Adding A Wide Nine Package On D Could It Work?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
That would be something unexpected coming from the Cowboys. It's something Dan Quinn has used in the past so I could see it happen just to catch an opponent off guard. Don't look for it in the preseason, they'll want to keep that a surprise for the regular season.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
LOL........who is playing games now? Here is what I posted. I even dummied down the reading with highlights:

Here’s what Sam Monson wrote recently for Pro Football Focus after pointing out Pollard as the Cowboys’ most underrated player

“The Dallas Cowboys are in a tough spot. By handing Ezekiel Elliott the contract they did, it is very difficult for them to reduce his role to the level it should be based on how Pollard has performed when given the opportunity. Since being drafted, Pollard is tied with Derrick Henry for the best yards after contact average in the league (4.0) and tied with Nick Chubb for the best broken tackle rate (0.25).”

There’s an argument to be made that Pollard is simply the perfect complement to Elliott rather than the better overall running back. Tony is the more dynamic runner at this point in Zeke’s career, with the latter being more of a power back now than a home run threat.

Still, the numbers bear out that Pollard deserves to carry more of the load in Dallas. That’s despite Elliott’s contract that’s scheduled to make a $13.7 million-sized dent in the team’s salary cap in 2021 according to spotrac.com.
I said I agreed with it what's the issue? Pick your battles man is this really something to argue about lol?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You may have a redundancy issue. Were they the worst defense in NFL history, and did the team with the greatest defense last year, win the championship?

Its ok for people to talk about stats buddy. The better you are at offense or defense helps you win championships. The better QB play you have, the more that helps you win games which helps you win championships. The more your defense sucks, the harder that is.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If you think this article is a compliment to Zeke, then you are really whacked. LOL

It is clearly complimenting Pollard at Zeke's expense. The OBVIOUS point is that we need more pollard and less zeke. And that its tough because of the big dumb contract we gave Zeke.
Once again....I agree we need more Pollard than Zeke....

Its funny though yesterday I asked you would you be upset if Zeke had 900 Yards if it resulted in 16 wins....you said yes because he wouldn't be productive...a day later now you are saying you want more carries for Pollard but just yesterday you were saying you want 1300 yards from Zeke lol. Sheesh.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I said I agreed with it what's the issue? Pick your battles man is this really something to argue about lol?

Here is the video that went with the article. Glad you agree. TIME IS UP!!!!

Enjoy!!

"Compliment to Zeke"? :lmao::lmao::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yet this whole conversation started because you got upset when I mentioned that you are were a big Zeke fan. :lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao:
Uhh no it didn't. I'm a Zeke fan. I'm a Dak fan. Its well known around these parts lol. That's not how this whole conversation started...you said something childish and I replied on it......

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Its ok for people to talk about stats buddy. The better you are at offense or defense helps you win championships. The better QB play you have, the more that helps you win games which helps you win championships. The more your defense sucks, the harder that is.

Rankings and stats, are two different subjects. Rankings are based off of stats, and stats fluctuate. A bad stat today, may change a good average on tomorrow. What you just stated, has nothing to do with rankings. I believe we all understand the nuances of the game, and generally, the better team always wins.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Once again....I agree we need more Pollard than Zeke....

Its funny though yesterday I asked you would you be upset if Zeke had 900 Yards if it resulted in 16 wins....you said yes because he wouldn't be productive...a day later now you are saying you want more carries for Pollard but just yesterday you were saying you want 1300 yards from Zeke lol. Sheesh.

My comment is geared towards earning his salary. His production would be sad.

Now if your talking about Zeke getting 900 yards and Pollard getting 900 with a 50/50 split........THAT split would make me happy.

Is that too complicated for ya?

Dre11

Reaction score
Nothing at all not to agree with. The article nails everything. Im glad you agree as well.

1. Pollard is better than Zeke at YAC and breaking tackles
2. Carries should be based on who deserves the carries, not who is paid more
3. Cowboys are in a tough spot with overpaying Zeke
4. Pollard is the more dynamic back than Zeke
5. Zeke is no longer a home run threat and is just a power back
6. Based on the numbers Pollard deserves more carries than he is getting.

Pollard's not carrying the load like Zeke has, he's a better receiving back, but as pure RB he's not better than Zeke ,there's no GM or Coach in the league that would agree with that.
While Pollard deserves more carries, it still should be no more than a 70/30 split, they compliment each other well

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Great, so what is the split you would like to see?
I don't care about the splits....Zeke is my starter...use Pollard as a change of pace to keep the defense on their feet and honest. However many snaps that results in then i'm cool with it.

So you cant wait to shut up his doubters when he gets less carries?

You contradict yourself.
Go read the post I replied too...i'm not answering no more questions that are right there in your face.

My comment is geared towards earning his salary. His production would be sad.

Now if your talking about Zeke getting 900 yards and Pollard getting 900 with a 50/50 split........THAT split would make me happy.

Is that too complicated for ya?
Oh. But that once again contradicts your previous point that you want guys to get playing time based on skill and not salary...yet you want him to have 1300 yards and get reps over Pollard because of what he's paid? It just makes no sense but its not suppose to because you're trolling. Atleast I hope you are.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Pollard's not carrying the load like Zeke has, he's a better receiving back, but as pure RB he's not better than Zeke ,there's no GM or Coach in the league that would agree with that.
While Pollard deserves more carries, it still should be no more than a 70/30 split, they compliment each other well

Ah so you do think Pollard deserves more? Glad to hear it. I would go with 60/40 and see how that goes. Have concerns over Pollard ability to carry more of the load.

As far as Pollard being a better overall RB, I havent hear anyone say that. I do think that most things Pollard does better than Zeke. I would just want to see how he handles more of a load.