Adam Schefter: "There's not a player in football with more leverage right now than Dak Prescott."

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
If Trey Lance can have a "high performance" preseason, Dak's leverage will be gone. All Dak can do to regain that leverage is win a Lombardi trophy.
And if he looks like the same QB he was with the Niners, and the Boys have a .500 or better record this year, Dak just gained another $10 million a year on his asking price because the Jones Boys will be desperate with no backup or high first rounder.

If I was Dak’s agent, I would remind him how many rookies and second year linemen will be protecting him this year, and look at that RB bench. That’s great and all that he believes in himself, but you can’t get paid as much if you get hurt. Unless your name is Michael Gallup or Terrance Steele. Who am I kidding? This will go down to the wire, the Cowboys will overpay, and life goes on under the Jones Administration.

Chasing6

Reaction score
If Trey Lance can have a "high performance" preseason, Dak's leverage will be gone. All Dak can do to regain that leverage is win a Lombardi trophy.
On year 4 in the NFL playing against rookies and UDFA's, he should play like a HOFamer.

Flamma

Reaction score
I you believe that you have no realistic understanding of the QB market.

They did not have to keep pushing his contract down the road. That is what GM Jethro chose to do.
He chose to do it to fit the rest of the team on the roster. If he didn't, then something else, somewhere else would have been different. The Cowboys pretty much maxed out the cap pushing what Dak wasn't worth forward every year. Now we're here.

Chasing6

Reaction score
He chose to do it to fit the rest of the team on the roster. If he didn't, then something else, somewhere else would have been different. The Cowboys pretty much maxed out the cap pushing what Dak wasn't worth forward every year. Now we're here.
Delusional at best.

GINeric

Reaction score
Who cares about the first 4 years.....what's his ranking in the LAST 4 YEARS.

This is EXACTLY the concerns most level fence sitters have about Dak First Fans.....you're cherry picking.

Yes he may of been great 4 years ago........but he isnt that player now (and the trends indicate that this who he is).

Dak's not clutch at all. The past 4 play-off games kind of indicate that HE AND THE WHOLE TEAM GIVE IN WHEN BEHIND.......AS NONE OF THEM HAVE FAITH IN A COMEBACK.

Since he's been in the league, he's 12th in 4th quarter comebacks. Is that elite? Nope. But is he a top 10 quarterback who became All Pro and was in MVP considerations WITHOUT a functioning running game?? Yep.

Now my original response that you responded to was addressing someone saying Dak is a bum.

Sense you jumped to his/her defense, maybe you can explain to me how a "bum quarterback who sucks" can be in the top 10, become All Pro and be in the MVP race, WITHOUT a functioning running game
So you are saying you have never seen anyone say "elite" with Dak? Well okay...I don't believe that, but we'll move on. I NEVER said YOU said it, mkay? Just general conversation...which includes more than just you.

If I think you said something I'll be very specific about, usually a quote.

1) I have never said he sucks. I'll (politely) wait for you to find a quote. What I did say is he has some serious concerning trouble in the big/playoff games. Yes, players, teams, coaches...all have "bad games". I'm not gonna list them all just to talk about Dak. The GB game...throwing a brainless interception to mollify a sulking WR is not leadership. It's not just a "bad passer rating". It's a thoughtless decision that should concern everyone. Then he did it again, 'though not quite as stupid. All the while knowing (or should) our defense was struggling and doing nothing would have been better.

2) I do not know the answer to this question and could not care any less about it.

Thank you for your polite patience.

Of course I've seen people say Dak was elite, but I don't agree with them. With that said, I never said you said Dak sucks, I was previously addressing those who do here on a daily basis.

It's hilarious that not ONE of them who said Dak sucks or Dak is a bum could provide an answer to any of my questions.

How can a bum quarterback who suck, be top 10, be All Pro and be in MVP considerations without a good running game.

They all ran from answering that question and THAT'S why I label them low IQ cowards because the idiots spew out things that they can't back up with facts and logic.

So the cowards run, hide and avoid the post when that question is asked. Typical cowardly behavior.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Who cares about the first 4 years.....what's his ranking in the LAST 4 YEARS.

This is EXACTLY the concerns most level fence sitters have about Dak First Fans.....you're cherry picking.

Yes he may of been great 4 years ago........but he isnt that player now (and the trends indicate that this who he is).

Dak's not clutch at all. The past 4 play-off games kind of indicate that HE AND THE WHOLE TEAM GIVE IN WHEN BEHIND.......AS NONE OF THEM HAVE FAITH IN A COMEBACK.
Who cares about the last 4. We only care about the next 4.

ksadler1

Reaction score
I'm not for or against signing Dak, but what's the worst thing that could happen in either scenario? We get to 35 years with nothing to show for it? I got to witness the Staubach, and Aikman Superbowl years. You younger fans can worry about the future. I'm good to go.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Since he's been in the league, he's 12th in 4th quarter comebacks. Is that elite? Nope. But is he a top 10 quarterback who became All Pro and was in MVP considerations WITHOUT a functioning running game?? Yep.

Now my original response that you responded to was addressing someone saying Dak is a bum.

Sense you jumped to his/her defense, maybe you can explain to me how a "bum quarterback who sucks" can be in the top 10, become All Pro and be in the MVP race, WITHOUT a functioning running game

Of course I've seen people say Dak was elite, but I don't agree with them. With that said, I never said you said Dak sucks, I was previously addressing those who do here on a daily basis.

It's hilarious that not ONE of them who said Dak sucks or Dak is a bum could provide an answer to any of my questions.

