play.

He's led the Giants to a SB win over an 18-0 team winning the SB MVP honor so he's earned the respect of his teammates and they trust him in big games. Although Romo had a good season in 2011 I still don't think the team totally trusts him. He's only won one playoff game and isn't able to raise the level of play of his teammates in critical late season games. The Cowboys showed no energy at all against NY in the season finale. They had Brooking one of the teams weakest links who's on the way out doing the fire up huddle. :rolleyes:

There's always been a leadership question with Romo and QB's that are labeled "leaders" always seem to be able to raise their teams level of play especially in big late season games. Eli is playing at an ELITE level a much higher level than Romo has ever played at during the playoffs and has been amazing in the 4th quarter all season.

The homers here can dog Eli all they want claiming Romo is better but the fact is Eli's play has been OUTSTANDING. There's no question Romo is a good QB that can't be argued but he's not the QB Eli is and has not shown the ability to raise his teammates level of play in critical games like Eli has.

I don't dog Eli at all. I do understand that too many judge individual performances by team accomplishments.

If the football gods came to me and said your life depends on the Cowboys winning a Super Bowl next year. You can have a legitimate defense of your choice or bring back the Cowboys as is but you can have the QB of your choice. I believe in Romo and I would take the defense without hesitating.

All year I heard about how defense don't matter look at Brees and Rodgers. They are both sitting at home like Romo.

The reality is the only thing separating Romo from the elites is team accomplishments. Let Romo be the second highest rated QB of all time and then add a Super Bowl championship to his resume and there is no doubt he is elite.

Of course, I understand the flip side. The Romo haters believe he is the reason we don't have a Super Bowl. I just disagree.

I think the only reason playoffs and Super Bowl are mentioned in the same sentence as the Cowboys is because of Tony Romo.

Given the choice I would take Dalton over TJ Yates. Yates won. Brees over Smith. Smith won. Rodgers over Manning. Manning won. Roethlisberger over Tebow. Tebow won.

It happens year after year, the teams with the better well...team, organization, and coaching win.

If anyone wants to argue that Romo has had the kind of support the other Super Bowl winning QBs have had then I would argue they are more delusional than me saying Tony is an elite QB. Notice I did not say the most elite but yet elite.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Califan007;4381670 said:
It may have already been explained, but how do you have 6 game winning drives but only end up winning 3 games? Were some of the game winning drives in the 3rd quarter?

It's only the fourth quarter, and you can get credit for a game-winning drive if the score was tied.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
gbrittain;4381822 said:
Let Romo be the second highest rated QB of all time and then add a Super Bowl championship to his resume and there is no doubt he is elite.

Yeah, come talk to me when he gets a superbowl win or even leads his team to the NFC division, or heck, even wins 2 playoff games in one year. Then we can "talk" about elite. What you are failing to realize is it's not only the teams fault for being as bad as they are every year. Romo plays a roll in that too. He is part of the problem... he needs to be more of a leader and step his game up as well. Not step it up after he costs his team 2 or 3 games either. The whole year.

Romo is NOT a leader and he even has doubters on his own team that he can't lead them to a superbowl.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
bbgun;4381622 said:
And if Eli wins next week and beyond, he's still below Tony on the totem pole.

You wouldn't think so. I think people have to realise at this point that Eli is pretty damn good in his own right and if people pick him over Tony it's really not a slight at Tony.

ufcrules1;4381634 said:
To blind homer Romo fans he is. You have people right here on this forum that think Romo is on the same level as Rogers and Brady. He just needs their offensive line.

If we had a perfect offensive line.. the next excuse would be the defense gives up too many points. Or his WR's aren't good enough.

Who said perfect anything? A competent O-Line isn't much to ask for though.

Take a look around at ALL the QBs and see how they do when you get them pressured like Romo is pressure.

Rodgers was less than himself because of it.

Brees was much less than himself because of it.

Brady was made to look mortal against the Giants pass rush in 07.

You people who act like its only Romo who struggles when heavily pressured have some serious football issues. Either you don't pay any attention to other teams, never played any football in your life, or you just plain aren't smart at all when it comes to football.

Pressure KILLS a QB. Even the best QBs struggle, and struggle a great deal against it.

