Twitter: Acho: Cowboys have a roster construction issue

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If I was Miami I would run run run and run. No way we stop it with this tiny line up. We are worst than last year at the linebacker position. If we are going to solve it we better do it quick. Go get some vets or look on someone practice squad. We have to sign someone and get them coached up asap. No way we make it far in the playoffs hoping our offense can start fast every game and force a team to pass pass pass.
i think we play 3-4...with Parsons, Rashaan Evans middle...Chauncey one side...and Sam Williams other...mazi smith..OSA and Dorance or pick someone

for the 3....this will heal our run defense....my lowly opinion

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Acho isn't dumb. He actually knows what he's talking about. Sure some stuff is for entertainment but here he's 100% correct. DT's and scheme have nothing to do with you having 4 safeties out there against jumbo packages and 22 personnel. Its insane. A 1 tech can't save you from having Bell going up against 6'6 240 pound tight ends. Its fine in coverage and on passing downs but not when a team is running down your throat.
i am sure mr Marathon is a bit ticked this week...hey but sheagles threw us a bone last night?

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
This has been the defensive line up and strategy for weeks and now he suddenly brings it up after a loss

Cowboysheelsreds058

Reaction score
Did nobody else see the red flags during the offseason whenever someone would be injured or there was questions about depth Dan Quinn’s responds would basically be “yeah, we got a safety that can fill in”.

We don’t even have safeties that can play the safety position.

Lol, agree Lex. How is a S going to do a LB position, when they are terrible at S, what they specialize in. A jack of all trades and a master at none.

Aven8

Reaction score
The problem the other night is they didn’t set the edge. No containment whatsoever from our DE’s. Everything was off tackle.

plymkr

Reaction score

How much does this guy make? All I know is we have been talking about our roster being poorly constructed for 20 years now. This isn’t anything we as a community discuss on a consistent basis.

JustChip

Reaction score
No they threw the ball.
9 rush for 48 yards
4 pass (2 complete) for 24 yards

2 of the rush attempts were after the DLaw penalty and accounted for 3 yards. So, prior to the penalty, which gave the a 1st & goal at the 3, they rushed 7 for 45 (6.4 avg). They roughly rushed 2x as much and for 2x the yardage as pass on that opening drive.

exciter

Reaction score
Did nobody else see the red flags during the offseason whenever someone would be injured or there was questions about depth Dan Quinn’s responds would basically be “yeah, we got a safety that can fill in”.

We don’t even have safeties that can play the safety position.
We’ve definitely seen you make repeated silly posts, making a fool of yourself while desperately grasping at tweets that are for the most part gibberish!

BlueStar22

Reaction score
Evans sucks in coverage

Evans sucks in coverage.
And your two starting linebacker suck in run support. That's what you're going to see again this week. So keep Evans on the sideline because he allegedly sucks in coverage? Run stopping is not the sole responsibility of the defensive line. The linebackers have to be willing and we know another LB with a neck issue isn't willing and the other guy is a converted safety. Did you see Evans stuff the run at the goal line? I doubt either one of those other guys do that. Put Micah and Evans in and rotate Clark and Bell. Tank, Fowler, and Sam can handle pass rush.

RonWashington

Reaction score
Kearse who I always thought of as a tough player lately is either making “ bidness decisions “ not to get involved or he’s adverse to contact .

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Kearse who I always thought of as a tough player lately is either making “ bidness decisions “ not to get involved or he’s adverse to contact .
He received a personal foul flag for clobbering a receiver. The flag was BS but the hit was a stout one.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Why post anything from this guy? He has proven to be a clown time and time again. LBs aren't the issue, its scheme and no good 1 tech DT.
He's a MAJOR CLOWN, I agree.
But he has a point here, unfortunately.

Having said that, 80-90% of teams in the league would love to have Dallas' roster

RonWashington

Reaction score
He received a personal foul flag for clobbering a receiver. The flag was BS but the hit was a stout one.

Yeah any rough tackling now is frowned upon by the NFL . On a run play the Bill was gobbling up yardage and Kearse was getting further and further from the ball carrier

Pass2Run

Reaction score
i think we play 3-4...with Parsons, Rashaan Evans middle...Chauncey one side...and Sam Williams other...mazi smith..OSA and Dorance or pick someone

for the 3....this will heal our run defense....my lowly opinion
That, or just subtract a back, like Vaughn, and use his spot to add a run-stopping LB type. There has to be some kind of move we can make. The other idea would be to activate Malik Jefferson to add an actual LB to the mix.

Right now, the team really misses Hankins and LVE, as far as I can tell.

Jefferson plays the run pretty well, though.

Acho, being a Texas alum, dissing Jefferson? Acho is more of a hot take type. I'm trying to find a pragmatic way to fix the issue.

Last edited: