Adrian Peterson requested trade to Cowboys

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
@sportingnews: Adrian Peterson has requested a trade to the Cowboys. How bout that? http://t.co/8T7Ki68rqe http://t.co/pKQCWuP3X3

I call BS.

Most likely the media is just making this up because mentioning either Peterson or the Cowboys in a story gets attention. Mentioning both of them really gets attention.

Just look at this thread, it's already 6 pages in just over 12 hours.

The other possibility is that the Vikings leaked this because they think they can trade him. The statements the Vikings have made make me think that they think they can trade him or want to keep him but at a reduced salary. If they were just going to keep him at his current salary, they would just say the he will be with them in 2015. Instead, they say that they would like to have him back.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
This has already been such a fascinating offseason and nothing has even really happened yet!
This is much more fun than the quiet, nothing of any substance is happening, boring, pining for something football offseasons.

I'm very much enjoying all this.

coult44

Reaction score
The media wants AD here so that they can bash JJ and The Boys for signing a child abusing idiot?!! No thanks on the drama, and distractions it will create . Keep who we have, and stop trying to fix the part of the team that isn't broken!!!

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
if you're not going to pay Murray, which I don't think Dallas should, why would you trade for an even higher priced aging back out of football for a year...NO THANKS!! Hershel Walker never lived up to his trade expectations to Minny, don't make the same mistake going the other way...

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
Wish AP would just shut his piehole for now.....let things shake out and see if the Vikings are willing to pay him the $13 mil . I personally do not think so and it is just a smokescreen on their part in order to try to get a trade. AP has the leverage on the trade since no team would be willing to get stuck with that salary and would need to renegotiate it with AP, who would obviously not do so unless it is the Cowboys The Cowboys should NOT trade or give up anything to the Vikings and gamble on his release. The Vikings are stuck over a barrell on this one and no way you want to let them off.

For those skeptics on here who think AP is old, the guy keeps his body in shape year round and that was one reason he was able to come back sooner after that knee injury. He is a freak. He also had plenty of rest last year and he is ready to rumble this year. He has better breakaway speed than Murray does. Don't get me wrong, my first option has always been to resign Murray, but the Cowboys have probably given him a take it or leave it offer and are not going to over that.

He has to make his desire to not be there known.

This is all part of the process.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This has always been the wild card in all this. Peterson telling the Vikings he doesn't want to play there anymore.

I don't know how you move forward with a player like that knowing he doesn't want to be there.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This has always been the wild card in all this. Peterson telling the Vikings he doesn't want to play there anymore.

I don't know how you move forward with a player like that knowing he doesn't want to be there.

You don't in my opinion. But they will all posture within the organization so that the public believes 'the team did all they could' and Peterson forced his way out, making him the 'bad guy' in the eventual split.

popp1234

Reaction score
8757632_orig.png

Good job there.

phildadon86

Reaction score
I call BS.

Most likely the media is just making this up because mentioning either Peterson or the Cowboys in a story gets attention. Mentioning both of them really gets attention.

Just look at this thread, it's already 6 pages in just over 12 hours.

The other possibility is that the Vikings leaked this because they think they can trade him. The statements the Vikings have made make me think that they think they can trade him or want to keep him but at a reduced salary. If they were just going to keep him at his current salary, they would just say the he will be with them in 2015. Instead, they say that they would like to have him back.

I think that the fact AP came out and said hes uneasy and all of that was to get released. I think he is doing everything in his power to get our of Minnesota. Not to mention he brought up Texas for no apparent reason lol. I think hes as good as gone in Minny and will take a reduced salary here for an opportunity with his childhood hometown team and at a superbowl

Chuck 54

Reaction score
No way Jerry is foolish enough to trade for Peterson. That would be the stupidest move ever.

You can't negotiate with Peterson or even talk to him, so a trade means you assume that ridiculous contract. If Peterson refuses to take a paycut, Minny will most likely be forced to release him. Why trade for him?

Nope, you let the situation with Dez and Murray play out.

WPBCowboysFan

Reaction score
The Vikings are still butt hurt from the Walker deal...

AP here would be double butthurt as they sit home for the playoffs and watch him wearing the star in the post season. Not likely to happen, but it would be some serious butthurt. A current dose with a reminder of the abusive past!. :muttley:

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think that the fact AP came out and said hes uneasy and all of that was to get released. I think he is doing everything in his power to get our of Minnesota. Not to mention he brought up Texas for no apparent reason lol. I think hes as good as gone in Minny and will take a reduced salary here for an opportunity with his childhood hometown team and at a superbowl

It's a little odd on his part. It's highly likely that he will take a huge pay cut if the Vikings cut him. His salary is scheduled to be 12.75M with the Vikings. I don't see another team giving him over 8M and it could be less than that.

DallasCowboys2080

Reaction score
unless im seeing wrong the vikes fans on their message board/forums seem to just want him out. They think he is acting like a big baby or something.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's a little odd on his part. It's highly likely that he will take a huge pay cut if the Vikings cut him. His salary is scheduled to be 12.75M with the Vikings. I don't see another team giving him over 8M and it could be less than that.

I can't see the Vikings having any intentions of paying him that amount anyway. And I don't think he has any intention of negotiating with Minnesota to stay there at a reduced rate.

Add that up and it looks like an eventual release to me, unless it gets to a deal similar to what Steve McNair went through in Tennessee.

Dday22t

Reaction score
Peterson is un-tradeable, except to maybe Jax or Oak since they have a ton of cap space. No other team is going to trade and have to take on that contract.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The media wants AD here

You could have just stopped right there. There was a huge lost opportunity for them to cover a circus when the Cowboys passed on Johnny Football last year but now they have a potential lifevest thrown their way and another chance for serious drama.