They also make plays against it and Romo has made plays against serious pressure many times.

gbrittain;4381667 said:
I did not realize Romo and Manning arm wrestled to see which team was better. I thought there were other players involved...my bad. Giants have proven to be a much better organization...could that possibly be why? Nope. No way. Better drafting, better coaching? Nope impossible. Gotta Be Romo's fault.:rolleyes:

I am absolutely positive if Romo played for the Giants and Manning for the Cowboys, Dallas would be in the NFC Championship game and two wins away from their second Super Bowl within five years. :lmao2:

Seriously. They are both pretty darn good QBs. Yep both. The difference in the teams is not the QBing. Wake up and smell the coffee.

Agreed completely.

I'm also curious about this 'rise the level of his team mates' stuff and not just in relation to Romo.

You can apply this directly to Rodgers or Brees this weekend as well.

HOw is it their fault if their linemen get beat and can't block?

What does a QB do, exactly, to make their receivers run the right route or not drop passes in the game?

A qb, even a great one, can only over-come these types of miscues a very few times in a game and have any real hope of winning games, especially big ones.

Having quite a few in the same game is extremely difficult to over come and the chances of it are not good.

Rodgers having his receivers drop 7-10 passes yesterday is TOUGH for a QB to do much about. Whats he supposed to do? Catch it for them?

Sometimes I think fans today simply don't grasp the team aspect of football and it's truly a very sad and mind blowing situation.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
WV Cowboy;4380582 said:
They used to hold it against Aikman that he didn't have many comebacks. But like Rogers, he was not behind that often late in games, so he didn't have a ton of comebacks.

If I remember right though, he was a pretty good QB.

That is because Aikman and co would destroy people in the 3rd qtr and instead Dallas gives up big plays, int and fumbles between the 3rd and 4th qtrs

gbrittain

Reaction score
ufcrules1;4381837 said:
Yeah, come talk to me when he gets a superbowl win or even leads his team to the NFC division, or heck, even wins 2 playoff games in one year. Then we can "talk" about elite.

Romo is NOT a leader and he even has doubters on his own team that he can't lead them to a superbowl.

Totally useless comment. I understand we are not going to agree so that is not the problem.

You did just bypass the rest of the team and put it all on Romo. That is the disconnect. No logical person does that.

Make the argument that Dallas has Super Bowl talent if you will and Romo is holding them back. That is where you have to make your case. I'm all ears...uh eyes.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
ufcrules1;4381837 said:
Yeah, come talk to me when he gets a superbowl win or even leads his team to the NFC division, or heck, even wins 2 playoff games in one year. Then we can "talk" about elite. What you are failing to realize is it's not only the teams fault for being as bad as they are every year. Romo plays a roll in that too. He is part of the problem... he needs to be more of a leader and step his game up as well. Not step it up after he costs his team 2 or 3 games either. The whole year.

I'm curious as to where you got this exclusive and important information. You know he has team mates who don't think he can lead them? Who? Where'd you hear that?

Oh I'm going to take a guess here and venture that you completely made that up and you have absolutely not proof, or something even resembling good enough information to manufacture a rumor, that he has any team mates who think that way.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
gbrittain;4381847 said:
Totally useless comment. I understand we are not going to agree so that is not the problem.

You did just bypass the rest of the team and put it all on Romo. That is the disconnect. No logical person does that.

Make the argument that Dallas has Super Bowl talent if you will and Romo is holding them back. That is where you have to make your case. I'm all ears...uh eyes.

I'd be interested in a case like that being presented.

Of course you'll get the old "1 playoff win".

That's their case because they can't explain, with any sort of credibility, how this team as it's currently constructed is being held back, in anyway, by it's QB.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
perrykemp;4381619 said:
Rogers has only lost 22 regular season games total in his career. You are saying he had a chance to win 21 of those games?

No, heRodgers had a chance to win 18 of the games that he has lost (including the playoffs). The three games that he WON can't be included among his career losses, you know.

The only games that he has won when he was behind by one score near the end of the game came against the 2008 Lions (the 0-16 team) or the 2009 Bears, and one of those "comeback" drives was an 11-yard drive that ended with Ryan Grant's TD run with more than 12 minutes left. In the eighteen other times when he was behind by one score near the end of the game, he lost.

