Aaron Rodgers is now 3-18 when trailing entering the fourth quarter

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
KJJ;4382798 said:
This Romo vs Rodgers debate has been going on for awhile. If yesterdays bad game by Rodgers didn't influence your opinion then how about digging up a post prior to yesterdays game where you were picking Romo over him. :cool: You're just living in the moment like a lot of FANS here do. You never hear this nonsense when Rodgers is lighting it up for 350 plus and 4 TD's. Mark my words if Brady or Eli stumbles Sunday watch them get persecuted by the Romosexuals.

Considering I had never answered a question about which one I'd take, I have no other posts about it.

If living in the moment is answering a question asked in a thread about it, then I guess I am. But my response again has nothing to do with what Rodgers did yesterday. If you'd asked me before or during the season which one I'd take, I'd give you the same response. My response simply has to do with the fact that I clicked on a thread, read some of it, saw a question and responded to it. If the thread had not existed, of course I wouldn't have responded.

How can you not understand that? I guess you would like to believe everyone wanted Rodgers before yesterday. Since I believe Romo can win a Super Bowl (just like Rodgers) with the right cast and I like him better that's simply not the case.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Most pathetic thread in history. Some folk s should just be observers and no more. comparing romo to Rodgers shows the low football iq of most casual fans.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
gimmesix;4382816 said:
How can you not understand that? I guess you would like to believe everyone wanted Rodgers before yesterday. Since I believe Romo can win a Super Bowl (just like Rodgers) with the right cast and I like him better that's simply not the case.

It's hard to understand anyone wanting a 31 year old Romo who's only won one playoff game over a 28 year old Aaron Rodgers who's won a SB and is coming off an MVP season. I firmly believe most fans here would take Rodgers over Romo without hesitation. You "believe" Romo can win a SB but the clock is ticking on him and we "know" Rodgers can win one because he's been there and done it. He's not done winning them and even though I think Romo is a very good QB Aaron Rodgers is special.

Reaction score
Judas;4382821 said:
Most pathetic thread in history. Some folk s should just be observers and no more. comparing romo to Rodgers shows the low football iq of most casual fans.

Not even close. The Ware doesn't make clutch plays is easily worse.

Reaction score
Judas;4382821 said:

Judas, you haven't started a thread since 2008. Your lack of originality is evident through you ignorant, belittling response. But...

In one of your threads you said Bobby Carpenter was a "3 in 1 player" in that he was a DOMINATE inside and outside linebacker. A great pass rusher and run stuffer

Bobby Carpenter is only a 3 in 1 player because hell be release by 3 teams in 1 year

You my friend need to keep learning.all i did was post a stat. You were on the Bobby Carpenter wagon :lmao:

You need a little more spectating before you post again

Reaction score
Judas;4382821 said:

I included a link to some of your "high football IQ thoughts" in my signature

I really love the "Bobby Carpenter & Pat Watkins are our ticket to the super bowl"
:lmao2:

ufcrules1

Reaction score
Double Trouble;4382791 said:
Romo's a good QB and isn't what's wrong with the Cowboys. But he also isn't in the same class with the guys at the top and there are few who aren't Cowboys homers who think he is.

I disagree. He was also part of the problem this year. Don't forget the Jets game, Lions game, and JG not trusting him in the Patriots game to throw the ball at the end (Because of the epic failure against the Lions). Romo played well after that... but he certainly played a roll in this team being 8-8. And please don't talk about the comebacks against sorry below .500 teams. We shouldn't have had to come back. We should have put more points on the board in the first place.

1. Secondary
2. Defensive line
3. Offensive line
4. Romo

ufcrules1

Reaction score
gimmesix;4382816 said:
Considering I had never answered a question about which one I'd take, I have no other posts about it.

If living in the moment is answering a question asked in a thread about it, then I guess I am. But my response again has nothing to do with what Rodgers did yesterday. If you'd asked me before or during the season which one I'd take, I'd give you the same response. My response simply has to do with the fact that I clicked on a thread, read some of it, saw a question and responded to it. If the thread had not existed, of course I wouldn't have responded.

Wait a minute.. you are telling me you would take Rodgers over Romo? Are you for real? :lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

ufcrules1

Reaction score
Judas;4382821 said:

It's beyond just casual fans. It's blind homer fans. Don't underestimate their blind love!

ufcrules1

Reaction score
Romo2Bryant4Six;4382953 said:
I included a link to some of your "high football IQ thoughts" in my signature

I really love the "Bobby Carpenter & Pat Watkins are our ticket to the super bowl"
:lmao2:

The same washed up Bobby Carpenter that outsmarted Romo for a pick 6 in the Lions game? He might suck be he is smarter than our QB.

burmafrd

Reaction score
ufcrules1;4382960 said:
The same washed up Bobby Carpenter that outsmarted Romo for a pick 6 in the Lions game? He might suck be he is smarter than our QB.

We would not have won 8 games without Romo. We would probably be at best 4-12.