How can a bum quarterback who suck, be top 10, be All Pro and be in MVP considerations without a good running game.

They all ran from answering that question and THAT'S why I label them low IQ cowards because the idiots spew out things that they can't back up with facts and logic.

So the cowards run, hide and avoid the post when that question is asked. Typical cowardly behavior.
:facepalm:

fivetwos

Reaction score
If I were Prescott I would absolutely NOT re-up in Dallas.

Why continue to take the brunt of the blame for management that cannot put together a winner nor seems interested in trying, while all the while blaming your salary for that? They haven’t signed one single major free agent since years before he was drafted.

I’d take my 50-55m a year elsewhere and take my chances. He would probably lose some endorsement money but that doesn’t matter…he is way more than set for life already.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Who cares about the last 4. We only care about the next 4.
A typical Fan of Dak, ignore the contemporary evidence of the last four years as it doesnt suit your position, but quite willing to go back to years 1-4. Im sure another on your 'Ignore List' is all Play-off games where we dont score first.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
Another Dak Supporting use of statistics with ABSOLUTELY NO analysis. Go check when those comeback were and also EXCLUDE those that were concluded with a FG.....ive no problem with his ability to move the chains, I question his ability to finish these drives with TD.....situations when he's go fallback and it's ultimate pressure of 7 or Lose.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score

What are you gibbering on about?

I dont think ive ever called him a 'bum' - apology will be accepted. Actually I dont think ive even much criticized his regular season form, he can beat up average teams and even sometimes beat a good side (provided he doesnt have to manage a comeback)......the insurmountable problem is, that by the very nature of the design, the better teams get to the play-offs and Dak appears to struggle against them.....particularly when we're trailing.

PS - the GB game wasnt the fault of the running game, if you check the play-by-play Dak decided to abandon it and try and force the passing game......which, yet again appears to be his weakness.

GINeric

Reaction score
What are you gibbering on about?

I dont think ive ever called him a 'bum' - apology will be accepted. Actually I dont think ive even much criticized his regular season form, he can beat up average teams and even sometimes beat a good side (provided he doesnt have to manage a comeback)......the insurmountable problem is, that by the very nature of the design, the better teams get to the play-offs and Dak appears to struggle against them.....particularly when we're trailing.

PS - the GB game wasnt the fault of the running game, if you check the play-by-play Dak decided to abandon it and try and force the passing game......which, yet again appears to be his weakness.
First of all, I never said you called Dak a bum. If you read what I typed I clearly stated that I ORIGINALLY ADDRESSED A PREVIOUS POSTER who said that.

And the GB game was the fault of most of the team AND the coaching staff. Dak isn't the only one who had a bad game that day but for some reason he's the only one blamed for it, which is the dumbest conclusion to come to.

GINeric

Reaction score
Another Dak Supporting use of statistics with ABSOLUTELY NO analysis. Go check when those comeback were and also EXCLUDE those that were concluded with a FG.....ive no problem with his ability to move the chains, I question his ability to finish these drives with TD.....situations when he's go fallback and it's ultimate pressure of 7 or Lose.

I support each and every player that plays for the Dallas Cowboys. Imagine rooting for a team but don't want to support the players that play for your favorite team.....

Motorola

Reaction score
Since he's been in the league, he's 12th in 4th quarter comebacks.
'GINeric' - I would like to know why you, and others CZers - consider "4th Quarter Comebacks" a legitimate statistic for quarterbacks - but not the won\loss record?
The mantra: "the won\loss record is a TEAM stat."
Shouldn't the "come-from-behind deficit to get a win" be a TEAM stat also?

No matter how many points an NFL team is behind going into to 4th quarter - it takes all three phases of the squad to rescue victory from the jaws of defeat.
A team can get it done without the offense, i.e. quarterback - adding nothing to the effort. Examples:

Team B behind by 6 points- the defense keeps Team A from scoring at all in the last quarter.
-Team B defense forces a punt, then special teams returns it for a TD+ PAT for the victory. .
- Team B is behind by 2 points, but defense forces a turnover with seconds to go deep in Team A's territory...Team A special team comes on the field to kick the games winning FG.
And those two comeback wins should be attributed to the QB?

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
First of all, I never said you called Dak a bum. If you read what I typed I clearly stated that I ORIGINALLY ADDRESSED A PREVIOUS POSTER who said that.

And the GB game was the fault of most of the team AND the coaching staff. Dak isn't the only one who had a bad game that day but for some reason he's the only one blamed for it, which is the dumbest conclusion to come to.
Ok, so lets be fair on the GB game......he wasnt the only aspect, however, when you factor in contract and positional influence on the game, he probably comes out very high on the list.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I support each and every player that plays for the Dallas Cowboys. Imagine rooting for a team but don't want to support the players that play for your favorite team.....
I do support them when they're playing, however, criticize when they dont perform.

Chasing6

Reaction score
A typical Fan of Dak, ignore the contemporary evidence of the last four years as it doesnt suit your position, but quite willing to go back to years 1-4. Im sure another on your 'Ignore List' is all Play-off games where we dont score first.
No you have DDS. Convenient for you to pick out whatever stats you want to go by.

GINeric

Reaction score
I do support them when they're playing, however, criticize when they dont perform.

As you should!! So do I. The problem is, there is more than one player who has underperformed in our big games.... but if you've never watched the Cowboys play and just came to this board for post game analysis, you'd think the ONLY reason for our losses is due to just one person underperforming.

This isn't boxing, tennis or golf.