Like I said earlier, as great as Aaron Rodgers is -- and he's probably the best in the NFL right now -- for some reason, he has not been able to win games when he has been behind late in the fourth quarter and needed one score to win.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;4381848 said:
I'm curious as to where you got this exclusive and important information. You know he has team mates who don't think he can lead them? Who? Where'd you hear that?

Oh I'm going to take a guess here and venture that you completely made that up and you have absolutely not proof, or something even resembling good enough information to manufacture a rumor, that he has any team mates who think that way.

Chill out Romo's personal cheerleader.

I met with a popular WR on the team..I actually won a contest where he was giving away 2 tickets and 1k in cash on his twitter account last year. Sat down and ate with him for about an hour and asked him a ton of questions. PM me your email address and I will provide proof that I did in fact meet with him. As far as what we discussed.. well, there is no way for me to prove that.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;4381856 said:
I'd be interested in a case like that being presented.

Of course you'll get the old "1 playoff win".

That's their case because they can't explain, with any sort of credibility, how this team as it's currently constructed is being held back, in anyway, by it's QB.

I've said this a million times on here. Everyone needs to step up their game on this team INCLUDING Romo. There are far bigger issues obviously on this team besides Romo.

1. No secondary
2. No pressure from the defensive line
3. Offensive line needs work even though they were ranked #13 this year.
4. Romo giving away games.
5. Coaches have to stop learning on the job.
6. Jerry Jones

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
gbrittain;4381822 said:
I don't dog Eli at all. I do understand that too many judge individual performances by team accomplishments.

If the football gods came to me and said your life depends on the Cowboys winning a Super Bowl next year. You can have a legitimate defense of your choice or bring back the Cowboys as is but you can have the QB of your choice. I believe in Romo and I would take the defense without hesitating.

All year I heard about how defense don't matter look at Brees and Rodgers. They are both sitting at home like Romo.

The reality is the only thing separating Romo from the elites is team accomplishments. Let Romo be the second highest rated QB of all time and then add a Super Bowl championship to his resume and there is no doubt he is elite.

Of course, I understand the flip side. The Romo haters believe he is the reason we don't have a Super Bowl. I just disagree.

I think the only reason playoffs and Super Bowl are mentioned in the same sentence as the Cowboys is because of Tony Romo.

Given the choice I would take Dalton over TJ Yates. Yates won. Brees over Smith. Smith won. Rodgers over Manning. Manning won. Roethlisberger over Tebow. Tebow won.

It happens year after year, the teams with the better well...team, organization, and coaching win.

If anyone wants to argue that Romo has had the kind of support the other Super Bowl winning QBs have had then I would argue they are more delusional than me saying Tony is an elite QB. Notice I did not say the most elite but yet elite.

Never claimed you dogged Eli just saying that a lot of Cowboy homers do because they're bitter at what he and the Giants have accomplished. Everytime Eli and the Giants knock off the Cowboys a lot of FANS here do everything they can to try and knock Eli's game down and make it appear Romo is still the better QB. You have some dreamers here who think Romo is on par if not better than Rodgers, Brady and Brees. :rolleyes: What separates Eli from Romo is he's always been a better big game QB than Romo that's why he has a SB win and a SB MVP. This is why Eli has won 6 playoff games compared to Romo's 1 playoff win.

This is why the Giants keep beating the Cowboys in big games and go on to have playoff success. A lot of FANS here act like Romo has never had any good teams around him which is total BS. He had what appeared to be a great team around him in 07. That team had 13 pro bowlers and beat the Giants TWICE during the regular season. That 07 Cowboys team was 12-1 at one point not even our great 90's teams ever reached 12-1.

That Cowboys team beat a 10-1 Packers team but both the Packers and Giants ended up going farther than the Cowboys. Romo's game came apart the final month of the 07 season having more turnovers than TD's. While Romo's game was in decline and he was relaxing in Cabo with Jessica Simpson Eli's game was on the rise and he outplayed Romo in the playoffs. Everytime Eli starts playing great the Giants start playing great. I'm not blaming Romo for what happened this past season but let's face it he played a part in the team missing the playoffs having coughed up 2 second half leads with 5 turnovers earlier in the season.