But in your strange way you want to blame him for games we lost but refuse to credit him with games we won

burmafrd

Reaction score
KJJ;4382830 said:
It's hard to understand anyone wanting a 31 year old Romo who's only won one playoff game over a 28 year old Aaron Rodgers who's won a SB and is coming off an MVP season. I firmly believe most fans here would take Rodgers over Romo without hesitation. You "believe" Romo can win a SB but the clock is ticking on him and we "know" Rodgers can win one because he's been there and done it. He's not done winning them and even though I think Romo is a very good QB Aaron Rodgers is special.

and the fantasy that football is a one person game lives on....

Reaction score
ufcrules1;4382960 said:

did you struggle in English class grasping the context of statements through reading?

the man said Bobby Carpenter was our ticker to the super bowl!

every dog has his day

your still my boy UFC :)

hmcorp

Reaction score
Difference is that Green bay is tied for first in defensive takeaways.

down the stretch dallas got very few takeaways as well. down the stretch we lost games.

takeaways. your defense could be 32nd in the NFL but 1st in the AFC and third in the NFL in takeaways.

It helps more than anything.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
ufcrules1;4382956 said:
I disagree. He was also part of the problem this year. Don't forget the Jets game, Lions game, and JG not trusting him in the Patriots game to throw the ball at the end (Because of the epic failure against the Lions). Romo played well after that... but he certainly played a roll in this team being 8-8. And please don't talk about the comebacks against sorry below .500 teams. We shouldn't have had to come back. We should have put more points on the board in the first place.

1. Secondary
2. Defensive line
3. Offensive line
4. Romo
He played very well, for the most part. He's nowhere near the 4th most flawed thing on this team. You pretty much have to include almost every other aspect of the team ahead of him. Miles Austin's disappearance, Dez Bryant's invisibility, and Jason Witten's inevitable decline were more of a factor than Romo's mistakes.

It's cherrypicking to point out those 2 games, when you consider the epic meltdown of the rest of the team. And I've generally been very critical of Romo. Making insane mistakes is part of who he is, unfortunately, but it is for most QBs who aren't in that elite group at the top. There's a lot more good with him than not. You can point to a bunch of mistakes Matthew Stafford made as well, but at the end of the day, he was good enough to get his team to the playoffs, and played well in them if he'd had a defense.

Even if Romo forever stopped making plays like fumbling on the 1 yd line, the team would still be terminally ill. The entire organization is impossibly flawed because of the guy running it at the top. The OL, DL, Secondary and any other problems we have trace directly back to him. He creates a horrible environment, and it's obvious from everything that happens with the team. The notion that things were different in Dallas now died like the joke it was when he came down on the sidelines to tell Garrett that Romo wasn't going back in against Philly.

Every flaw in the team is relatively insignificant otherwise, because he (and the same group of guys from the last 5 years) are making the personnel decisions. He sets the tone at the top. Years of bad drafts, bad coaching hires, bad trades, bad free agent decisions. Having Roger Staubach or John Elway at QB wouldn't be able to overcome Jerry Jones.

Reaction score
Double Trouble;4382791 said:
:laugh2: at finding a stat to justify Romo. Here's another one: 1-3. Someone can research that one in just a few seconds. Group him with Philip Rivers, whose career is virtually mirroring Romo's, plus a few more playoff wins. Rivers was tagging right along with Romo in this fabricated stat prior to this year, no?

It's going to drive typical Cowboys-homer-Romo-QB-Rating-guys nuts when the rest of the world considers Eli Manning - if he gets to another SB - on a plane with his brother, Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Ben Roethlisberger and Aaron Rodgers....and still has Romo in the 2nd tier with guys like Phillip Rivers.

Romo's a good QB and isn't what's wrong with the Cowboys. But he also isn't in the same class with the guys at the top and there are few who aren't Cowboys homers who think he is.

All I did was post a stat, to see what people would think. Considering the
Consenus seems to be that Tony Romo is insufficient when the game is on the line.

I fully understand how good Brees, Brady, and Rodgers are, and what they've accomplished. Eli and Rothlisberger too.

jimmy40

Reaction score
Fat Toad;4380537 said:
I also think that Romo's lightning release helps cover for a bad line more than people realize, while Rodgers skill set is better at getting maximum mileage out of an otherwise loaded offense.
lightning release? Rodgers has a quicker release.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
jimmy40;4383034 said:
lightning release? Rodgers has a quicker release.

Rodgers may be bigger and has a bit stronger arm than Romo but no he does not have a quicker release.

jimmy40

Reaction score
Doomsday101;4383040 said:
Rodgers may be bigger and has a bit stronger arm than Romo but no he does not have a quicker release.
yeah he does.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
jimmy40;4383043 said:
yeah he does.

Romo has been timed at the same quickness of release as Marino. Rodgers does not have a quicker release than Romo. He does have a stronger arm but no your dead wrong on it. Keep saying he does all you want but that is not true.