Adam Schefter: "There's not a player in football with more leverage right now than Dak Prescott."

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Someone, probably not Jerry will pay Dak $50 mill a season.
I am honestly not sure about that. If you stink why not go draft a guy in round one. If you are on the verge what has Dak done to suggest he will get you a SB. If you are in the middle you aren’t spending $50 million on a mid tier QB. What team is going to sign him for big money. Seriously who???

Chasing6

Reaction score
I am honestly not sure about that. If you stink why not go draft a guy in round one. If you are on the verge what has Dak done to suggest he will get you a SB. If you are in the middle you aren’t spending $50 million on a mid tier QB. What team is going to sign him for big money. Seriously who???
Steelers

Chasing6

Reaction score
Why do people hate Fields??? Seriously why? Chicago was terrible. Plus they have Wilson. How does Dak fit there?

Dak will be 31. Who is going to pay him $250MM???
Great athletes rely to much on their athletic ability and don't have a good understanding of the game. The run around buying time to make plays. That is not how the QB is played at a high level. It may work once in a while. I may even be intertwining, but you have to be able to read a defense and get the ball out quickly.

Too many GM's are infatuated with running QB's and the keep getting hurt anyway.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Hawkeye asked you to find the quotes.
Always strikes me odd that such knowledgeable fans, willing to argue non stop want others to provide them proof of things that are common knowledge. He made a really broad statement that I said I disagreed with. If ya'll wanna stick with the whole players and teams don't judge their opponents, by all means do so.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Great athletes rely to much on their athletic ability and don't have a good understanding of the game. They run around buying time to make plays. That is not how the QB positioned is played at a high level. It may work once in a while. It may even be entertaining, but you have to be able to read a defense and get the out quickly. Too May GM's are infatuated with a running athlete they might be able to learn how to play QB and then wonder what they get hurt all the time.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Why do people hate Fields??? Seriously why? Chicago was terrible. Plus they have Wilson. How does Dak fit there?

Dak will be 31. Who is going to pay him $250MM???
Wilson and Fields become free agents the same day Prescott and Lance do. The Steelers and Cowboys will “be in the market”. They’ll both be looking for new head coaches, as well. Their current head coaches are not signed beyond this season.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
Wilson and Fields become free agents the same day Prescott and Lance do. The Steelers and Cowboys will “be in the market”. They’ll both be looking for new head coaches, as well. Their current head coaches are not signed beyond this season.
I don’t see a smart organization like the Pittsburgh Steelers giving Dak $50 million per. I just don’t.

As an aside it is pretty incredible how Dallas is set up to get nothing for him.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
If so, they will find the value is not there. I do not hate Dak but he has had the tools around him and he cannot get over the hump in the playoffs.

I see him tentative when he faces a solid defense.
No argument.

But still a top 10 QB and teams over value QBs and over pay.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I don't get the whole "Dak has all the leverage" crap I keep reading. If they want to move on from him, he has none.
If they wanted to move on from him, all they would have to do is say this is his last year.

Is that hard to say?

However, they keep saying the opposite for some strange reason.

GINeric

Reaction score
Explain his GB game. How can an elite Qb have that performance?

And it wasn't because of a missed block or WR tip. Inexplicable bonehead plays that cost us 14 easy 1st half points.

I'm not saying start Lance because of it. But we have to have some honest conversations about why that would happen to an "elite" QB in what should have been an easy home playoff game.

Who called Dak elite? I've never said Dak was elite, so why would you bring that word into the conversation?

Now to answer your question, his GB game was bad. But so was Lamb's, Parsons, the entire defense, the running backs and the coaches.... but why do yall bring up only one player in that GB game when the entire team and coaching staff performed like trash?

Now that I've answered YOUR question, let's see if you'll finally answer mine.

1. How can a quarterback that "sucks" be in the top 10, become All Pro WITHOUT a functioning running game and be in MVP considerations?

2. What other quarterbacks in history that "sucked", were in the top 10, became All Pros WITHOUT a functioning running game and were in MVP considerations?

I'll politely wait....

Chasing6

Reaction score
Explain his GB game. How can an elite Qb have that performance?

And it wasn't because of a missed block or WR tip. Inexplicable bonehead plays that cost us 14 easy 1st half points.

I'm not saying start Lance because of it. But we have to have some honest conversations about why that would happen to an "elite" QB in what should have been an easy home playoff game.
Really do you don't think QB's have bad games.

Tom Brady had his worst passer rating in a playoff game in the 2009 AFC Wild Card game versus the Ravens on January 10, 2010, with a 49.1 rating.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
I don’t see a smart organization like the Pittsburgh Steelers giving Dak $50 million per. I just don’t.

As an aside it is pretty incredible how Dallas is set up to get nothing for him.
I think you’re right. The Steelers will be leery of signing any QB for that much. They’ll talk to France, though. And Dallas will get a 3rd round comp pick in 2026 for Dak moving on in free agency. Seeing that many fans think Lance is the superior QB to Dak and was worth a 4th rounder, a 3rd rounder, albeit a late 3rd, is a good “get” for a “loser” like Dak, right? Poor Jerry has really got himself in a mess. The NY Giants, they can get out of their deal with D. Jones after this season. If they were willing to pay Jones $40 million per season, imagine what they would be willing to pay Dak Prescott. And he’s familiar with the division. Cowboys fans that love Dak will still get to see him twice a year. This is why we are addicted to the NFL. It’s too funny.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I think you’re right. The Steelers will be leery of signing any QB for that much. They’ll talk to France, though. And Dallas will get a 3rd round comp pick in 2026 for Dak moving on in free agency. Seeing that many fans think Lance is the superior QB to Dak and was worth a 4th rounder, a 3rd rounder, albeit a late 3rd, is a good “get” for a “loser” like Dak, right? Poor Jerry has really got himself in a mess. The NY Giants, they can get out of their deal with D. Jones after this season. If they were willing to pay Jones $40 million per season, imagine what they would be willing to pay Dak Prescott. And he’s familiar with the division. Cowboys fans that love Dak will still get to see him twice a year. This is why we are addicted to the NFL. It’s too funny.
3rd round comp pick which is basically an early 4 round pick.

CowboysLegends2

Reaction score
Many teams will be willing to take a chance on gambling for a high side. Dallas on the other hand knows what they have and what they are willing to let another team pay for.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Many teams will be willing to take a chance on gambling for a high side. Dallas on the other hand knows what they have and what they are willing to let another team pay for.
When Dak leaves Dallas will have nothing at the QB position.