He's a very good QB but he's been unable to elevate the players around him in big critical games. One of the main issues that continues to hold the Cowboys back is the lack of solid coaching. The Cowboys continue to lack leadership on the field and on the sidelines it's resulted in a lack of mental toughness and confidence in big games. The team never believed in Wade who was a failure as a HC for other teams and they don't believe in Garrett who showed in 2011 he can't even do the basics managing the clock.

aikemirv

Reaction score
KJJ;4381951 said:
Never claimed you dogged Eli just saying that a lot of Cowboy homers do because they're bitter at what he and the Giants have accomplished. Everytime Eli and the Giants knock off the Cowboys a lot of FANS here do everything they can to try and make it appear Romo is still a better QB than Eli. You have some dreamers here who think Romo is on par if not better than Rodgers, Brady and Brees. :rolleyes: What separates Eli from Romo is he's always been a better big game QB than Romo that's why he has a SB win and a SB MVP. This is why Eli has won 6 playoff games compared to Romo's 1 playoff win.

This is why the Giants keep beating the Cowboys in big games and go on to have playoff success. A lot of FANS here act like Romo has never had any good teams around him and that's BS. He had what appeared to be a great team around him in 07. That team had 13 pro bowlers and beat the Giants TWICE during the regular season. That 07 Cowboys team was 12-1 at one point not even our great 90's team ever reached 12-1.

That Cowboys team beat a 10-1 Packers team but both the Packers and Giants ended up going farther than the Cowboys. Romo's game came apart the final month of the 07 season having more turnovers than TD's. While Romo's game was in decline and he was relaxing in Cabo with Jessica Simpson Eli's game was on the rise and he outplayed Romo in the playoffs. Everytime Eli starts playing great the Giants start playing great. I'm not blaming Romo for what happened this past season but let's face it he played a part in the team missing the playoffs having coughed up 2 second half leads with 5 turnovers earlier in the season.

He's a very good QB but he's been unable to elevate the players around him in big critical games. One of the main issues that continues to hold the Cowboys back is the lack of solid coaching. The Cowboys continue to lack leadership on the field and on the sidelines it's resulted in a lack of mental toughness and confidence in big games. The team never believed in Wade who was a failure as a HC for other teams and they don't believe in Garrett who showed in 2011 he can't even do the basics managing the clock.

He has a SuperBowl win because Samuel missed an east INT and the other guy made a spectacular catch. Now getting them in the endzone after that was a great job, but don't give me any junk, because he was lucky to be in that position after those passes, period.

LOBO7

Reaction score
ufcrules1;4381837 said:

You dont have a clue if Romo can lead or not. How many huddles have you been in lately? Hes has brought the team back time after time to go to the sideline and watch our horrible defenses let any qd drive the ball right down our throats. Do you not get that? He does bring us back almost every game and then the dee colapses.

Your boy Rodgers faced a tough Defense yesterday and guess what, he looked average. No great comeback just a homefield playoff loss. Thats how a dog defense can make their own QB look average.

Reaction score
aikemirv;4381962 said:
He has a SuperBowl win because Samuel missed an east INT and the other guy made a spectacular catch. Now getting them in the endzone after that was a great job, but don't give me any junk, because he was lucky to be in that position after those passes, period.

David tyree isn't even in the league anymore!!

Asante makes that play 9/10 that year

But you can only go by the box score, it tells the whole story :rolleyes:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;4381838 said:
I'm also curious about this 'rise the level of his team mates' stuff and not just in relation to Romo.

You can apply this directly to Rodgers or Brees this weekend as well.

It's hard to apply that to Rodgers and Brees when they've both won SB's and SB MVP's. Both those QB's have accomplished a lot more than Romo and have reached an elite status that Romo is very unlikely to ever reach. The Cowboys have consistently faded in Dec/Jan under Romo since 06 with the exception of the 09 season. As I keep saying Romo is a good QB but he's been unable to elevate the play of his teammates in critical games.

At certain times this past season the Giants looked every bit as mediocre a team as the Cowboys but when Eli plays great he's able to elevate the play of his team. When a team believes in their QB even a QB like Tebow who can't even throw the football consistently can make their entire team better.